• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the best system for add/drops??

What is the best system for add/drops

• First come first serve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waiver Wire system with reset

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Rolling Waiver Wire system

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • FAAB system

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 4 types

First come First serve
Waiver Wire with Reset
Rolling Waiver Wire
FAAB budget

My favorite is FAAB...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling is my favorite. I like the option of keeping my #1 spot for as long as I like.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiver wire with reset. .the same way every single major team sports league does it. The only way that incorporates your teams performance, the right way.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 4 types

First come First serve
Waiver Wire with Reset
Rolling Waiver Wire
FAAB budget

My favorite is FAAB...

Never done FAAB, but from what I hear the leagues who do really like it. I'm not for the reset or first come first serve options. There is absolutely no strategy with either. Reset only reward the bad, first come only reward the early.
As such, I'd favor the rolling (#1), and although I've never done it FAAB (#2). There is a pretty high level of strategy with both, as opposed to I sucked last week and if I lose again I'll get another first pick - reset, or gotta get up at 2a.m. and get a pick in - first come.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the FAAB and rolling the best. I play in leagues with all the listed options. The first come first serve option is my least favorite. We have had abuse of this method in our leagues. Tied into the commish putting the trades through per the no vote system. Then 5 seconds after he decides the trades going through he claims a player who was dropped during the trade. Needless to say it's caused some issues with some owners.

The budget is nice but as you have a shot at everyone. But it limits your ability to make changes to your roster for games. We run ours each day at 11 AM. So you have guys going DTD in the afternoon. But you have no ability to make any FA moves for that nights roster.

I'm still holding my #2 spot in my 16 team baseball league. The #1 spot has not been used since the draft either. I guess that says more about whats is available though in a deep league with only 5 keepers.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faab is my favorite to use as well. It makes it really interesting at the end of the year.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Spiller I think auction is great and I'm thinking of putting it into my keeper league

With that said I firmly believe that this league is not the place

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never done FAAB, but from what I hear the leagues who do really like it. I'm not for the reset or first come first serve options. There is absolutely no strategy with either. Reset only reward the bad, first come only reward the early.
As such, I'd favor the rolling (#1), and although I've never done it FAAB (#2). There is a pretty high level of strategy with both, as opposed to I sucked last week and if I lose again I'll get another first pick - reset, or gotta get up at 2a.m. and get a pick in - first come.

After seeing Treff's passionate distaste for auction, guess I'll support that and change my second preference to reset the first year - perhaps it help level the playing field for future years. Then we entertain evolving to something else.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Spiller I think auction is great and I'm thinking of putting it into my keeper league

With that said I firmly believe that this league is not the place

this thread is not for the dynasty league, just wanted to know what people liked...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say. .I'm a little surprised, as I was with the MBBRL waiver system vote a couple years ago, that a group who is pretty strongly in favor of fair play/level playing field, would have an issue with the worst team getting the first pick on waivers consistently. Not like, shocked and OMG how could you. ..but a little surprised

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fun is it seeing the same team get the top spot every week? Sooner or later the blind squirrel should find a few nuts and get out of the top waiver spot. It gets really old missing out on claims week after week as one of the better teams. But something I found fun was battling it out with those top teams on second claim of the week. You don't get or use it on Wednesday but claim someone on Friday/Saturday before the wire resets. Lends to some good banter between the top teams for the bottom halves castoffs.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say. .I'm a little surprised, as I was with the MBBRL waiver system vote a couple years ago, that a group who is pretty strongly in favor of fair play/level playing field, would have an issue with the worst team getting the first pick on waivers consistently. Not like, shocked and OMG how could you. ..but a little surprised
I think it's because we're mostly strategists. A penalty for using your waiver claim is more interesting than use-it-or-lose-it.

Auction waivers for auction draft.

FCFS is silly.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fun is it seeing the same team get the top spot every week? Sooner or later the blind squirrel should find a few nuts and get out of the top waiver spot. It gets really old missing out on claims week after week as one of the better teams. But something I found fun was battling it out with those top teams on second claim of the week. You don't get or use it on Wednesday but claim someone on Friday/Saturday before the wire resets. Lends to some good banter between the top teams for the bottom halves castoffs.
I guess it's more fun to me knowing that I beat a team who I know had every opportunity to improve their team, than it would be to beat one knowing they had to replace their injured 1st rounder with the 4th best option that week off the wire.

Likewise, it's more fun that if I happen to be that team who has the bad luck, injury problems, I like that I'll have every chance to overcome that, rather than being forced to study through the riff raff, or trade away what little I do have to field a team.

Plus if those bad teams stay bad, they're likely leaving the diamonds for you to pick later anyways

I find that style of even playing field more fun and fulfilling..apparently I'm in the minority on this one, which is fine, can't win em all :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fail to see the correlation of 'fair play or level playing field' on how waivers are handled. Sorry, just don't see it.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Lefty and I are on the same page. either of these two work for me. I have used FAAB for baseball and it works fine.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see the correlation of 'fair play or level playing field' on how waivers are handled. Sorry, just don't see it.
Well I definitely see it. .and I don't think there's anything wrong with you, or anyone else not seeing it

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I definitely see it. .and I don't think there's anything wrong with you, or anyone else not seeing it

Peace - we can agree to disagree. .... :suds:

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is move to last after claim. So say if you have the #1 spot and their are 12 people in the league if you add a guy you go to claim number 12.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this is what treff tells the ladies. :yes: