• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What in the bloody hell is going on?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are very few offensive minds worse than Bryan Stinespring.....

....Mike O'Cain is one of them

I like the recruiting setup....sort of...as for the coaching change....well I have never been a fan of change for the sake of change and I hope that this is just temporary,a s some have said. I like Stiney back to tackles and tight ends. I don't like O'Cain making calls.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
is this how things are going to work?:

Stinespring will still do the game planning and create plays, Ocain will be in the booth picking plays from a game specific playbook, he will call the play down to stinespring (headset) on the sideline who then either goes with that play or calls his own to be signalled in?

If this is the case i like getting stiney down on the field where he can communicate with the players etc, i also think that stiney is pretty good at designing plays he just never seemed to have a feel for the "flow" of a ballgame so maybe ocain will do better from that angle? I know very little about what Ocain did at other schools, so im a little skeptical of his playcalling.<--FWIW maybe with a 6'6" Qb and a new play caller we will finally see some quick slants and some slot drags. <--- with the quickness we have coming in at WR we should be open for 4- 6 yards across the middle quite often.

I honestly think that having stiney back on the OL will make a big impact. The only question i have is who's philosophy are we going with now? Will we have 300# tackles playing beside 260# guards?

My wishful thinking is that this is just a setup to move newsome out the door. Maybe after next year we will have Stiney back to OL full time, Ocain back @ just QB, and a new OC. I know a lot of people want the fridge but personally i'd like to get another young (under 50) who has coached with some success in another major conf.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of what you say here Hunz. I am hopeful as well that it will work out but I am just a bit tentative. I am also only half thrilled with the new recruiting territories. I really think that I would have liked to see CB in the Maryland/DC area whwere he could flash that Baltimore Ravens super bowl ring. I also am not sure why Shane will be getting moved out of the Carolinas and Georgia. The coaches know more about these relationships than I know though, so who knows. Hopefully they will spot recruit some as well. A lot of the incoming guys this year cited a relationship with their position coaches (especially Wiles and gray) as an important part of their decision. It seems like we are doing that some with O'Cain getting involved with Millwead. I also want a closing crew on both sides of the ball. When it gets close to the bowl games and signing day, and it is the night before the dead period, I want S. Beamer, Wiles, Gray and the position coach in defensive player's living rooms and I want S. Beamer, Stiney and Sherman in the offensive player's living room. We NEED to close better.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
fully agree about beamer and cornell.

Maybe they will do some spot recruiting in the maryland/DC (CB) and beamer can hit GA/SC and NC in spot situations.

i like the idea of having the position coach on kids then being backed up by another coach, hopefully shane/torrian/and cornell can be the closers in some of these areas.

Last edited by a moderator: