• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If Tom Brady Is "Innocent"?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug gottliebs take on cbs was right

kraft and goodell had a deal in place, and goodell welched on it after kraft agreed to fines and pick losses.

goodell literally said "ok, thanks bobby...but go fly a kite" after they had a handshake deal.

thats not good business for anyone. think the other owners dont see that?

Other owners is why this went down the way it did....Goodell works for the owners, not only Bob Kraft, and this decision had so much to do with the pressure from those other owners

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This almost suggests a witch hunt against Tom Brady and the Pats, which just doesn't make sense....When is it good for any league to take down the Golden Boy of that league?

when in every prior case in the last 2-3 years the league has been pantsed?

and now, with the "golden boy" in trouble, in the biggest case the league has ever had to face....cant show any kind of favoritism.
the league is in unprecedented waters here dirt.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think that Brady and the Pat's weren't deflating footballs? C'mon.

I'm sure they were underinflated, but I don't know if it was done after the ref's "check". Do the refs actually check the balls with a gauge before the game, or like Rock mentioned just hand squeeze them. The ref;s handle the ball before every snap and not 1 noticed the difference? I gues 1-2 lbs is so minute that you can't tell by the touch. I know if I pull a football out of the garage to toss, if its low very easily

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one knows, the colts balls were fucked up too.

what people are failing to realize is this is a HUGE issue for the NFL, not the players, not the fans...the NFL. they did this to themselves. they had no set procedures in place for gauging balls, documenting it, and setting standards for later checks.

refs squeeze em, say pass/fail, and go on.

theyre reverse engineering their ball policy, resulting in the news "rules" for ball management...which anyone with 2 eyes can see is the league admitting culpability in this.

people need to remember...the league had NO set standard for checking, fixing, and/or documenting findings on these game balls. free for all base don iffy memories and recollections of aging officials.

The Colts were investigated too...no such paper trail indicating team involvement.

The NFL should have better ball procedures to ensure their standard is met for every game across the league, but that doesn't let a culprit off the hook for taking air out of footballs.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plane Flying over Pats camp today with a Banner that says 'Cheaters Look Up'

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts were investigated too...no such paper trail indicating team involvement.

The NFL should have better ball procedures to ensure their standard is met for every game across the league, but that doesn't let a culprit off the hook for taking air out of footballs.

how did their balls get so weird then?

did you NOT hear about the ball boys with needles up their sleeves?

Patriots: Jags saw Colts ball boys with needles up sleevesComcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Patriots say Colts ball boys once had needles hidden up their sleeves | Larry Brown Sports

this story gets no play...why?

its not bad about the patriots.

this is what i mean. its pathetic.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i didnt say that.

your take is wildly off the path tho.

Have you seen the texts? I'm sure you have. They are clear as day that they were deflating footballs and that Tom was the one directing them to do so. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that point with a straight face.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the texts? I'm sure you have. They are clear as day that they were deflating footballs and that Tom was the one directing them to do so. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that point with a straight face.

Oh Man, ive been preaching this for months

"No, No, they were doing it on their own"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if it turns out that the NFL (Goodell) is wrong and has acted in bad faith, and the federal court finds against it? Most of the posters on NFL message boards are so busy gleefully bashing the Patriots in general and Tom Brady in particular that they haven't considered this outcome. But, it's a real possibility.
So, let's put team loyalties aside and consider the consequences: What happens if the NFL findings and its procedures are overturned?

Put the Michigan pompoms down and learn the basics so you don't have to come on here starting dumbass troll threads and make a damn fool of yourself, man. :L

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
images

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a Michigan fan. He can't help himself. :L

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL has an ironclad case...if you see thru all of the smoke...the charge against Brady...involvement with tampering with game football air pressure resulting in game balls being used with PSI below the legal limit per NFL guidelines. That's the charge.

This truly is a case of guilty until proven innocent...the burden of proof (of innocence) lies with Brady.

Granted, the CBA protects the phone, but the cell phone activity is going to be put on trial and it just points to behavior by somebody with something to hide.

Idk if this will be a jury trial or not, but either way...common sense tends to rule in decisions and that weighs against TB imo. We've all broken phones and replaced them...you don't destroy your old phone...unless there was something on it you did not want brought to light.

The Wells Report was ironclad? That's been picked at more times than one of Thumper's scabs.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock needs to work for the league office

He has all this relevant information that no one has seen

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did their balls get so weird then?

did you NOT hear about the ball boys with needles up their sleeves?

Patriots: Jags saw Colts ball boys with needles up sleevesComcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Patriots say Colts ball boys once had needles hidden up their sleeves | Larry Brown Sports

this story gets no play...why?

1) It was only accusations.
2) It didn't happen during the AFCCG en route to winning the SB.

I've said numerous times, if the Pat's get caught in a regular season game for this, that you would have seen nothing more than a slap on the wrist (50K fine to the organization at most). And there sure as heck wouldn't have been an independent investigator hired to uncover all the details.

But the Patriots got caught cheating in a game to go to the SB. It puts the integrity of the entire season in to question. It demanded a severe punishment so that this kind of crap never happens again....and that is why you have seen unprecedented penalties from this.

Get caught deflating footballs in regular season = an NFL player beating up his wife in 2012. No big deal.
Get caught deflating football during the AFCCG = Ray Rice video.

It is the type of thing that drew everyone's attention and forced the NFL to come down in a more severe manner than we have ever seen before in order to restore the league's reputation

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post the right way

and

way to ignore the story...not that i was expecting more.

also, pssst...these are only accusations vs the patriots. :L:gaah:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if it turns out that the NFL (Goodell) is wrong and has acted in bad faith, and the federal court finds against it? Most of the posters on NFL message boards are so busy gleefully bashing the Patriots in general and Tom Brady in particular that they haven't considered this outcome. But, it's a real possibility.
So, let's put team loyalties aside and consider the consequences: What happens if the NFL findings and its procedures are overturned?

Honestly? I think people are wrapping too much into the idea that winning in court means someone is innocent or guilty.

Some people say because Kraft agreed to the penalties that he is accepting guilt as well. Not so.

And even if Goodell is found to have acted in bad faith it doesn't mean the Patriots didn't break the rules by handling the footballs after the initial inspection.

I think a good case can be made that Goodell was acting in bad faith. I think that's not only been a pattern over the past few years, they been told repeatedly in a real courts that they do.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many other things on his phone besides texts about air pressure that he may not want revealed....possibly even to his own lawyers.

It's too easy to go on a fishing expedition once the phone is in their possession and find other incriminating and embarrassing conversations to use if they had to.

Despite the protest by Wells and the NFL they wouldn't do something like that, I wouldn't trust them. I think they already shown in the past they would use whatever information, accurate or not, to push their case.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, pssst...these are only accusations vs the patriots. :L:gaah:

They are not only accusations against the Patriots. They went thru the NFL justice system and they were found guilty. And as I said before....anyone with half a brain knows the Pat's and Brady were deflating footballs.

You need to wake the hell up and pull your head out from the Patriot's ass. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that what the Pat's did was wrong even if you were a Patriots fan. You can argue that the penalties are too severe but don't act or infer for a second that the Patriots are innocent of deflating footballs. And pointing out that other teams probably did it in the past isn't' a defense either. It's a logical fallacy...Tu quoque. Look it up.

It's called objectivity. You should try it. Being honest won't take away the Pat's SB title and it won't keep Brady out of the HOF. And it most certainly doesn't mean you're not a Pat's fan.