• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What games/stadiums are y’all planning on going to this year?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of being able to walk to the game, drink it up, go to dinner, drink it up, then crash in a hotel room and drive home in the morning. Usually I go to my brother’s for big games because he smokes ribs, chicken, pork butt.
View attachment 184923

If you look closely you will see it’s two layers.
That's partially why I haven't gone. For away games we (brother/dad) typically watch together with food. Plus, I can't imagine what it's like to walk out of an away stadium if your team loses. At least there's some comfort at home knowing most of the people around you are equally miserable.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be at UC Davis @ San Jose State on Aug 30. No other definite plans, but slim chance at UCLA @ Cal later on.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Because some of us waited too long to book flights a few of us are getting there Wed afternoon so we will have time to check out more things. Just took a pic of your suggestions. The cpl friends who live in Texas and have been to Austin don't get there till friday so I will check these out before they get there.
I used to have to go to Austin a couple of times a month for work. I'd ask the valets at the hotels about their favorite places (without driving all over Travis County) and the ones I listed were the ones they mentioned frequently...sans Mexican Food. I could get a lot better Mexican food in El Paso than anywhere else on the planet so I passed on those. I also wanted to shun the "hoidy toidy" places.

I forgot this one. It is pretty close as well.
The Shady Grove

If you go to Hyde Park you gotta try Momma Kim's, Moo Kim's, Woo Kim's pudding...or something Kim's. That shit is addictive and has got to be a sin.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have to go to Austin a couple of times a month for work. I'd ask the valets at the hotels about their favorite places (without driving all over Travis County) and the ones I listed were the ones they mentioned frequently...sans Mexican Food. I could get a lot better Mexican food in El Paso than anywhere else on the planet so I passed on those. I also wanted to shun the "hoidy toidy" places.

The Shady Grove

If you go to Hyde Park you gotta try Momma Kim's, Moo Kim's, Woo Kim's pudding...or something Kim's. That shit is addictive and has got to be a sin.
Taco Bueno's get the job done for me. Wish they would branch out of OK and TX

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never, ever, find an excuse to not drink beer on a football Saturday.
I know what he means. A few beers on top of that frickin' desert heat puts you out more than anything.

Need iced drinks....maragritas, vodka tonics, etc.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Shady Grove

Woo Kims pudding sounds like something you get at Korean whore house.LOL. Thanks for the tips.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taco Bueno's get the job done for me. Wish they would branch out of OK and TX
Nah...the old dives when the abuelas are cooking in the back.

This was my favorite Mexican food dive in EP. Kiki's Mexican Restaurant, El Paso, Texas

Nearly every soldier at Fort Bliss knows about it.

It is also the restaurant when that frickin' AD from Texas A&M met with Billy Gillespie....before he jumped in the bottle too far.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already bought tix for the TN-UF game, so I'll be there for sure. Tennessee plays here at @ Vandy this season, so should be able to make that one as well. Hopefully can catch the MTSU @ Vandy game as well.

I work 3rd shift so don't get to go to as many games as I used to.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely going to try to make either the Army vs OU or UCLA vs OU games if not both. Probably depends on what’s going on so those may be game time decisions. Other than that, probably none. I will be in Dallas the week of the RRSO and would love to go but my ride won’t be staying so I probably won’t be either.

Hey Romeo you can catch a ride back from Dallas with me brother if you want.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to go to Jerryworld and see Ohio State and TCU play. But my wife is in a wheelchair and it's almost impossible to get in. I can't leave her.

Destined to be another season of watching on tv.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the Clemson @ Wake game otherwise I'll probably do a hone game with my son which is usually a Furman or Ga. Southern type game. I'm not ready to subject him to the shit show that comes with the big games yet.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last few years, I go on a football trip, with a few guys I work with. We've been to Notre Dame, they went to UM (my brother-in-law was getting married), Penn State, Kentucky and Michigan State. This year, we are finally doing an OSU game. Granted, its against Rutgers, but still should be a good time.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a great slate of games but planning on going to Tulsa (Tulsa-Central Arkansas), Fayetteville (Arkansas-Vanderbilt) and Little Rock (Arkansas-Ole Miss) this year.

At least I won’t get to see us massacred by Alabama in person.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND @ Northwestern

And it’s down to Pitt, FSU or Stanford for the one home game. Not sure which one yet because it involves travel to get a there

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...the old dives when the abuelas are cooking in the back.

This was my favorite Mexican food dive in EP. Kiki's Mexican Restaurant, El Paso, Texas

Nearly every soldier at Fort Bliss knows about it.

It is also the restaurant when that frickin' AD from Texas A&M met with Billy Gillespie....before he jumped in the bottle too far.

My son just came home last month after 4 years at Bliss. He ate Mexican food for the first time since coming home Monday night at a birthday dinner for his cousin. He said "It wasn't KiKi's" LOL

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son just came home last month after 4 years at Bliss. He ate Mexican food for the first time since coming home Monday night at a birthday dinner for his cousin. He said "It wasn't KiKi's" LOL
He knows good Mexican food then!