• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What games/stadiums are y’all planning on going to this year?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m getting pretty excited for this season to start. It’s been a long summer. For the last 10 years or so I’ve been too busy to go to any of my teams home games but with my new job and all the kids growing up and leaving, my weekends have opened up quite a bit so I’m planning on attending a couple of games

I normally go to the A&M v Arkansas game because it’s close to home. We’ve lost every time I went and my friends have dubbed me “the jinx” and have barred me from jerryworld. But fuck ‘em. I’m going this year.

I bought tickets for the LSU game. Figured that it would be better to get them now before the ticket prices go up 500%. That should be one hell of a good atmosphere.

I wanted to go to the Clemson game but my second grandchild is slated to be born that week so my wife said no way.

This year:
A&M v Arky
LSU @ A&M

What games are y’all going to this year?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a big year as I went to Columbus, Dallas, Stillwater, and Dallas again for Big 12 title game. This year most big games are at home. Probably right now only go to Dallas for Texas game and Fort Worth for Tcu and then Big 12 title game. Already planning my trip to Ucla for next year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the ones where Michigan is at home.

With that said, I keep meaning to try and get out to Lansing for a UM/MSU game. I've never actually attended a road game, which is silly because there's probably 2-3 B10 stadiums + ND within a 3 hour drive.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't paying the crazy ass money these sumbitches want. And I ain't going to any of those 100,000+ stadiums. You idiots can have those opulent suckers. I'll take those smaller opulent ones.

Anyhoo, I've been invited to games in:

Lubbock - Texas Tech/Houston (if it ain't 100 frickin' degrees)
Fort Worth - TCU/Texas Tech (Daughter lives in FW and her boss bought several tickets. Red Fader alum)
Waco - Baylor/Okie Lite (Brother in law is springing for these...which means he wants something.)

Aggie neighbor invited several of us to go on an old man weekend to BCS and play golf a couple of days on the way down. They play Louisiana Monroe. I wouldn't got to that big ass stadium if he'd have offerred up the Clemson game....much less frickin' ULM. They are one step above my Miners. I'm going for the golf though.

Really looking forward to seeing Baylor's new stadium...even if I have to go with my prick brother in law. I've heard it is very nice.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that said, I keep meaning to try and get out to Lansing for a UM/MSU game. I've never actually attended a road game, which is silly because there's probably 2-3 B10 stadiums + ND within a 3 hour drive.
Last I checked there were lower bowl tickets for about $150 a pop, but no hotel rooms in East Lansing, have to go to the west side of Lansing or southern part of Okemos, and at that point, just drive back home.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only game I plan on going to in person is if Ohio State makes the B1G Title Game in Indy. Otherwise, I've been to over 100 home games in my life. I just poured a new patio/fire pit this spring, and I have a perfectly functioning grill and smoker. I'd rather spend the $100+ on brisket/ribs/wings/steaks and beers and be able to shit in the privacy of my home.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Austin Tejas for the USC game. Going with a group of seven (so far). Going to most if not all the home games.
I wasn't trying to start every sentence with "going" but not motivated enough to change anything.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only game I plan on going to in person is if Ohio State makes the B1G Title Game in Indy. Otherwise, I've been to over 100 home games in my life. I just poured a new patio/fire pit this spring, and I have a perfectly functioning grill and smoker. I'd rather spend the $100+ on brisket/ribs/wings/steaks and beers and be able to shit in the privacy of my home.

You had me going with the food and then you had to add the shitting part. Fker
:gaah::suds:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked there were lower bowl tickets for about $150 a pop, but no hotel rooms in East Lansing, have to go to the west side of Lansing or southern part of Okemos, and at that point, just drive back home.
We drive up there for my wife's family all the time. So I would probably just drive in, park, watch the game and then go home after. I just haven't ever committed to going.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We drive up there for my wife's family all the time. So I would probably just drive in, park, watch the game and then go home after. I just haven't ever committed to going.
I like the idea of being able to walk to the game, drink it up, go to dinner, drink it up, then crash in a hotel room and drive home in the morning. Usually I go to my brother’s for big games because he smokes ribs, chicken, pork butt.
B3605391-E52B-4458-AC31-E2551AD5BE5C.jpeg

If you look closely you will see it’s two layers.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri's homecoming.
Some dartboard game for Northwestern.
Possibly Purdue for Mizzou/Purdue.

Not entirely sure what to expect out of West Lafayette.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's worth a $100 right there.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Austin Tejas for the USC game. Going with a group of seven (so far). Going to most if not all the home games.
I wasn't trying to start every sentence with "going" but not motivated enough to change anything.
If you want to experience some tradition/nostalgia, go have a beer and/or meal at: http:
Scholz Garten

And if you want some off the beaten path and less well known places to eat, these are some of our favorites.

Eastside Cafe
Home - Hyde Park Bar & Grill
About
www.hooverscooking.com

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to experience some tradition/nostalgia, go have a beer and/or meal at: http:
Scholz Garten

And if you want some off the beaten path and less well known places to eat, these are some of our favorites.

Eastside Cafe
Home - Hyde Park Bar & Grill
About
www.hooverscooking.com

Thanks! Because some of us waited too long to book flights a few of us are getting there Wed afternoon so we will have time to check out more things. Just took a pic of your suggestions. The cpl friends who live in Texas and have been to Austin don't get there till friday so I will check these out before they get there.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've missed the best part of college football...meeting other
fans on their turf. Seeing their traditions play out in front of you.

I go to very few games anymore. Too old for that stuff...but in the
day, I'd go to all the home games and 2 or 3 away games per
year. A home game for me was a 4-hour drive, one-way.
When business moved me to Kentucky a home game was a
9-hour drive, so I didn't get in many home games, but I would
make one or two. BUT I was closer to my first love...the away
game.

One trip I've always remembered was a 30minute stop for gas
and food in Athens, Tennessee. It was a big shell station right
off of I-75. 12 pumps, something like that.

We were on our way to the FSU-Ga Tech game in Atlanta.
When we pulled into the pumps there were UT and Bama fans
fueling. (Bama-UT were playing that day). There was also a
couple that were South Carolina fans that lived in Tenn, that were
going to the Vandy game in Nashville. A couple of UGA fans
that lived in Tenn that were headed for a Georgia Night game
and two couples, in the same vehicle, headed to watch UTC play
somebody.

We all pulled up and talked together for a good 20 minutes.
Extremely enjoyable. Talked about the games, the teams, each
other. Never had seen any of them before, nor have I seen any
of them since...but for 20 minutes all of us talked like we had
known each other all of our lives. That's how I've always
defined CFB.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to get to OSU games right now. TCU is probably too far of a drive after I had a cross country trip this summer.

I will definitely get out to see ASU play Sparty on the 8th, OSU is playing Rutgers 7 hours earlier that day.
Stanford, Utah, and UCLA all come to town, so maybe I can catch a few of those. I know Stanford is on a Thursday.

And speaking of smokers, I've been mastering wings and brisket for the upcoming season. Just sucks grilling in 115 degrees. Beer is more likely to put me down than refresh me at that point.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a big year as I went to Columbus, Dallas, Stillwater, and Dallas again for Big 12 title game. This year most big games are at home. Probably right now only go to Dallas for Texas game and Fort Worth for Tcu and then Big 12 title game. Already planning my trip to Ucla for next year.
Glad you could make it to the shoe, it's a spectacle

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely going to try to make either the Army vs OU or UCLA vs OU games if not both. Probably depends on what’s going on so those may be game time decisions. Other than that, probably none. I will be in Dallas the week of the RRSO and would love to go but my ride won’t be staying so I probably won’t be either.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to get to OSU games right now. TCU is probably too far of a drive after I had a cross country trip this summer.

I will definitely get out to see ASU play Sparty on the 8th, OSU is playing Rutgers 7 hours earlier that day.
Stanford, Utah, and UCLA all come to town, so maybe I can catch a few of those. I know Stanford is on a Thursday.

And speaking of smokers, I've been mastering wings and brisket for the upcoming season. Just sucks grilling in 115 degrees. Beer is more likely to put me down than refresh me at that point.

Never, ever, find an excuse to not drink beer on a football Saturday.