• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does the last few weeks look like to you?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to add to this, we control out own destiny so that too makes me happy. Nothing is worse than going into the end of the season having to hope that another team loses or that the cards fall right for you to make it. It is clear cut...win specific games and you are in.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of things I like for the rest of the season.........

First off short week... I don't have to listen to that much crying before the next game about how scared we should be like I did with the Giants and their "hot streak" against backup QBs and their ability to shut down the run.
I didn't see where they stopped are run yesterday. 17 total carries over 100 yards on the ground and both backs averaged over 6 a carry and both Rbs played a role in the passing game.

we are finally controlling our home field 4-1 at home this year.
3 of the final 5 are at home.
Going to Chicago in the cold wind is gonna be our toughest challenge I think.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason to get excited about the cowboys. I see an 8 and 8 team that plays down to the level of the bad teams. I think it will take 10 wins to take this division. Cutler and rodgers have our number. I hope they are still out or we are screwed.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason to get excited about the cowboys. I see an 8 and 8 team that plays down to the level of the bad teams. I think it will take 10 wins to take this division. Cutler and rodgers have our number. I hope they are still out or we are screwed.

someone had to cry about something the day after a division win :L

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they have one more division win and a win against someone else left in them too. I really can't see them winning more than 3 of these last 5. They have too many issues, and they've failed to rise to the occasion too many times to give them the benefit of the doubt.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wellbutrin is doing wonders.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could lose those two games against Cutler and Rodgers and still get in, as long as we win the 2 division games and beat the Raiders. I really don't think Philly will win all their next 4.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see the NFCE playing out? Looks like it is down to Dallas and Philly. I'm hoping to roll into week 17 with Dallas already having the East wrapped up.

Philly:
AZ (L)
DET (L)
@Minny (W)
Chicago (W)
@Dallas (L)

Dallas:
OAK (W)
@Chicago (W)
GB (L)
@Wash (W)
Philly (W)

I honestly didn't plan on homer-ing up the thread, but as the teams stand right now I don't see a lot of things that scare me about the schedule. Of course it is a week to week game and injuries could happen to change that outlook. But if Cutler is still out then CHI isn't scary at all. I'm going to assume Rodgers is back and near 100%, so putting the L down there. OAK hopefully is a win, but they have a running game now that could be an issue. Washington is a toss up but I'm a Dallas fan so the 50/50 split leans in our favor. If all of that holds up we will have the East wrapped by week 17, just the way I want.

Dallas with a 10-6 record would be better than I predicted, I was thinking 9-7. Philly would end up at 8-8. It looks like all we will need to do is beat Wash and be tied with Philly going into the game and we hold the tie breaker for division.

Not sure how far we could go in the playoffs, but just getting there will meet my expectation for this team. Hoping for more, expecting just a playoff game.
I can see your predictions coming true. However I think the way the east upsets the east for as long as I can remember. I would be surprised we sweep the division. Think we might lose one of the final two games. Not because we should lose it or cant win it, but simply because the East loves to upset the east in crunch time. But I have been saying all along. 9-7 will win this division. so 5-1 would still give us the tie breaker with the eagles even if we lost to the eagles. (assuming both teams were 9-7)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is both the offense and defense were both ready to go yesterday. No it wasnt beautiful by any means and we had some bad plays both ways but that was a huge win regardless of the Giants record. They had to win so we got their best shot. We signed a CB today that I have been wanting all year. I hope he is in shape . I dont want to see Webb again. Sometimes you just have to say you blew a pick. Moore isnt great but he is serviceable and a better option than what we had. Its gonna be a fun 5 weeks.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is both the offense and defense were both ready to go yesterday. No it wasnt beautiful by any means and we had some bad plays both ways but that was a huge win regardless of the Giants record. They had to win so we got their best shot. We signed a CB today that I have been wanting all year. I hope he is in shape . I dont want to see Webb again. Sometimes you just have to say you blew a pick. Moore isnt great but he is serviceable and a better option than what we had. Its gonna be a fun 5 weeks.
who is our new CB?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have made the team out of camp. The only reason he didnt was because of Webb being a draft pick.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one special ....

we resigned Moore

another man coverage corner ..... blahhhhhh
oh.
Well someone let me know when we get a press coverage Corner that is allowed to play man to man. We need to get out of Zone coverage corners.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh.
Well someone let me know when we get a press coverage Corner that is allowed to play man to man. We need to get out of Zone coverage corners.

our problem is we went out and got man corners to run Ryan's defense .......

Then want them to switch to zone guys ....

they dont fit what we are trying to do ....

I really hope we bring Zimmer back ....... He can work with whatever he is handed

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our problem is we went out and got man corners to run Ryan's defense .......

Then want them to switch to zone guys ....

they dont fit what we are trying to do ....

I really hope we bring Zimmer back ....... He can work with whatever he is handed
yeah Zimmer is a magician we less than probowl talent.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh.

It's almost December. I'm not going to nitpick the type of corner we get when we are decimated by injury on defense. Thank God we brought Moore back. Anything to keep Webb on the sideline as much as possible. We should have brought him back weeks ago. Plus, we played a lot more man this week than we have been and the corners stepped up and did their job. I think we will see a lot of man from here on out. I just hope Moore is in Football shape.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see the NFCE playing out? Looks like it is down to Dallas and Philly. I'm hoping to roll into week 17 with Dallas already having the East wrapped up.

Philly:
AZ (L)
DET (L)
@Minny (W)
Chicago (W)
@Dallas (L)

Dallas:
OAK (W)
@Chicago (W)
GB (L)
@Wash (W)
Philly (W)

I honestly didn't plan on homer-ing up the thread, but as the teams stand right now I don't see a lot of things that scare me about the schedule. Of course it is a week to week game and injuries could happen to change that outlook. But if Cutler is still out then CHI isn't scary at all. I'm going to assume Rodgers is back and near 100%, so putting the L down there. OAK hopefully is a win, but they have a running game now that could be an issue. Washington is a toss up but I'm a Dallas fan so the 50/50 split leans in our favor. If all of that holds up we will have the East wrapped by week 17, just the way I want.

Dallas with a 10-6 record would be better than I predicted, I was thinking 9-7. Philly would end up at 8-8. It looks like all we will need to do is beat Wash and be tied with Philly going into the game and we hold the tie breaker for division.

Not sure how far we could go in the playoffs, but just getting there will meet my expectation for this team. Hoping for more, expecting just a playoff game.

That we are no closer to beating New Orleans, Seattle, S.F. come playoff time.