• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does the last few weeks look like to you?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see the NFCE playing out? Looks like it is down to Dallas and Philly. I'm hoping to roll into week 17 with Dallas already having the East wrapped up.

Philly:
AZ (L)
DET (L)
@Minny (W)
Chicago (W)
@Dallas (L)

Dallas:
OAK (W)
@Chicago (W)
GB (L)
@Wash (W)
Philly (W)

I honestly didn't plan on homer-ing up the thread, but as the teams stand right now I don't see a lot of things that scare me about the schedule. Of course it is a week to week game and injuries could happen to change that outlook. But if Cutler is still out then CHI isn't scary at all. I'm going to assume Rodgers is back and near 100%, so putting the L down there. OAK hopefully is a win, but they have a running game now that could be an issue. Washington is a toss up but I'm a Dallas fan so the 50/50 split leans in our favor. If all of that holds up we will have the East wrapped by week 17, just the way I want.

Dallas with a 10-6 record would be better than I predicted, I was thinking 9-7. Philly would end up at 8-8. It looks like all we will need to do is beat Wash and be tied with Philly going into the game and we hold the tie breaker for division.

Not sure how far we could go in the playoffs, but just getting there will meet my expectation for this team. Hoping for more, expecting just a playoff game.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that scares me about the schedule is the Dallas Cowboys.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like both teams could end up 9-7. If Dallas can get this outcome by splitting the final two games Dallas wins the east. I have to say though, looks like were in for a few nail biters down the stretch. I just hope we don't HAVE to win that final game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that scares me about the schedule is the Dallas Cowboys.

LOL...that's a pretty good way to put it.
I think if we beat Oak and the two NFC East teams the division will be ours.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...that's a pretty good way to put it.
I think if we beat Oak and the two NFC East teams the division will be ours.

This with one more win will clinch the East. IMO there is not a team on Philly's schedule they (CAN'T) beat. In no way am I predicting Philly has a cake walk the rest of the way. Just saying that if Philly only loses to Dallas and Dallas loses to Chi and GB, Philly wins the East.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see the NFCE playing out? Looks like it is down to Dallas and Philly. I'm hoping to roll into week 17 with Dallas already having the East wrapped up.

Philly:
AZ (L)
DET (L)
@Minny (W)
Chicago (W)
@Dallas (L)

Dallas:
OAK (W)
@Chicago (W)
GB (L)
@Wash (W)
Philly (W)

I honestly didn't plan on homer-ing up the thread, but as the teams stand right now I don't see a lot of things that scare me about the schedule. Of course it is a week to week game and injuries could happen to change that outlook. But if Cutler is still out then CHI isn't scary at all. I'm going to assume Rodgers is back and near 100%, so putting the L down there. OAK hopefully is a win, but they have a running game now that could be an issue. Washington is a toss up but I'm a Dallas fan so the 50/50 split leans in our favor. If all of that holds up we will have the East wrapped by week 17, just the way I want.

Dallas with a 10-6 record would be better than I predicted, I was thinking 9-7. Philly would end up at 8-8. It looks like all we will need to do is beat Wash and be tied with Philly going into the game and we hold the tie breaker for division.

Not sure how far we could go in the playoffs, but just getting there will meet my expectation for this team. Hoping for more, expecting just a playoff game.

If the Cowboys go 4 and 1 the rest of the way, I will be surprised. Every week from now on is a big game, and this Oakland team is no push over. They do have a decent running game, they are 5th in the NFL averaging over 140 yards per game. The Giants ran all over Dallas last night, and it was ugly. This is a short week after an emotional win. IMO this could be a trap game. Dallas needs to jump out early and build a big lead to take Oakland out of its running game. Then the Cowboys travel to Chicago and it will be cold, this is no give me game either. Marshall and Forte will be a tough test for this horrible defense. Then we get Green Bay more than likely with Rodgers. If Rodgers can't play, then I like our chances. The Redskins are in turmoil, but always play Dallas tough at home. Then we close with another divisional game against a very much improved Eagle team. Lets face it, our defense isn't good enough IMO to win 4 out of 5. True they made the plays last night when they had to, but that was an ugly win against a weak team. I hope you are right, but I will believe it when I see it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cowboys go 4 and 1 the rest of the way, I will be surprised. Every week from now on is a big game, and this Oakland team is no push over. They do have a decent running game, they are 5th in the NFL averaging over 140 yards per game. The Giants ran all over Dallas last night, and it was ugly. This is a short week after an emotional win. IMO this could be a trap game. Dallas needs to jump out early and build a big lead to take Oakland out of its running game. Then the Cowboys travel to Chicago and it will be cold, this is no give me game either. Marshall and Forte will be a tough test for this horrible defense. Then we get Green Bay more than likely with Rodgers. If Rodgers can't play, then I like our chances. The Redskins are in turmoil, but always play Dallas tough at home. Then we close with another divisional game against a very much improved Eagle team. Lets face it, our defense isn't good enough IMO to win 4 out of 5. True they made the plays last night when they had to, but that was an ugly win against a weak team. I hope you are right, but I will believe it when I see it.

With any luck Sean Lee will be back for the Oakland game which should help the defense. God knows we will need all the help we can get.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With any luck Sean Lee will be back for the Oakland game which should help the defense. God knows we will need all the help we can get.

I'm not looking pass them but it's home against Oakland. ...there is another game in our near future that will get us into the playoffs, that when you bring him back.

It's a hamstring ....you can re injure it in a heartbeat.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This with one more win will clinch the East. IMO there is not a team on Philly's schedule they (CAN'T) beat. In no way am I predicting Philly has a cake walk the rest of the way. Just saying that if Philly only loses to Dallas and Dallas loses to Chi and GB, Philly wins the East.

Your Math is correct and I stick with my prediction. If we win those 3 games I think we take the division.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be very surprised, but the whispers seem to say he might be back. Totally agree with you that IF Lee is back the defense in general and run defense in particular gets much better immediately. There were plays yesterday that Lee often makes that weren't made. I thought Simms did well, but on a lot of the plays he got sealed inside where we've seen Lee still make the play or at least get a little closer to the area.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt very seriously that Lee will be back Thursday. I would be surprised if he makes it back for the Chicago game.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel like we have a shot. Thats good enough for now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't in the spot of the Giants or Skins, looking at draft picks, so I'm happy.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now were in the hunt for the playoffs and not a top 10 draft pick

I like our chances of getting in but it is not going to be pretty or easy