• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you think?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys, it's time for my annual "What do you guys think" keeper league question, it's just on a different (and better) board this year. You can ask Will or TREFF and they will tell you I don't listen for shit and usually just do what I originally planned. However, one year Will did talk me out of keeping a player and it worked out well, so Imma throw this out there, Plus, lots of new guys and new opinions. Anyway, here is the deal:
12 team non-PPR non snaking draft. Starting requirements (and this is key in my stratagy as it sits right now) are 1QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex(RB/WR/TE)1TE,D and K. We all have to keep 1 and have the option to keep 2. My keepers this year are Arian Foster and Doug Martin. My first pick would be #30 after keepers and the supplimental draft. Anyway, here are the guys being kept:

Matt Forte and Peyton Manning
Calvin Johnson and C.J. Spiller
A.J. Green and Steven Jackson(dammit)
Arian Foster and Doug Martin
Brandon Marshal
CJ1.2K
Marshawn Lynch and Julio Jones
Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles and TRich
Drew Brees (and maybe Gore or DMC)
Shady (and maybe Andre Johnson)
Ray Rice and Alfred Morris

So I've been looking at this and to be honest the only WR's that I would grab at #30 would e either Dez,DThomas or Andre and I have no doubt neither will be there. If they are then my stratagy will change (no biggie, we should all be able to change on the fly) and I'd just adjust. Anyway, as I look at my rankings and such, I can see me grabbing RB's in the first 5 rounds! The WR's from rounds 3-5 just don't seem that much better than the WR's I could grab later. So I'm looking to draft either DMC, Murray or Gore (if not kept) at #30 and take Bernard, Lacy, Miller or even Wilson if he falls to me in the 5th. So do you all think that is a sound stratagy? My WR's would look like poop on paper but being able to start 4 RB's this may make sense.
Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys, it's time for my annual "What do you guys think" keeper league question, it's just on a different (and better) board this year. You can ask Will or TREFF and they will tell you I don't listen for shit and usually just do what I originally planned. However, one year Will did talk me out of keeping a player and it worked out well, so Imma throw this out there, Plus, lots of new guys and new opinions. Anyway, here is the deal:
12 team non-PPR non snaking draft. Starting requirements (and this is key in my stratagy as it sits right now) are 1QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex(RB/WR/TE)1TE,D and K. We all have to keep 1 and have the option to keep 2. My keepers this year are Arian Foster and Doug Martin. My first pick would be #30 after keepers and the supplimental draft. Anyway, here are the guys being kept:

Matt Forte and Peyton Manning
Calvin Johnson and C.J. Spiller
A.J. Green and Steven Jackson(dammit)
Arian Foster and Doug Martin
Brandon Marshal
CJ1.2K
Marshawn Lynch and Julio Jones
Adrian Peterson
Jamaal Charles and TRich
Drew Brees (and maybe Gore or DMC)
Shady (and maybe Andre Johnson)
Ray Rice and Alfred Morris

So I've been looking at this and to be honest the only WR's that I would grab at #30 would e either Dez,DThomas or Andre and I have no doubt neither will be there. If they are then my stratagy will change (no biggie, we should all be able to change on the fly) and I'd just adjust. Anyway, as I look at my rankings and such, I can see me grabbing RB's in the first 5 rounds! The WR's from rounds 3-5 just don't seem that much better than the WR's I could grab later. So I'm looking to draft either DMC, Murray or Gore (if not kept) at #30 and take Bernard, Lacy, Miller or even Wilson if he falls to me in the 5th. So do you all think that is a sound stratagy? My WR's would look like poop on paper but being able to start 4 RB's this may make sense.
Thoughts?

Is it 30 no matter what?? or do you mean 6th?? You are set wit 2 elite RBs, but it sounds like your strategy is just to take the best player available(in your opinion)... so i dont know how to even advise you...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna assume with great certainty that Graham won't be there for you, but is there an option to trade up? Pairing him with those 2 RBs would be beastly.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sammy,
IMHO, you MUST start 2 RB's, you MUST start 2 WR's..so since you already have the 2 must starts at RB, my advice would be to strongly consider the best WR's available in 2 of the first three picks. Even though your thinking the the WR's in rds 3-5 aren't much different than those in 6-9..I think you'll find the the RB's won't be much of a different story.
If you go RB heavy, sure you'll have 3, maybe even 4, really good RB's, but both your every week WR's are going to be substandard.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really argue with that approach for your league. If Cobb were somehow there when it came to Lacy I'd probably spaz a little on it, though.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the replies guys...........I know I'm already starting out with 2 of the top 5 guys IMO but when I get to my pick in my head I would much rather have Gore/Murray/DMC than Victor Cruz or VJax. Then when it gets back to me in the 4th (#43) Cruz, VJax and the rest of that tier will probably be gone. I wish I could move up a bit and I did try to trade Foster for a stud and a pick but nobody was biting so yeah, I'm stuck drafting 6th. Now, if Dez, Thomas or AJ drop to me I will have a decision to make and like TREFF said I do have to start 2 WR's............this might end up as one of the funkiest drafts of all time.................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna assume with great certainty that Graham won't be there for you, but is there an option to trade up? Pairing him with those 2 RBs would be beastly.

Nah, doubt Graham will be there but then again who knows................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe shit! I make this long ass post and leave out a pretty important tid bit............scoring is not standard. Passing TD's worth 2 pts and 1 bonus point per every 10 yards of distance; rushing/receiving TD's are 3 pts with 2 pt bonus for every yard of distance.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe shit! I make this long ass post and leave out a pretty important tid bit............scoring is not standard. Passing TD's worth 2 pts and 1 bonus point per every 10 yards of distance; rushing/receiving TD's are 3 pts with 2 pt bonus for every yard of distance.

That puts a little emphasis on players that score from further than ten yards out..and adds to my belief that you should have a couple above average WR'S. Seems like most of the big play backs are going to be kept anyways.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rushing/receiving TD's are 3 pts with 2 pt bonus for every yard of distance.

So a 90 yard rush/receiving TD would be worth 183 points??

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rushing/receiving TD's are 3 pts with 2 pt bonus for every yard of distance.

So a 90 yard rush/receiving TD would be worth 183 points??
Id be willing to bet Sam forgot the "10" in front of yard(s). That 90 yd td is surely "only" 21pts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be willing to bet Sam forgot the "10" in front of yard(s). That 90 yd td is surely "only" 21pts

I hope so... although what is more fun than winning a league because one player had an insane TD run/catch...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That puts a little emphasis on players that score from further than ten yards out..and adds to my belief that you should have a couple above average WR'S. Seems like most of the big play backs are going to be kept anyways.

Funny thing is our scoring and standard scoring usually even out throughout the course of the year, but yeah, that Martin game against the Raiders last year was pretty cool.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so... although what is more fun than winning a league because one player had an insane TD run/catch...

My own league is roughly similar though..TD'S are awarded 5 pts for every 10yds..up to a max of 30pts for anything 61 or longer..it does add a real element of suspense..you can be way down and still have a shot, long as you have a guy left! Of course, it's easy to get yer ass kicked to though!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is our scoring and standard scoring usually even out throughout the course of the year, but yeah, that Martin game against the Raiders last year was pretty cool.
Well since it applies to all players, yea it should. About the only main difference would be guys that are TD vultures (BJGE) wouldn't be quite the option the they are normally.
That crazy scoring in mine? The end of year pkayer rankings are generally in line with standard rankings..with a few glaring exceptions
Still think you need a strong receiver duo, whether that's after RB3 or before is up for debate. But surely before RB4 I would think.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since it applies to all players, yea it should. About the only main difference would be guys that are TD vultures (BJGE) wouldn't be quite the option the they are normally.
That crazy scoring in mine? The end of year pkayer rankings are generally in line with standard rankings..with a few glaring exceptions
Still think you need a strong receiver duo, whether that's after RB3 or before is up for debate. But surely before RB4 I would think.
That is usually how I draft this league but IMO a starting 4 of say, Foster,Martin and 2 of the RB's I mentioned above would score more points than Foster, Martin, VJax and Nicks. Funny thing is it probably won't play this way.................BTW, I'm targeting Kaps in the 5th..................lmao! Shit I may not have a freaking receiver. Either way I should win some games with that 1-2 punch.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam... thinking more about this, you want to protect your must-start RB position, so a best-available third RB as your first pick in the "third" round is important. After that it doesn't matter much how steep the drop-off is for RBs versus WRs, because you don't need any more RBs. If there's a WR you think will score more than whatever RB in the fourth, take the WR. Even more so if you're bound and determined to take Tate at some point. You can start 4 RBs, but you can also start 4 WRs. No reason to let other people have better flex players than you because you're locked in on RBs.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam... thinking more about this, you want to protect your must-start RB position, so a best-available third RB as your first pick in the "third" round is important. After that it doesn't matter much how steep the drop-off is for RBs versus WRs, because you don't need any more RBs. If there's a WR you think will score more than whatever RB in the fourth, take the WR. Even more so if you're bound and determined to take Tate at some point. You can start 4 RBs, but you can also start 4 WRs. No reason to let other people have better flex players than you because you're locked in on RBs.

That's just it: I plan on taking the best value in every round I can..........just happens to be I think they will be RB's.............what will probably happen is I'll have a choice between Cruz/VJax or Murray/Gore/DMC/ in the third and Nicks/Wallace/Jordy in the 4th vs. Lacy/Bernard/Miller/Wilson..........and yes, the old Ben Tate pick will probably have to happen but with Foster claiming his "Anti-Anti-Awesomeness"this year I might be able to wait until the 8th for him. God I love this game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it: I plan on taking the best value in every round I can..........just happens to be I think they will be RB's.............what will probably happen is I'll have a choice between Cruz/VJax or Murray/Gore/DMC/ in the third and Nicks/Wallace/Jordy in the 4th vs. Lacy/Bernard/Miller/Wilson..........and yes, the old Ben Tate pick will probably have to happen but with Foster claiming his "Anti-Anti-Awesomeness"this year I might be able to wait until the 8th for him. God I love this game.

If I were faced with that scenario in your league, and I felt really good about the potential of that second scenario happening later..I'd grab VJAX (talk about potential for the big bonus points!) and then Bernard.