• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you make of UCLA?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why doesn't Oregon schedule them or any other east coast opponent for that matter?

Thinks he made a point because UCLA scheduled UVA,

But Oregon scheduled and skull drug UVA just last season

:pound:

Casual fan gonna casual

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon schedules plenty of quality ooc.

The problem is teams like UGA and KSU backing out of home and homes.

Future opponents include Ohio, aTm, Nebraska.

Next year @ MSU.

Do some homework kid

Also, the score I posted was the score from when Oregon DID go to UVA and that was the score last season.

Do you even cfb bro?

I think KSU saw an opportunity to play a marquee program, so they dumped the Ducks and picked up Auburn

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be totally frank about UCLA this season. There was too much hype about Hundley being a Heisman trophy candidate and an outside chance at making one of the four slots for the playoffs. Making the Bruins a preseason 7 in the rankings was not well thought out at all by the posters.

We've stumbled through three games and have dropped from 7th to 12th and stand at 3 - 0 because we have played just well enuf to beat our opponents.

Last season we finished the year with a bowl win and were 10-3 with a season ending 17 ranking. With Brett Hundley coming back for his final year , perhaps expectations were much higher than what this team could deliver. With 9 conference games left to go I think going 6-3 or 5-4 is just about right for this current Bruin team.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've gone down every week in my poll. Believe it or not I had them as high as number 5 and now it's down to 14. Still undefeated, but they haven't really played a good team.

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've gone down every week in my poll. Believe it or not I had them as high as number 5 and now it's down to 14. Still undefeated, but they haven't really played a good team.

That will change starting next week as the Bruins travel to Tempe to play the 15th ranked Sun Devils. And speaking of high rated teams that haven't fielded any quality opponents, what about that team from South Bend currently ranked 9th for some odd reason ? :pound:

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the status of Hundley?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will change starting next week as the Bruins travel to Tempe to play the 15th ranked Sun Devils. And speaking of high rated teams that haven't fielded any quality opponents, what about that team from South Bend currently ranked 9th for some odd reason ? :pound:

If the bruins roll into Tempe the way theyve done in all their other games this year, they are going to get roflstomped.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the people that bought into the UCLA hype this season, but so far I'm like :wtf2:

Better pack a lunch and bring your A game.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are still a top 10 team. got a bum rap for Virginia game. road games 3000 miles away other schools wont schedule. I think they will be undefeated going into Oregon game

GMAB, I don't care if UCLA traveled 10K miles, it was UVA. Don't make that squeaker out to be anymore than what it was: UCLA barely escaping a shitty UVA team. Oregon slapped UVA around like a rag doll last year. UCLA is just very overrated. Not a top 15 team IMO......

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four weeks and we see if the Duck D can hold Hundley's jock.

you just better hope he isn't using his jock to hold together his broken elbone

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did beat Michigan and rather convincingly. They haven't played badly yet. Time will tell.

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bruins roll into Tempe the way they've done in all their other games this year, they are going to get roflstomped.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the people that bought into the UCLA hype this season, but so far I'm like :wtf2:

Better pack a lunch and bring your A game.

Agreed. For some reason playing on Thursday nights has been our nemesis over the years. We may get a " bone " thrown our way if the Sun Devil QB Taylor Kelly is unavailable next Thursday. Don't know if you saw that game against Texas, but Jerry Neuheisel had a pretty good outing for a back up QB. Still, the Sun Devils should be a 5-7 point favorite in the upcoming game. If Mora can't prepare a good game plan in a week and a half, then he's got issues.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jerry looked fine. Was fun watching his pops get excited about it. :suds:

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did beat Michigan and rather convincingly. They haven't played badly yet. Time will tell.

Looking at the whole picture we find that :

A: Michigan was on the road playing in South Bend.
B. The Irish were favored by 4.
C. Michigan threw 3 interceptions to go along with 2 fumbles.
D. The Dohmers have played three straight games at home.
E. Michigan is ranked 49th, they might finish the season 6-6.
F. ND has beaten Rice ( ranked 95th ) and Pur Don't ( ranked 109th ).

And for these wins the Irish get a top 10 ranking ??

:lol:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll withhold judgement for awhile: Virginia is better than they were last year. UCLA has been struggling, no doubt.

Oh, dammit. I just cant think about that game anymore, had the lead with 4 minutes to play. DAMMIT.