• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: What do we need to do to win this game?

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are home of course, but I wonder how big of an advantage that has been in recent years. We have had a tendency to come out flat at home and there hasn't really been a feeling of the presumed touchdown advantage.

Sagarin has ND ranked 8 and GT ranked 9. The home team should be favored with two so evenly matched opponents.

ND has recruited better than GT for years so we should have a more talented team. Furthermore, ND should have speed on defense which helps contain the option attack.

I think the key to the game is coaching. The coaches have the players to win this game. If the coaching staff can pull their heads out of their asses and do their fucking jobs we will win this game. Sadly, I have no faith in BK and his staff and I fear we will lose this game and the wheels will begin falling of the bus. I hope I am wrong.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put a spy on Justin Thomas and use lots of blitz packages to disrupt the triple option threat. I think if ND front four can get pressure on Thomas, and use the LBs blitz/fill the run gaps, and keep the GT offense confined from sideline to sideline, ND should be fine. But much easier said than done. With the loss of ND's starting QB and RB, the defense will have to create some turnovers and/or score some points.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going to have to adopt a gameplan similar to the bowl game against LSU last year. Ideally we'll maul GT with the run and our big, experienced OL, and pass strategically when it's needed. 2:1 run to pass ratio at least and simply control the clock and keep GT off the field. We'll need some big stops on 3rd down to help with that too. I agree that our speed on D should help defend that nasty triple option, but we just never seem to play too well against that scheme. With that said, according to BK, "Culture beats scheme." I guess we'll see today.

GO IRISH! ONWARD TO VICTORY!

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we need to do to win the game?

Assignment football, disciplined football, team football on D especially. Play your spot and make the play if it comes down your alley (or at least hold 'em up and gang 'em (gangnam style?).

Offensively, need upperclassmen to ease Kizer's role, good crisp routes, sticking with blocks, proper cuts and as few mental errors as possible. NO Turnovers.

Culture beats scheme? Never heard that one. Execute each and every down.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuff the box, sell out on the run (obviously), stay at home. Dare GT to throw the ball. Bring the safeties up

Offensively, pretty much what was already said. Run the ball, get Kizer some easy throws early, build his confidence. Then run some more.

I'd love to use Prosise as a workhorse, but given what has happened this season, I'm worried about him getting hurt. Really wish Bryant was still around.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score more points than Ga Tech? :noidea:

I kid of course.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering how long before someone posted this.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they can win in the trenches they'll be fine. If they can't then it might get a interesting.