• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What chance do you give the Titans to come out of the AFC

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, he threw 14 passes last week.

But one of them was like a 40 yard TD.

It's limited work.

But if he throws more than 22ish times tenn is probably losing.

Henry needs legitimately 35-40 carries.
Henry ripping off 6 yards a carry, burning clock and Tannehill making it count to keep the defense off the line has to be the basic gameplan.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, he threw 14 passes last week.

But one of them was like a 40 yard TD.

It's limited work.

But if he throws more than 22ish times tenn is probably losing.

Henry needs legitimately 35-40 carries.

I wasn't trying to say anything bad to him at all. He's not needed as long as Heney delivers. When hes been "called on" he has but people will say "no he hasn't look at his stats". And yes, if he throws that much game over

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to say anything bad to him at all. He's not needed as long as Heney delivers. When hes been "called on" he has but people will say "no he hasn't look at his stats". And yes, if he throws that much game over

yeah. It’s not pretty but it works.

until it doesn’t....

bottom like is they stamp US mail on Henry’s butt (varsity blues reference)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans are the hot team, we don't see it often in football usually in baseball. But this Titans' team is winning how teams used to win back in the day...pretty crazy. Defense, controlling the line of scrimmage and running the ball. This next game vs KC will be their toughest test, basically two totally different teams. It's been a good run for the Titans and rooting for them but I'm just not sure their offense will be able to score enough and stop this lethal KC attack.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans are the hot team, we don't see it often in football usually in baseball. But this Titans' team is winning how teams used to win back in the day...pretty crazy. Defense, controlling the line of scrimmage and running the ball. This next game vs KC will be their toughest test, basically two totally different teams. It's been a good run for the Titans and rooting for them but I'm just not sure their offense will be able to score enough and stop this lethal KC attack.
I'm guessing either the Titans win by a FG or KC wins by a 100, depending on how Henry runs, whether Tannehill and the receivers capitalize when they get a chance and how the D does keeping that offense off the field.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing either the Titans win by a FG or KC wins by a 100, depending on how Henry runs, whether Tannehill and the receivers capitalize when they get a chance and how the D does keeping that offense off the field.

Agreed. The Tenn pass rush needs to get Mahomes running for his life.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. It’s not pretty but it works.

until it doesn’t....

bottom like is they stamp US mail on Henry’s butt (varsity blues reference)

The thing about this Titans team is they're not really trying to fool anybody....I'd like to see them go vertical a little more but this is good, old school tackle football...Romo said it best...you got line up and play vs TN.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about this Titans team is they're not really trying to fool anybody....I'd like to see them go vertical a little more but this is good, old school tackle football...Romo said it best...you got line up and play vs TN.

I'd like a few more play action bootlegs.

There's a few times I think the entire defense would've followed henry and Tannehill would've gotten like 30 yards doing that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mistakenly wrote off the Titans at NE AND BAL.

The Titans are not supposed to be a great DEF vs the pass...they gave up 209 yds to NE in the air. Yes, BAL got 340+ in the air against them, but of course BAL was considerably and that forced BAL to pass and TN was able to sit in zone and keep the play in front of them and for the most part kept BAL out of the endzone.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like a few more play action bootlegs.

There's a few times I think the entire defense would've followed henry and Tannehill would've gotten like 30 yards doing that.

Yep, almost any misdirection play with Henry on the field will pull 2 or 3 defenders towards him.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
titans vs 49ers in the SB. they will combine for 500 rushing yards.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty much what I'm seeing, too.

If the Chiefs can keep the Titans running up the middle then the Chiefs can slow Henry down enough to really cause issues for the Titans. Where the Chiefs are bad at run D, the Titans are good - those outside runs. Chiefs DEs like flying up the field and guys like Saffold can pull to the edge and just create massive holes for Henry to get his big runs. The colder it gets, though, the harder it is to tackle Henry. If Henry is healthy then he is going to have a good game.

On the other side, I don't think Vaccaro can cover Kelce. At all. I'm not sure that is always going to be the matchup but if it is then I think the Titans have to double.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After KC found out that they can be down by 24 points and still blow out their opponent I'd say very hard.

The points in the Titans favor are:

They actually have a defense that could harass Mahommes. If they can't, it will be a blowout
KC's defense has improved but can their run D hold up against the best runner in the league? If KC can't slow down Henry the Titans have a chance.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is something you need to prevent. The Titans harassed Jackson all day. If they can do that against KC, they have a real shot...
A big part of that game is that the Ravens actually had a lot of plays against the Titans and they just dropped the ball. Chiefs can certainly be prone to drops, too, but there were some holes in that Titans D and the Ravens just couldn't take advantage of them.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of that game is that the Ravens actually had a lot of plays against the Titans and they just dropped the ball. Chiefs can certainly be prone to drops, too, but there were some holes in that Titans D and the Ravens just couldn't take advantage of them.

I don't think there's much doubt who the favored team is... (KC) but the Titans have a chance if they accomplish a few things..

i.e. harrass Mahommes with some success
establish a good running game with Henry.

As a KC fan, welcome to a new feeling... Everyone outside of KC is probably rooting against you... ;)

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry ripping off 6 yards a carry, burning clock and Tannehill making it count to keep the defense off the line has to be the basic gameplan.

Run Henry like he is Earl Campbell. Get the lead. Control the clock. Keep that Chiefs offense on the sideline.

Can't win a shootout with KC. Titans need a 70s-ish smashmouth game to have a chance.