• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your top 10 coaching jobs going into 2020

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Ohio State
4. UGA
5. OU
6. Oregon
7. LSU
8. Florida
9. USC
10 Texas
If it were going by right now.. It would be a toss up between tosu and clemson, both have loaded rosters with experienced QBs. Then I would put Georgia and Bama. Despite them both losing their QBs in the draft, they return a lot..especially Bama with Moses, Sanders coming back after their injuries.

1/2 Clemson/tosu
3. GA
4. Bama
5.Texas

tough to figure out the rest since ou has a RS QB coming in who I know will light it up..however they lost two of it's best Defenders in the past few years. I don't see anyone filling Murrays shoes..and I actually like White. SC isn't deep. I guess I would choose Fl and hope Mullen figures out the QB situation? LSU is going to fall off.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has no business on the list and Michigan is still a top 10 job even though Harbaugh isn't doing anything with it.

Programs that have fallen in desirability:
Nebraska
Penn State
FSU
Washington
Tennessee
Miami

Programs that would be considered the next 10 (in no particular order):
Wisconsin
Auburn
Texas A&M
Stanford
Tennesee
FSU
Washington
Penn State
Miami - In danger of dropping out of top 20
Oregon
I wasn't going to say anything until someone else mentioned it. I'd probably throw ND in there as well. People often get caught up in the "who's winning right now" and that often doesn't matter in these conversations. While we're at it, FSU should be on there. There's a reason why coaches like Urban have ND clauses in contracts.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't going to say anything until someone else mentioned it. I'd probably throw ND in there as well. People often get caught up in the "who's winning right now" and that often doesn't matter in these conversations. While we're at it, FSU should be on there. There's a reason why coaches like Urban have ND clauses in contracts.
The problem with ND is budget, facilities and no conference affiliation. It's just not as desirable as it used to be and I don't think it is going to come back unless they join a conference and then it has to be the right one. They might actually lose money if they joined the ACC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is FSU lost it's desirability? Is this list going by who would have interest right now?
FSU being in the ACC is at a huge revenue disadvantage to the SEC, Big 10 and the larger Big 12 schools. There is a reason that Jimbo jumped ship and it was because he had a hard time keeping assistant coaches because the other schools could outbid him (the FSU fans will be all over this and deny it but it is true).

Clemson has caught lightning in a bottle and the money is flooding in but has a limit because the school only has an enrollment of 23K. In the long run that hurts because it limits the number of future donors that you can produce. Auburn is in a similar situation and it is going to get harder for them because Alabama is growing their enrollment and they are up to 38K while Auburn is at 27K. Twenty years ago Auburn had a higher enrollment but the decision has been made (which I support) to increase the quality not the quantity and Clemson has made a similar decision and both schools are increasing their academic standing nationally considerably. Auburn would be screwed if they weren't in the SEC.

All these things factor.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again that still doesn't make sense about FSU.. Who is the flagship.. State school. One of the very top fertile recruiting grounds for football. They just need to find the right coaching fit

UFlorida is the flagship school in the Sunshine State. Not sure why you are still arguing this.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU being in the ACC is at a huge revenue disadvantage to the SEC, Big 10 and the larger Big 12 schools. There is a reason that Jimbo jumped ship and it was because he had a hard time keeping assistant coaches because the other schools could outbid him (the FSU fans will be all over this and deny it but it is true).

Clemson has caught lightning in a bottle and the money is flooding in but has a limit because the school only has an enrollment of 23K. In the long run that hurts because it limits the number of future donors that you can produce. Auburn is in a similar situation and it is going to get harder for them because Alabama is growing their enrollment and they are up to 38K while Auburn is at 27K. Twenty years ago Auburn had a higher enrollment but the decision has been made (which I support) to increase the quality not the quantity and Clemson has made a similar decision and both schools are increasing their academic standing nationally considerably. Auburn would be screwed if they weren't in the SEC.

All these things factor.
Jimbo is continuing to do what he did as the lead in Tallahassee in college Station. His OL evaluations continue to fall flat.
He won a MNC using a lot of the players bowden brought in. He had multiple top 10 classes at FSU just like he's doing now at aggy yet, he still refuses to throw to WRs, use his QBing whispers to improve mond and again, his OL is atrocious.
Him leaving FSU was a good thing.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Georgia
4. Florida
5. Auburn
6. Texas A&M
7. Tennessee
8. Vanderbilt
9. Kentucky
10. Mississippi State"

Sincerely @HammerDown

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think FSU can bounce back, it's the flagship of FL. Miami is a ways off with Manny _iaz leading them
aP0qrIP.gif

fla-TIGER

LSU 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 966.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were going by right now.. It would be a toss up between tosu and clemson, both have loaded rosters with experienced QBs. Then I would put Georgia and Bama. Despite them both losing their QBs in the draft, they return a lot..especially Bama with Moses, Sanders coming back after their injuries.

1/2 Clemson/tosu
3. GA
4. Bama
5.Texas

tough to figure out the rest since ou has a RS QB coming in who I know will light it up..however they lost two of it's best Defenders in the past few years. I don't see anyone filling Murrays shoes..and I actually like White. SC isn't deep. I guess I would choose Fl and hope Mullen figures out the QB situation? LSU is going to fall off.

LSU is not going anywhere.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson - because Dabo is still in his prime & not going anywhere any time soon - and they are in a cupcake conference.
2. Bama - they still have Saban, and once he's ready to retire UA should be able to get its pick in a new HC.
3. Ohio State - they are pretty much right up there with the Big Two, but might not be as lucky the next time a coach moves on or steps down.
4. Oklahoma - they have a good, young coach & can suffer a regular-season setback & still make the playoffs.
5. Georgia - has the 2nd or 3rd best coach in the SEC, but doesn't have to face Alabama or LSU on an annual basis.
6. LSU - this year could prove to be a hiccup with all the coaching & player losses, but has long-term staying power.
7. Oregon - besides the shoe money, this school has a coach that did a great job of studying under Saban.
8. Penn St. - probably the most consistent team in the Big 10 behind Ohio St.
9. Florida - plenty of in-state & regional talent to choose from, but has to face Georgia & LSU every year.
10. Notre Dame - not what they used to be, but still has a chance to make the playoffs in a good year.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame is a top 5 job.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Clemson - because Dabo is still in his prime & not going anywhere any time soon - and they are in a cupcake conference.
2. Bama - they still have Saban, and once he's ready to retire UA should be able to get its pick in a new HC.
3. Ohio State - they are pretty much right up there with the Big Two, but might not be as lucky the next time a coach moves on or steps down.
4. Oklahoma - they have a good, young coach & can suffer a regular-season setback & still make the playoffs.
5. Georgia - has the 2nd or 3rd best coach in the SEC, but doesn't have to face Alabama or LSU on an annual basis.
6. LSU - this year could prove to be a hiccup with all the coaching & player losses, but has long-term staying power.
7. Oregon - besides the shoe money, this school has a coach that did a great job of studying under Saban.
8. Penn St. - probably the most consistent team in the Big 10 behind Ohio St.
9. Florida - plenty of in-state & regional talent to choose from, but has to face Georgia & LSU every year.
10. Notre Dame - not what they used to be, but still has a chance to make the playoffs in a good year.
Who is going to want to follow Saban? Be like following John Wooden.

Now, if a guy is looking for a place with nowhere to go but up, there's a school on the very Western edge of Texas........

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and USC have a huge advantage. Both have deep alumni, pockets. Both have a shit ton of Xplayers, coaching HS football, throughout, their states.

USC, had a great national recruiting base. They've lost a lot of that but look at Clemson. 10 years ago, they never got kids outside of SC, Georgia and Florida. But USC and texASS have all the instate talent, to fill multiple rosters.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo is continuing to do what he did as the lead in Tallahassee in college Station. His OL evaluations continue to fall flat.
He won a MNC using a lot of the players bowden brought in. He had multiple top 10 classes at FSU just like he's doing now at aggy yet, he still refuses to throw to WRs, use his QBing whispers to improve mond and again, his OL is atrocious.
Him leaving FSU was a good thing.

Bowden retired at the end of 2009 season. FSU won a title in 2013 season. So unless FSU had a ton of 5th year seniors play, Jimbo did not win a MNC with Bowden’s players.