• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are the odds that Cardale Jones is the next McNabb?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What are the odds he's one of the most overrated QBs of all time?

Not good. That bar has been set pretty high.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are bringing exactly zero to this conversation.

Lets try this on for size:

• Accuracy is all over the place, among the worst in the class at the most important ranges: six through 30 yards
• Accuracy is poor on passes that lead receivers, either horizontally or vertically up the field
• Does not always see underneath defenders, will make poor throws into coverage.
• Timing is not great in the pass game, often late but his arm will make up for it
• His big arm is irrelevant beyond 20 yards. Accuracy percentage of 46.9 percent ranked 17th in the draft class, but even many of his completions were underthrows with the wide receiver working back to make the play
• Last year was similar, made a lot of big plays in the passing game but many of them were Devin Smith adjusting to poorly thrown passes

So still how does that compare to Hundley . You fail to see that you aren't making any xonparisons.
I, too, am confused as to why Hundley was even brought into the equation. They're very different styles of QBs. It's one thing to criticize him, but he's nothing like Hundley at all in their styles. What a stupid comparison.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds are he won't even come remotely close to what McNabb did in his career. McNabb is probably a top 25 QB of all time, and a borderline HOF candidate. Also management did a shitty job of putting WR's around McNabb outside of the year with TO, which I don't think it's a coincidence that was his best season. He spent his career throwing to the likes of James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell, Greg Lewis and Hank Baskett etc.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, am confused as to why Hundley was even brought into the equation. They're very different styles of QBs. It's one thing to criticize him, but he's nothing like Hundley at all in their styles. What a stupid comparison.
That in no way negates all of the things Ive said about Jones. Let me guess: you think all 12 or 13 Ohio St players in this draft are future hall of famers. Odds are, there are going to be a few badasses and a few duds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So still how does that compare to Hundley . You fail to see that you aren't making any xonparisons.
I bring up Hundley for only one reason: he was drafted in the 5th round. Cardale Jones is probably a 5th-6th rounder imo

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half of my negs come from Buckeye fans. Between PI Buckeye and Across the Field....

hmmm

same person?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That in no way negates all of the things Ive said about Jones. Let me guess: you think all 12 or 13 Ohio St players in this draft are future hall of famers. Odds are, there are going to be a few badasses and a few duds.
You dumbass. I've never once said anything about your criticisms of Cardale not being true (they are accurate from what I've read, he has a lot of work to do). I'm saying it was stupid to compare him to Hundley. Of course he isn't going to be as good of a prospect. He was a 3 year starter at UCLA, while Cardale didn't even start the equivalent of an entire season at OSU. There was no reason to even compare the two - as I said, it was a really stupid comparison. I think some of the Buckeyes are absolutely studs, and I think some will be decent and some will bust. But nice job jumping to idiotic conclusions based on nothing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dumbass. I've never once said anything about your criticisms of Cardale not being true (they are accurate from what I've read, he has a lot of work to do). I'm saying it was stupid to compare him to Hundley. Of course he isn't going to be as good of a prospect. He was a 3 year starter at UCLA, while Cardale didn't even start the equivalent of an entire season at OSU. There was no reason to even compare the two - as I said, it was a really stupid comparison. I think some of the Buckeyes are absolutely studs, and I think some will be decent and some will bust. But nice job jumping to idiotic conclusions based on nothing.
You and Steelers are the ones obsessing about Hundley for some reason. I was using Hundley as a basis of value not as a QB comparison.

Im jumping to conclusions because the pro Cardale crowd is working on faith and giving me bullshit and facepalms. No real discussion is being had as to how you'd think he'd be any good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Steelers are the ones obsessing about Hundley for some reason. I was using Hundley as a basis of value not as a QB comparison.

Im jumping to conclusions because the pro Cardale crowd is working on faith and giving me bullshit and facepalms. No real discussion is being had as to how you'd think he'd be any good.
Not obsessing, just saying it was a stupid comparison.

I can't speak for any other posters, but I believe I was the first person to reply to this thread about my thoughts. He needs a lot of work and also needs to be in the right system, but he has the tools to become a good QB. Is that so outrageous?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing he's ranked as high as he is really. He's started a handful of games and is very raw and not very smart.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs a lot of work and also needs to be in the right system, but he has the tools to become a good QB. Is that so outrageous?
That actually sounds about right imo. While I'm not that high on him, he totally fits the profile of a late round Chiefs pick.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually sounds about right imo. While I'm not that high on him, he totally fits the profile of a late round Chiefs pick.
His arm and physicality enough are worthy of a late round pick. However, he doesn't need to be going in the 2nd/3rd like I've seen some people projecting.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the second pick in the 2016 NFL draft, the Eagles select quarterback from Ohio State, Cardale Jones.

Bradford-confused.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's an ugly but fair assessment. The good thing is, nobody will be drafting him to start right away so he'll actually get the chance to sit and learn for a couple of seasons before being thrown to the fire, like Russell was.
"I didn't declare for the draft to play football school" - cj