• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are the odds that Baylor scores the most Points ever in Austin???

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll take the bait and play along. Here's an answer.

First of all, Oklahoma, Alabama, USC, etc. (the "blue bloods") couldn't care less about the Baylors or Oregons of the world winning some games. Great. Congratulations. Keep it up. What gets old is hearing some school that's never won much suddenly talking smack. That's the part that shows no class. Maybe class comes with winning a lot but I doubt that. Class comes with being proud of your team, accepting defeats at part of the game and enjoying your wins without thinking you're suddenly an elite program. Will Baylor keep it up? Will Art Briles manage not to get Baylor put on probation? Will Texas stay down so Baylor can be the big dog? We'll see. In the meantime, good luck. See you in Norman.

Deconstruction time!

"First of all, Oklahoma, Alabama, USC, etc. (the "blue bloods") couldn't care less about the Baylors or Oregons of the world winning some games."

You don't care so much you actually made a post to say "stop what you're doing!"? Where's that "raised eyebrow" emoticon when you need it...

"What gets old is hearing some school that's never won much suddenly talking smack."

How does it get old, if they've never had the opportunity to do it before? And again, how does it bother you if you couldn't care less?

"That's the part that shows no class. Maybe class comes with winning a lot but I doubt that. "

I hardly think Sooner fans have cornered the market on "class." Plenty of the Oklahoma fans on this very board are some trash-talking mofos. You don't think anyone's entitled to do that unless they're Oklahoma/Alabama/Southern Cal? Like you said, paybacks are a bitch. If someone wants to run their mouth at the risk of looking stupid, that's their prerogative.

"Class comes with being proud of your team, accepting defeats at part of the game "

You don't think Baylor fans have accepted their share of defeats? That's mind-boggling. A fan of a traditional doormat NEVER forgets losing. But I guess you wouldn't know that because your school is so gosh-dilly awesome. If Texas somehow wins this Saturday, I will 100% offer congratulations and accept defeat. Doesn't mean I can't have fun right now. I accept the risk of looking stupid come Sunday.

"and enjoying your wins without thinking you're suddenly an elite program."

No one has said "Baylor is now elite!" If they did, yeah, I'd agree with you: that's a little too much to claim just because you finally put together a couple of good seasons. It would be lovely to sustain the sucess without any probations or other setbacks.

I'm just having a little fun, which you seem to have found offensive but you also couldn't care less about. Odd, that. But do what you do, man. It's a free internet.

"In the meantime, good luck. See you in Norman."

:suds: Absolutely. And be forewarned: I will be talking smack before that game, as well.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deconstruction time!

"First of all, Oklahoma, Alabama, USC, etc. (the "blue bloods") couldn't care less about the Baylors or Oregons of the world winning some games."

You don't care so much you actually made a post to say "stop what you're doing!"? Where's that "raised eyebrow" emoticon when you need it...

"What gets old is hearing some school that's never won much suddenly talking smack."

How does it get old, if they've never had the opportunity to do it before? And again, how does it bother you if you couldn't care less?

"That's the part that shows no class. Maybe class comes with winning a lot but I doubt that. "

I hardly think Sooner fans have cornered the market on "class." Plenty of the Oklahoma fans on this very board are some trash-talking mofos. You don't think anyone's entitled to do that unless they're Oklahoma/Alabama/Southern Cal? Like you said, paybacks are a bitch. If someone wants to run their mouth at the risk of looking stupid, that's their prerogative.

"Class comes with being proud of your team, accepting defeats at part of the game "

You don't think Baylor fans have accepted their share of defeats? That's mind-boggling. A fan of a traditional doormat NEVER forgets losing. But I guess you wouldn't know that because your school is so gosh-dilly awesome. If Texas somehow wins this Saturday, I will 100% offer congratulations and accept defeat. Doesn't mean I can't have fun right now. I accept the risk of looking stupid come Sunday.

"and enjoying your wins without thinking you're suddenly an elite program."

No one has said "Baylor is now elite!" If they did, yeah, I'd agree with you: that's a little too much to claim just because you finally put together a couple of good seasons. It would be lovely to sustain the sucess without any probations or other setbacks.

I'm just having a little fun, which you seem to have found offensive but you also couldn't care less about. Odd, that. But do what you do, man. It's a free internet.

"In the meantime, good luck. See you in Norman."

:suds: Absolutely. And be forewarned: I will be talking smack before that game, as well.

Damn, man. Calm down. You're gonna blow a fuse. You're too defensive. Chill out and enjoy the ride while you can.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, man. Calm down. You're gonna blow a fuse. You're too defensive. Chill out and enjoy the ride while you can.

Hey, I'm not the one who's threatened by Baylor, of all teams...

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Baylor people didn't dance :noidea:

LMAO! Southern Baptist are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. I grew up in southeast Texas and that area is full of them. Just count the dry counties and multiply that by about 100,000 or more.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You noticed all the chicks in the gif as opposed to Elmer Fudd dancing.

haha, I noticed him. THen studied the other fans. Two chicks texting, one asleep, and another looks like she just saw a ghost :pound:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't think it will be as bad as the 73 pts the Corn Fuckers dropped in Norman in '96.......

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't think it will be as bad as the 73 pts the Corn Fuckers dropped in Norman in '96.......

yeah, I never forgave them for that.:gaah:
Osborne had some pent up frustration going on :pound:
but it was a John Blake team, so there's that:lol:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going. Better than scaring the dogs or putting a hole in a TV or two.

Plus, I want to support the new coach. It's going to get worse before it gets better, but it will get better at some point.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or the 62 OU put on them since then in 2008. Or the 63 OU scored vs texas in 2000 or the 65 vs texas in 2003 or less we forget the 63 OU scored again on texas 2 years ago. :rollseyes:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the 62 OU put on them since then in 2008. Or the 63 OU scored vs texas in 2000 or the 65 vs texas in 2003 or less we forget the 63 OU scored again on texas 2 years ago. :rollseyes:

Hey, focus guys!!! Baylore awesomeness or GTFO!

baylor.jpg

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I found the answer and it is UCLA in 1997.
Houston also scored 66pts in Austin in 1998.

Baylor has scored 50pts twice in Austin. 2012 and 1989.

Yep, thinking 67+pts is a real possibility.
Brilles wont hesitate to do it too.
On pace for 14. Good call.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this thread.....

unless Baylor scores 59 in the second half.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they keep pitching the shutout...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoilsport.

I could post two reactions to this:

1) Fuck you
or
2) Shut the Fuck Up

But my problem is, I'm too nice for that. I will say the following:

Nothing is ever good enough for you CFB bluebloods. A team that has been on the mat for a century gets up and starts playing well. Instead of congratulating them, or even just smirking into your mint julip at how "undignified" they're behaving, you get all "Do it for another 20 years!" or "Try winning 47 straight games!" or "Oh yeah, well you might have won a couple of the last several games between us but we own the all-time series by like 40 games!" and so forth.

What upsets you so much? Is it taking away precious attention from your program? Probably not; Oklahoma is ranked in the top five, will be favored to beat Baylor later in the season, win the Big Xii, and represent in the playoffs. What do you care if some "new money" fans want to strut a little? You find it annoying? That's your problem. You don't like what's on the TV, turn the channel. You're annoyed by fans of certain teams, ignore those fans.

QFT. Someone needs to explain this in the NFL forum as well. If I have to hear again about how only teams who won Superbowls decades ago can talk trash. . .