• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Are The Lakers Chances in Keeping Their Pick

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to approach the draft lottery as if we had lost the pick. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised if we keep it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a good bargaining chip to pry George away from Indiana perhaps.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is 27. Nash was 10 years older when they traded for him. There's no comparison. You make that deal all day long if its on the table.

What if KD has tired of playing with Westbrook, but is considering LA?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a good bargaining chip to pry George away from Indiana perhaps.

...or Jimmy Butler from Chicago. Throw 'em Clarkson and the #3, see if it starts a discussion.

If it's #1 or #2, I'd have a tough time letting that pick go.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely. why set yourself up for disappointment? although let's face it, it'd be GREAT if we kept it...
You can say it now and try to brace youself, but if we lose the pick, the yelling in laker households is going to be recorded breaking.:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if KD has tired of playing with Westbrook, but is considering LA?

That's the good thing about them not being UFA's at the same time. KD is available first. If the Lakers can get him, they need to get him and not worry about Westbrook. If KD is done playing with him, then the Lakers won't need to bother about Westbrook.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or Jimmy Butler from Chicago. Throw 'em Clarkson and the #3, see if it starts a discussion.

If it's #1 or #2, I'd have a tough time letting that pick go.

Personally, I'd prefer to see them go after Paul George. He fills an immediate need. If they trade Clarkson and the #3 for Butler, they still need a small forward.

Having said that, if what is being said about the dysfunction in the Bulls locker room is true, they may have an easier time getting Butler via trade than Paul George. So, they could possibly trade for Butler and then look to fill the SF position via FA with a guy like Harrison Barnes or Batum.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd prefer to see them go after Paul George. He fills an immediate need. If they trade Clarkson and the #3 for Butler, they still need a small forward.

Having said that, if what is being said about the dysfunction in the Bulls locker room is true, they may have an easier time getting Butler via trade than Paul George. So, they could possibly trade for Butler and then look to fill the SF position via FA with a guy like Harrison Barnes or Batum.

Of course, the rumblings that Butler could be available were the reason I posted that, and I hadn't heard anything of the sort with George. George would be the perfect SF to get. Batum would be my second target in FA (behind KD). I feel he gets overlooked due to playing in first Portland and now Toronto, plus he's not a brash, look-at-me type.

The thought of Russell, Butler, Batum, Randle, and a FA center (Whiteside?) as the new starting 5 is very enticing. Butler, Batum and Whiteside would drastically improve the defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, the rumblings that Butler could be available were the reason I posted that, and I hadn't heard anything of the sort with George. George would be the perfect SF to get. Batum would be my second target in FA (behind KD). I feel he gets overlooked due to playing in first Portland and now Toronto, plus he's not a brash, look-at-me type.

The thought of Russell, Butler, Batum, Randle, and a FA center (Whiteside?) as the new starting 5 is very enticing. Butler, Batum and Whiteside would drastically improve the defense.

Agree. I have no idea if Indy would even consider a trade for George. I'm just a Paul George fanboy and would love to see the Lakers get him.