• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Warriors were good enough to not have to go to a Game 7, but it's our fault for dropping Game 1.

More like OKC's fault for being really good at basketball. This series had 7 games written all over it. Woulda been 7 with the Spurs too.

I think the Finals go 7 too, no matter who plays the Cavs

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep no doubt. Will be interesting to see who comes out better early in the game tomorrow. I feel like there is pressure on both teams for different reasons.

Well yeah, elimination game for both teams.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, elimination game for both teams.

I kinda feel like there's more pressure on OKC even though they're on the road. Those guys must be sick to their stomach today that they have to go back to Golden State to win another road game. When you're the team without HCA, the formula is simple. Steal one of the first 2 games on the road and handle your business in the 3 home games. They were doing a great job with this formula until last night. Up 3-2 with game 6 at your home? Can't lose that game. Very difficult to bounce back from that.

I'm curious to know the last team who won game 7 after losing game 6 at home. My guess is probably the Mavs back in 2006 vs the Spurs. Don't think it happened since then

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel like there's more pressure on OKC even though they're on the road. Those guys must be sick to their stomach today that they have to go back to Golden State to win another road game. When you're the team without HCA, the formula is simple. Steal one of the first 2 games on the road and handle your business in the 3 home games. They were doing a great job with this formula until last night. Up 3-2 with game 6 at your home? Can't lose that game. Very difficult to bounce back from that.

I'm curious to know the last team who won game 7 after losing game 6 at home. My guess is probably the Mavs back in 2006 vs the Spurs. Don't think it happened since then

Durant was holding his head low as he walked off the court last night. This loss has probably been weighing heavily on their minds ever since the buzzer sounded and you would expect it to continue until at least tip off tomorrow night. It might even carry over into the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant was holding his head low as he walked off the court last night. This loss has probably been weighing heavily on their minds ever since the buzzer sounded and you would expect it to continue until at least tip off tomorrow night. It might even carry over into the game.

To be fair to KD and Russ, they seemed upbeat in press conference last night. Didn't get the sense that it would carry over into tomorrow night. I'm actually not concerned about them much. I'm curious to see how the role players respond

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kinda off-topic but how about those 2006 Mavs? Down 3-1 to the Spurs heading to San Antonio for game 5 and they ended up winning that series which required them to win twice in San Antonio. Damn that's impressive.

You remember that series @Hornsstampede2.0 ?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article that criticized Donovan for having Roberson intentionally foul Bogut in the first half, especially when the Thunder were just at the free throw and Donovan could've inserted a bench player to take the foul on Bogut. It was only Roberson's first foul, but he wound up being in foul trouble in the second half. Fair criticism or not?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kinda off-topic but how about those 2006 Mavs? Down 3-1 to the Spurs heading to San Antonio for game 5 and they ended up winning that series which required them to win twice in San Antonio. Damn that's impressive.

You remember that series @Hornsstampede2.0 ?

Damn, bk. Rubbing that shit in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article that criticized Donovan for having Roberson intentionally foul Bogut in the first half, especially when the Thunder were just at the free throw and Donovan could've inserted a bench player to take the foul on Bogut. It was only Roberson's first foul, but he wound up being in foul trouble in the second half. Fair criticism or not?

Very fair IMO. Can't waste for one of your most important players. Roberson been pretty important for them in this series. Having him waste fouls on Bogut is stupid. Use someone like Waiters or Kanter

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very fair IMO. Can't waste for one of your most important players. Roberson been pretty important for them in this series. Having him waste fouls on Bogut is stupid. Use someone like Waiters or Kanter

He definitely could've subbed in anybody while his team was taking FT's (maybe even Singler or Collison), but in his defense, it was only Roberson's first foul and there was less than two minutes left in the second half, IIRC. He was far from foul trouble at the time.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely could've subbed in anybody while his team was taking FT's (maybe even Singler or Collison), but in his defense, it was only Roberson's first foul and there was less than two minutes left in the second half, IIRC. He was far from foul trouble at the time.
True but when we consider Roberson had just fouled out in the previous game-doesn't seem like a smart move.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair or foul for Cavs fans to hope for a Draymond flagrant and or tech tomorrow?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That series was a bit similar although the games were far more competitive and balanced.

But the Spurs were not viewed with as much skepticism, since they had actually beaten great Lakers, Pistons, and Suns teams with that core for a few titles. Even down (3-1), the SPURS felt like an equal team or even better.

Down (3-1), every talking head started labelling GSW as complete frauds who spent 2 years beating creampuffs in the playoffs finally being exposed.

I still blame that loss on Popovich not coaching the last play...... and the NBA stupid archaic seeding.
They changed the seeding rules the next season to prevent that from happening ever again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great effort by the Dubs last night. I thought when the series started that the Thunder would take it in six but if it somehow went seven the Warriors had a good shot.
What concerns me still though is that each Warrior victory has come because of some spectacular shooting effort buy one guy or another whereas OKC continues to dominate the boards and the paint which is a much more reliable way to play.
If the Dubs just get normal games from Thompson and Curry they'll be beaten. Its going to take one more huge effort or another meltdown by Westbrook like at the end of game six. But those things cannot be counted on.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great effort by the Dubs last night. I thought when the series started that the Thunder would take it in six but if it somehow went seven the Warriors had a good shot.
What concerns me still though is that each Warrior victory has come because of some spectacular shooting effort buy one guy or another whereas OKC continues to dominate the boards and the paint which is a much more reliable way to play.
If the Dubs just get normal games from Thompson and Curry they'll be beaten. Its going to take one more huge effort or another meltdown by Westbrook like at the end of game six. But those things cannot be counted on.

That was my thoughts exactly but LAD says that the Warriors get that kind of effort every night.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thoughts exactly but LAD says that the Warriors get that kind of effort every night.
Stop over exaggerating. I said they're capable of multiple guys stepping up any given night & can do it in consecutive games. Clearly the don't do it EVERY night or they would've closed this series out in 4 games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of whether or not OKC, particularly Durant and Westbrook choked.

In a closeout game at home, they shot 20-58, 1-13 from 3 point range and committed a combined 8 of their teams 15 turnovers, 5 or 6 of them late in the game. They also had a 7 point lead and were in control late in the game.

They managed to lose by 7. I don't know how you call that kind of meltdown anything but a choke.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of the talking heads have been touting OKC lately as the team that matches up best with Cleveland, but I think that is flat wrong. GS Is a nightmare matchup for the Cavs. Think about the most natural matchups for The dubs best defenders:

Green on Love
Iggy on LeBron
Klay on Kyrie

Now on the other side, who do Love and Kyrie guard? LeBron, as great as he is is not well suited to guard Klay because he does his best work on the ball, not chasing shooters. Bron could guard Green or Curry, but that creates matchup issues elsewhere. Tough decisions for Lue and Co if GS advances.

OKC, on the other hand, the matchups are much more natural for Cleveland.

I'm not a talking head, but I was on board with OKC being tougher matchup for the Cavs. However, after the way you just laid it out, I think you're right.