• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz and Pederson not on the same page on a simple question

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz on the same page about the Eagles' struggles?

"Here is what Pederson had to say when asked if mechanics were to blame for the recent struggles by Wentz.

"Strictly mechanics. If you watch some of (the throws), just the fact that we have to get him off of his back foot, stepping into his throws, and trusting his decision down the field...because there were opportunities," Pederson said. "Young quarterback, missed quite a bit of time in the preseason, but now we have to keep cleaning this thing up."

When asked the same question multiple times, here is what Wentz had to say.

"I don't think it's the mechanics. You make mistakes. Things happen," Wentz said. "If you throw the ball 60 times, you are going to make miss some of them. That kind of happens.
""

These guys are too nice to let this turn into a beef...but neither one of them is 100% right. If we gotta pick, i'll take Wentz and Doug can walk.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes the coach sees something that a player doesn't, especially a young player. I'm not taking sides, but Pederson has a point - he missed most of preseason, and wasn't getting a ton of reps in camp because he was projected to be the #3. There were a lot of little nuance things that there simply wasn't enough time and reps to work out prior to this season. Doug and Wentz will have plenty of time this off-season to get things on the same page, this is the least of our concerns.

We should instead be up Howie's ass to get our QB some competent weapons in the passing game, and a RB that can actually play a full schedule. I don't expect everything to get turned around in one off-season, but IMO the pressure is on Howie more than anyone else to get this thing going in the right direction.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes the coach sees something that a player doesn't, especially a young player. I'm not taking sides, but Pederson has a point - he missed most of preseason, and wasn't getting a ton of reps in camp because he was projected to be the #3. There were a lot of little nuance things that there simply wasn't enough time and reps to work out prior to this season. Doug and Wentz will have plenty of time this off-season to get things on the same page, this is the least of our concerns.

We should instead be up Howie's ass to get our QB some competent weapons in the passing game, and a RB that can actually play a full schedule. I don't expect everything to get turned around in one off-season, but IMO the pressure is on Howie more than anyone else to get this thing going in the right direction.

Absolutely!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after the game Wentz doesn't know all his mechanical mistakes. He'll see them when he watches the tape and when they are pointed out to him, and he'll recognize them sooner the next time. He's learning. Doug went through all that as a player in this league, he inherently knows when a talented player doesn't perform it's often mechanics, and he's also seeing some of it from the sideline. Really their difference in answer is a non story. It's the perspective difference between a young player and a former player/coach.

Reactions: CSB

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz on the same page about the Eagles' struggles?

"Here is what Pederson had to say when asked if mechanics were to blame for the recent struggles by Wentz.

"Strictly mechanics. If you watch some of (the throws), just the fact that we have to get him off of his back foot, stepping into his throws, and trusting his decision down the field...because there were opportunities," Pederson said. "Young quarterback, missed quite a bit of time in the preseason, but now we have to keep cleaning this thing up."

When asked the same question multiple times, here is what Wentz had to say.

"I don't think it's the mechanics. You make mistakes. Things happen," Wentz said. "If you throw the ball 60 times, you are going to make miss some of them. That kind of happens.
""

These guys are too nice to let this turn into a beef...but neither one of them is 100% right. If we gotta pick, i'll take Wentz and Doug can walk.

Jesus.... are you already making this a beef war?

Totally agree with what is said here. Coach sees it immediately and player sees it later this week in film. Not an issue or rift.

I also had a thought....the organization has always been SO measured when it comes to the media, careful about how the messaging comes out. There has certainly been a front of "there is no issues with the QB" the last few weeks. Maybe Carson was sticking to the script and Doug went off of it.

He could have went off of it to lay a message after that loss. Or he just might not have been able to resist the teacher side he has.

Either way.....grasping at straws. No beef.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if a player throws off his back foot because pressure is coming up into his face...

Is that bad mechanics???

Or bad protection?? (we seem to be leaving this out of the question)

I saw him throw off his back foot a few times, but it was when a defender was charging him right in his face. Throwing on the run and under such pressure often doesn't ALLOW for proper mechanics.