• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well how many days will manny get ?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
abad needs 5 and jaso needs atleast a game . what manny should've done friday is put donaldson in the cheap seats . donaldson sits atop of the plate so he is gonna get hit . the o's should've won 2 of 3 and move on . britton for 2 innings 8 and 9 th game over . one thing about it thank you a's for lighting a fire under our team . let's go o's . i look at it this way no way will the a's keep up with what they are doing so keep peaking early .

i think manny gets 3 to 5 games call up britton to take his place buck

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they actually prove he did it on purpose, it of course looks like it but I don't think he should get more than a game for that.

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game and i'm going to speak my piece and never come back on this thread again. Manny is a fucking punk. He never asked the catcher if he was ok after his bat hit the catcher twice. He knew he was going to get thrown at and what does he do, he throws the bat after the catcher caught the ball. How the Orioles can put up with his bullshit is beyond me and it has to be embarassing for u Oriole fans. i know u all think he was innocent in this, but he clearly is a young punk and i guarantee, the A's will not forget this. They will get him, maybe not this year, but they will. Don't bother saying bad things about for this because once i sign off, i will not get back on.

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Orioles fan, and I 100% concur, DodgerLou. With that tag on Friday night, I don't see where Donaldson did anything wrong. He's just trying to make the play.

As far as the backswings are concerned, it looked to me like it was clearly done on purpose. Manny didn't even bother to check to see if the catcher was okay. MLB Network showed footage of Manny laughing after he knocked the catcher out of the game.

When Manny threw the bat, it's a shame Donaldson couldn't have caught it, ran down to home plate and caved in Manny's skull.

He's a fucking punk that needs to be brought down a notch.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really prefer not to judge... but if Machado is being the immature / unprofessional one here, I would send him to AAA for 10 days as a warning if I were Buck Showalter. (And yes, that statement would hold true even if there's no suspension coming from the MLB.)

Last edited by a moderator:

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really prefer not to judge... but if Machado is being the immature / unprofessional one here, I would send him to AAA for 10 days as a warning if I were Buck Showalter. (And yes, that statement would hold true even if there's no suspension coming from the MLB.)

Sure, I'd go along with that. However, as much as I'd like to see that happen, I don't think it will.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'd go along with that. However, as much as I'd like to see that happen, I don't think it will.

Agreed. That ain't the Oriole way and Machado had DAMN well better get his head right. We all know it can be frustrating coming back from an injury and getting your timing and stroke back. But cheap baseball theatre tactics aren't becoming. If he wants to throw his batting helmet hard enough in the dugout that it bounces above his height, fine, I can understand that.

Just don't be projecting angst at the opposing teams' players in this way. That shit (and let's be honest, it's SHIT) needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP. You got a lot of potential but take charge of your ego, kid.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game and i'm going to speak my piece and never come back on this thread again. Manny is a fucking punk. He never asked the catcher if he was ok after his bat hit the catcher twice. He knew he was going to get thrown at and what does he do, he throws the bat after the catcher caught the ball. How the Orioles can put up with his bullshit is beyond me and it has to be embarassing for u Oriole fans. i know u all think he was innocent in this, but he clearly is a young punk and i guarantee, the A's will not forget this. They will get him, maybe not this year, but they will. Don't bother saying bad things about for this because once i sign off, i will not get back on.

Wow, really. I agree with you that Manny is being a punk for his antics as of late, but you are you just going to come by and trash one of our players and then never return? I bet you wouldn't feel too hot if an O's fan went to the Dodger board running their mouth.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... love the caveat "I ain't never comin' back to this thread again".

I can take all comers. But when someone prefaces their take with *that*... lolol.. alright man, whatever.

(psssst... Jeffro. Giants gonna take the NL West and spank those Dodgers. Pass it on!)

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado is not going to get suspended. He needs to be sat down with management to find out what is going on inside his head though. Dude needs a serious wake up call as does the rest of this under achieving team.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's young. However this is not the Manny I want to see. He seems to have a big head this year. What happened to that maturity he showed all last season. Buck needs to give him a talking to.

As for Dodgerlou....we were all punks at one point in time....case in point....you were a punk just now...popping in...popping off...and pooping out....looks like a punk to me.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well anytime a redsox fan or dodger fan wants to talk about stuff like this is funny . ass clown ortiz is a punk .200 million dodgers and haven't won shit .

what is in manny head he was pushed awkwardly on friday (knee) ass clown abad throws at his knees twice . manny is worried about his knees . btw i for one is tired of seeing our guys drilled and no pay back so guys stand up and be a man . the a's play hard ball and really that is what i want to see from our guys ! they do come off as jerks aswell . i say on our series in oakland on our last day drill one of their stars by britton that will stop other teams or tommy hunter even better . i get tired of the running on the field stuff baseball needs to stop it !!!! they could easily guy leaves the bench has a week off without pay . THAT STOPS IT TODAY .

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everything that went on with the series and his knee he just lost control a little, I wouldn't read to much into it. He's a grounded kid who just made a mistake.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everything that went on with the series and his knee he just lost control a little, I wouldn't read to much into it. He's a grounded kid who just made a mistake.

:agree:it is clear manny isn't 100 % and if the a's want to get mad so be it . abad should've been gone on pitch 1 not 2 then nothing happens . everyone has some blame on this .

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand what he got so upset about with the tag. With his knee issues,I can understand why he is pissed about people throwing at his knees on purpose.

Abad is a douche, Manny is as well. 5 for Abad and a 3 game suspension reduced to 1 after appeal.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand what he got so upset about with the tag. With his knee issues,I can understand why he is pissed about people throwing at his knees on purpose.

Abad is a douche, Manny is as well. 5 for Abad and a 3 game suspension reduced to 1 after appeal.
with manny and 9 months of work to rehab or so i can understand him getting upset . the truth manny should have stayed at second but donaldson did hit him pretty hard . when you should have both hands on glove and tag so the ball stays in the glove . donaldson being hit if you crowd the box shut up and take first . one thing about it he likes getting his arms out and we want be pitching him outside anymore . lessen learned for us and i do hope manny does grow up some also .

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players should get 3-4 games and then hopefully nothing happens in Oakland when they go there.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both players should get 3-4 games and then hopefully nothing happens in Oakland when they go there.
jaso needs a day also abad is a pitcher that is a 5 days

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny has ALWAYS had a long swing watch him, he has hit catchers gloves on multiple occasions this season so that is not out of the norm.

Donaldson basically punched him in the ribs with his tag, throw his helmet as falling back to show his displeasure as falling and something was said to him and he reacted to that.

The bat throw was cheap and stupid, young frustrated player mistake he has shown nothing like that in the past.

Its funny how quick people jump on this kids back for the first mistake he has made when you see punk bitches like Ortiz beat the hell out of the dugout on a bi-weekly bias.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Davis blows up a bat every few games over his knee or on the ground nothing is said about that.