• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well how many days will manny get ?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reaction to the Donaldson tag was idiotic at best, especially considering he initially tried to avoid a gimmie tag, and he made Donaldson make an effort to tag him.

I might have given him the benefit of the doubt on Sunday for any one event, but when you add the Donaldson tag, to the bat he let go of, to hitting the catcher, to seemingly laughing about it while at no point showing any concern, and I think it's clear this guy needs a break to get his head on straight. That was bush league behavior, and it has no place in league.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,393.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him getting 5-10 games

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks that he'll miss a very important Toronto series.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he would be suspended but alas, he has. Under appeal but I'm sure the appeal will be denied. Stupid thing with the bat episode. I think Manny along with the rest of the team is very frustrated right now with their play and it is boiling over. Remember, Manny is 21 years old and made a mistake. Learn from it and move on. He is and will be a great pro, and he will learn from this situation. He has the right people around him to see that happens. On that note, I have seen much worse and guys not be crucified in the media.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he would be suspended but alas, he has. Under appeal but I'm sure the appeal will be denied. Stupid thing with the bat episode. I think Manny along with the rest of the team is very frustrated right now with their play and it is boiling over. Remember, Manny is 21 years old and made a mistake. Learn from it and move on. He is and will be a great pro, and he will learn from this situation. He has the right people around him to see that happens. On that note, I have seen much worse and guys not be crucified in the media.
media is a bunch nuts ! if no good news for the red sox or yankee make up shit ! they have to put out stuff to get people to watch . manny did nothing ty cobb wouldn't have done . :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: i think they may move it to 3 games but after the jays series he may start serving his time .

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone hearing anything on this lately that i might have missed? Last I knew they thought it would take place after the jays series.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone hearing anything on this lately that i might have missed? Last I knew they thought it would take place after the jays series.

Hate to say this... but given the benefit of hindsight, part of me wonders if Machado could have helped the team more by serving the suspension right away?

(Here's my line of reasoning: Since the incident, Machado has been batting 0.205 / 0.244 / 0.282 / 0.526... which isn't great. However, his recent performance suggests that he might be getting out of the "mini-slump." This means that the team might miss out on a few at-bats that could potentially be more productive... if Machado's penalty isn't reduced.)

Last edited by a moderator: