• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well 5-0 and I still don't know

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are any good. On one hand our,opponents ( aside from North Texas ) seem to be faring pretty well with a combined 12-2 record when they aren't playing Iowa but I just can't get a good read on this team. Doesn't really seem all that different from last year's except we are winning the close ones. 5-0 is 5-0 though so I'll take it

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa's defense is great. Going into Camp Randall with no rushing TDs allowed and leaving the same way should be impressive. If Tevaun played, what impact would he have had on that game.

Plus, Duzey, Daniels, and Ott are healthy now. Top 10? I wouldn't say that yet. Maybe if they stay undefeated after Northwestern, but I don't think there are 25+ other teams playing better on both sides of the ball than Iowa.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Beathard is a better runner than his former teammate, the offense has a unsuspecting element and the Whiskey game exposed what the offensive line has to do against tougher opposing defenses!:nod:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also feel the coaching staff's attitude has changed a lot. KF's attempting a FG on 4th down from deep in
Wisco territory would have been automatic in recent years past. The coaches seem to be finally progressing past the usual complete conservative approach and taking some chances.

I think this rubs off in a positive way on the players.

This is an improved Hawk team in a lot of ways.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people bring up the difference in coaching and I guess I haven't seen it since the Cy-Hawk game. I believe that is the last time they did a fake FG. Ferentz has never been scared of going for it on 4th.

There are some things I think they could do better, like bootleg and play-action more in red zone. I think the big difference is the confidence is more visible. Beathard is getting all the credit for that (and he might be the biggest contributor to that) but Ferentz seems to have a new attitude, at least not during the game. He is same ol' gum-chewing, stone-face there on the sideline.

After watching BTN's B1G Live, I am far more concerned with Illinois than Northwestern. They talked about how Northwestern is horrible at passing and if they can't run the ball, they are not in good shape on offense. That lines up perfectly vs Iowa D. Good vs the run and not great passing means good game for King.

But Illinois having seven 4th Q comebacks in the last 1 1/2 years and Lunt leading the way is something impressive. They might not be "good" but they seem to have that "nothing to lose" attitude. That is super dangerous.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is good. Offense is ok.

Winning the winnable game.

We can beat Northwestern at Northwestern. Don't sleep on Illinois this week and we should be fine.