• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welker possible concussion?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully there was no concussion because how many more can any person take?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like initial tests have come back that he does have a concussion. How serious of one don't know yet but some are a little worried he could miss a game or two. Get ready rookie Latimer because you might be stepping in sooner than you thought.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u think it would be lattimer? he dont really fill the welker role

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanders in the slot with Latimer outside? Hopefully Welker is back soon, but I think that Denver can manage while he's out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Latimer would be on the outside with Sanders in the middle. Not my favorite combo honestly as I don't see Sanders being great in the middle as he is not made to take the punishment like that of Welker has his entire career.

The other thing I could actually see the Broncos do is go more 2-TE sets with Tamme and Thomas in at the same time. Keeps Sanders on the outside but gives us still 4 great receiving options on the field. Tamme is probably trusted by Manning more than any other player on our team. He isn't the most athletic but he makes the clutch catches and knows where to be on the field.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Andre Caldwell and Manning developed pretty good chemistry last season. I would not be surprised to see him as the primary slot guy this year with Sanders and Latimer outside a majority of the time.

Very glad we drafted Latimer and signed Sanders.

Go Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it was very minor as news today is he is expected to be ready for the opener. Very surprising but he did walk off the field pretty easily after the hit.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Andre Caldwell and Manning developed pretty good chemistry last season. I would not be surprised to see him as the primary slot guy this year with Sanders and Latimer outside a majority of the time.

Very glad we drafted Latimer and signed Sanders.

Go Broncos!

I agree. I was not sure how Caldwell would adjust playing in the slot but I figured it would be better than using Sanders there. Caldwell has better size than Sanders and Welker, and a very underrated set of hands. Most importantly, he seems to understand what Manning expects of him. A player like Caldwell would be a solid #2 WR on most teams. He's buried in Denver, not because he lacks skill, but there is so much depth at his position.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders would fill that role no doubt. Thomas & Thomas would be the main targets but Sanders as a third option would flourish. I think Welker will miss game 1 for precautionary reasons and should be back week 2.

I'm calling a breakout year for Saunders and Ball.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it was very minor as news today is he is expected to be ready for the opener. Very surprising but he did walk off the field pretty easily after the hit.

Hopefully it is very minor and he's ready to go v. Indy. Good news is that he has three weeks to recover and that both Sanders and Caldwell are reliable replacements if Welker isn't ready. Depth is so critical to success. Fortunately, we have good depth at WR.