• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welker on PED's??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the unassuming suspects, little blue eyed Wes Welker nailed 4 games for adderal. . Which also suggests this wasn't his first oopsie.

Go out and grab Cody Latimore, or Caldwell... I'd take Latimore personally.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the unassuming suspects, little blue eyed Wes Welker nailed 4 games for adderal. . Which also suggests this wasn't his first oopsie.

Go out and grab Cody Latimore, or Caldwell... I'd take Latimore personally.

I drafted him last night.............because his index finger is longer than his middle finger..............:suds:
Actually I was just taking some shots and got lucky.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted him last night.............because his index finger is longer than his middle finger..............:suds:
Actually I was just taking some shots and got lucky.

Well if measurables were all that mattered (no intended commentary on the finger thing), Latimore and DT will be next seasons (2015) Alshon and Marshall... but with Manning instead of Cutler...frigging scary on paper. We'll have to see if Cody "measures up" to his "measurables".

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if measurables were all that mattered (no intended commentary on the finger thing), Latimore and DT will be next seasons (2015) Alshon and Marshall... but with Manning instead of Cutler...frigging scary on paper. We'll have to see if Cody "measures up" to his "measurables".

Lol.......now it's time to post how smart I am on the main page of that league where they hate me and want me to lose every game. They actually laughed when I drafted this guy with my 16th round pick.............lmmfao! Like I'll admit I was just taking a shot. As far as those assholes are concerned; I menat to do that!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted Emanuel Sanders so hope this gives alittle bump

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimore has a lot of potential, but I think it's foolish to expect anything out of him irregardless if he's in mannings offense or not. The kid is a rookie and needs some time to acclimate himself into the offense. I doubt he's fantasy relevant this year. How many rookie receivers are actually fantasy relevant? Not many...

I actually think Caldwell becomes more valuable here. Lattimore will have more fantasy value next year.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly TREFF, what are they saying in your neck of the woods? Caldwell sucks but he is the #3 right now right? I think I try to package him and find a sucker, I mean interested party and upgrade at WR2...........

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, I drafted him too :L But it was in the 10th round so I don't feel too bad about it. When suspension is over his head should be clear too.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly TREFF, what are they saying in your neck of the woods? Caldwell sucks but he is the #3 right now right? I think I try to package him and find a sucker, I mean interested party and upgrade at WR2...........

Having not been in my neck of the woods the past five days. . Is hard to say. But last word is they gush about the guy. Had a very good preseason... has been getting a little work with the ones in practice, especially red zone packages.

On the other hand, Caldwell already has a little bit of proven success with Manning, towards the end of last year he was pretty dang good. Hard choice to make today. . But if the future weighs in your decision at all, Latimer is the easy choice

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you have to worry about choosing either anyway you're probably fucked.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, I drafted him too :L But it was in the 10th round so I don't feel too bad about it. When suspension is over his head should be clear too.

Yeah, if you got him that late I think it is a blessing in disguise. I think Welker has a very good chance of getting concussed again this year. This rest might help him. If not, it makes it so the liklihood of him getting another concussion before the byes begin basically a zero. After that, he might be able to stay healthy enough for a long enough time to have you're top Wrs covered for their byes.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you got him that late I think it is a blessing in disguise. I think Welker has a very good chance of getting concussed again this year. This rest might help him. If not, it makes it so the liklihood of him getting another concussion before the byes begin basically a zero. After that, he might be able to stay healthy enough for a long enough time to have you're top Wrs covered for their byes.

Yeah, I'll keep him for now and hope he might be able to step in if one of my main WR's gets hurt in the first few weeks.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you have to worry about choosing either anyway you're probably fucked.

Or you are trying to find a guy off waivers that has 10+ TD potential.
Not sure if you noticed or not last season, but Manning carried 4 receiving options into double digit TDs.
I'm not saying that it'll happen again by any means, but still, going with one of Peyton's WRs is a far shout away from being "fucked".

Especially if you can dump a guy you drafted as a long shot after the 14th rd and replace him with a WR that will be on the field for the majority of the snaps for at least 3 straight games for the Broncos.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you are trying to find a guy off waivers that has 10+ TD potential.
Not sure if you noticed or not last season, but Manning carried 4 receiving options into double digit TDs.
I'm not saying that it'll happen again by any means, but still, going with one of Peyton's WRs is a far shout away from being "fucked".

Especially if you can dump a guy you drafted as a long shot after the 14th rd and replace him with a WR that will be on the field for the majority of the snaps for at least 3 straight games for the Broncos.

There's a name, a situation, and then there's actual talent.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who drafted Sanders must be pretty pleased right now.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Chef..... I picked up Sanders and that is who I see can have the boost impact. I thought about picking up the rookie or cadwell but didn't, sticking with Sanders at flex...

-DUB-

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Welker in round 8... Glad I didn't invest too much into him

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Chef..... I picked up Sanders and that is who I see can have the boost impact. I thought about picking up the rookie or cadwell but didn't, sticking with Sanders at flex...

-DUB-

I picked up Sanders late round too. Could give us a boost

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this holds true

(FFChamps)Broncos rookie receiver Cody Latimer will likely get more playing time with Wes Welker suspended the first four games of the season according to the Denver Post.
Analysis: Denver plans to move Emmanuel Sanders into the slot in the absence of Welker, so Latimer will line up opposite DeMaryius Thomas. With the way Peyton Manning likes to spread the ball around, Latimer could see major production the first four weeks of the season. This also means that the rookie has moved in front of Andre Caldwell on the receivers depth chart.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of dropping Welker. However... he plays against the Patriots this weekend. And I have this hunch that his new buddy Peyton will showcase Wes in front of his old buddy Mr. Bundchen.

No? Yes?