• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WELCOME TO THE BALL ERA

Is Lonzo already the best Poing Guard in the league?

• Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • THE GOAT

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • DJ is a massive faggot (NTTAWWT)

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident that any day now someone is going to say that the Laker suckage over the last decade or so was an elaborate scheme to get him. It's probably already happened.

Decade? It's been 4 years, lol. After getting CP3 yanked out of their hands, then having both the Howard and Nash trades flame out on them, they went for the rebuild. Some of it was intentional, some of it was Jimmy (Short) Buss rotting things from inside, some of it was the Kobe farewell tour. It was a scheme to get young talent, and they really seem to have hit the past two drafts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo couldn't even average better than 40% from the field in friggin' summer league...

Damn! Better trade his ass. Think anyone is gullible enough to trade a late 2nd rounder for him?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... watching that "defensive intensity" from Melo... when the game is on the line, no less... is just... so Melo.

No wonder the Knicks can't find a good trade for that guy... :heh:
Is that the reason they named him the Summer League MVP? And averaged very close to a triple double every game he played?

I don't follow your defective logic here, Help me out chuckles

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the reason they named him the Summer League MVP? And averaged very close to a triple double every game he played?

I don't follow your defective logic here, Help me out chuckles
Seemed like a fair point when some folk argue he'll shoot around 50% from the floor against real pro's.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like a fair point when some folk argue he'll shoot around 50% from the floor against real pro's.
Actually most or all of the players were two years in the league at the most. I wouldn't call them pros until they hit about 25 to 27 years old depending on the player. Still two of the teams were stacked with players that had been in the NBA for two years and the Lakers became the lowest seed ever to make the playoffs and win the entire deal. I wasn't sold on Ball until he played(my mother came from Missouri -the show me state), but the dude did some outstanding passing and making players better that has not been seen since Magic Johnson. His first couple of games weren't the greatest, but then he picked up speed and won the MVP of the summer league. That's not the NBA, but I think that is a damned good step to make in his growth. Now if he can enter the NBA and hold his own without injuries - we will see. His shooting does need some work though. I agree on that

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually most or all of the players were two years in the league at the most. I wouldn't call them pros until they hit about 25 to 27 years old depending on the player.
Not sure why you're saying any of this to me. Reread what I said, perhaps.
TLF said:
Still two of the teams were stacked with players that had been in the NBA for two years and the Lakers became the lowest seed ever to make the playoffs and win the entire deal.
It's summer league, dude. Perspective.
TLF said:
I wasn't sold on Ball until he played(my mother came from Missouri -the show me state), but the dude did some outstanding passing and making players better that has not been seen since Magic Johnson. His first couple of games weren't the greatest, but then he picked up speed and won the MVP of the summer league. That's not the NBA, but I think that is a damned good step to make in his growth. Now if he can enter the NBA and hold his own without injuries - we will see. His shooting does need some work though. I agree on that
He looked good overall, I'll admit... showed good potential.

Long term, I'd be psyched about him if I were a Lakers fan. These short term predictions about how he'll immediately perform, however... I doubt them very much. Ball is a skinny kid with a weird shot. He's not gonna shoot well from the field his rookie season, IMO.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you're saying any of this to me. Reread what I said, perhaps.

He looked good overall, I'll admit... showed good potential.

Long term, I'd be psyched about him if I were a Lakers fan. These short term predictions about how he'll immediately perform, however... I doubt them very much. Ball is a skinny kid with a weird shot. He's not gonna shoot well from the field his rookie season, IMO.
I responded to you because you said something about Ball not being a good player. Yeah - I am concerned about the weird shot, but if it continues to work, I say leave it alone

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I responded to you because you said something about Ball not being a good player.
That's not what I said...

More like... his FG% sucked in summer league, what makes anyone think it's gonna be decent his 1st year of real NBA ball?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said...

More like... his FG% sucked in summer league, what makes anyone think it's gonna be decent his 1st year of real NBA ball?
His fg didn't suck though

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His fg didn't suck though
Now you're talking semantics...

What negative adjective would you rather assign?

For the level of competition... it sucked.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're talking semantics...

What negative adjective would you rather assign?

For the level of competition... it sucked.
Don't agree. 16 points 8 rebounds and 9 assists at 38 percent was a good start. Not concerned yet

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree. 16 points 8 rebounds and 9 assists at 38 percent was a good start. Not concerned yet
I'm not saying any reasonable person should be concerned...

... I'm saying Lonzo is probably not gonna be very efficient in his rookie season. I only made this claim in response to folks who projected otherwise.

More than his shot... he's a skinny rookie. He hasn't come into any kind of NBA body yet. He's gonna have a tough time finishing in a man's league...

... this isn't cause for panic. This is what most rookies have to go through.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was already efficient though. Thats the reason he got no of the summer league and took the lowest seed ever to a championship. What part of his passing and assist do you think was poor.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bow down, bitches.....most of y'all aren't worthy of gargling Ball's nut splooge....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention that the Lakers were favored to win the summer league going in. So, that 0-2 start could have been pretty embarrassing had they not gotten their shit together.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is a skinny kid with a weird shot. He's not gonna shoot well from the field his rookie season, IMO.

:L

Good thing he's a pass first point guard and the Lakers aren't looking for him to score then.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first two games were terruble but Ball got better

His shooting for the first game was horrible...he was 2-15. His 2nd game wasn't as bad, but still wasn't good.

After that, if I recall what I heard correctly, I believe he shot pretty close to 50%.