• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WELCOME TO THE BALL ERA

Is Lonzo already the best Poing Guard in the league?

• Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • THE GOAT

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • DJ is a massive faggot (NTTAWWT)

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting for the first game was horrible...he was 2-15. His 2nd game wasn't as bad, but still wasn't good.

After that, if I recall what I heard correctly, I believe he shot pretty close to 50%.
That's what I was saying and i remember in Physics lab at the college you could throw out the results from your worst experiment. In this case the worst two and you Have an accurate reading

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term said:
Ball is a skinny kid with a weird shot. He's not gonna shoot well from the field his rookie season, IMO.[/B]

I guess having an abundance of basketball IQ, ain't saying much.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way the reports are that London Ball is entering the NBA as a top ten point guard

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Good thing he's a pass first point guard and the Lakers aren't looking for him to score then.
Dude, my comments didn't come out of nowhere...

... they were in direct response to posters claiming Lonzo would shoot a decent % from the field.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... they were in direct response to posters claiming Lonzo would shoot a decent % from the field.

There are a couple of things you're missing though.

First, a big part of the reason his shooting percentage was so low was because he shot poorly his first 2 games, especially the first game when he shot 2-15. In the other games he played, he shot at around 50%. Because of the small number of games played in the summer league, those first 2 games have a bigger impact on his overall shooting percentage than they would over a larger sample size.

Second, he may very well shoot a decent percentage. Pretty much anyone who saw Magic play, knows he was not a good outside shooter, especially early in his career. Yet, he shot 53% from the field as a rookie. The reason was because the majority of his shots were close to the basket.

Lonzo's shots will likely be very similar to Magic's rookie year in that most will come off of drives to the basket or wide open shots where his form and slow release won't be as much of a factor.

So, like Magic, Lonzo may well shoot a decent percentage, but it won't be because he's a great shooter. It'll be because of drives to the basket and getting left wide open.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did after the first two games - Shot 50% - Are you saying 50% isn't a decent %?:dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd:

Reactions: TJL

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, a big part of the reason his shooting percentage was so low was because he shot poorly his first 2 games, especially the first game when he shot 2-15. In the other games he played, he shot at around 50%. Because of the small number of games played in the summer league, those first 2 games have a bigger impact on his overall shooting percentage than they would over a larger sample size.

Second, he may very well shoot a decent percentage. Pretty much anyone who saw Magic play, knows he was not a good outside shooter, especially early in his career. Yet, he shot 53% from the field as a rookie. The reason was because the majority of his shots were close to the basket.

Lonzo's shots will likely be very similar to Magic's rookie year in that most will come off of drives to the basket or wide open shots where his form and slow release won't be as much of a factor.

So, like Magic, Lonzo may well shoot a decent percentage, but it won't be because he's a great shooter. It'll be because of drives to the basket and getting left wide open.

Lonzo will lead the league in shots getting blocked. HE needs to change that form.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lonzo has some similarities to Magic... especially with the passing...

But his body type appears to be different... he's a shade or two skinnier. As I have stated, it's gonna be hard for him to get those short shots when he's going up against real pro's night in and night out.

Might be a different story some time down the line... 2 or 3 years into his career... once he gets some NBA strength development... and if his frame can handle it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo will lead the league in shots getting blocked. HE needs to change that form.

Not if he's only shooting when he's wide open he won't. But I agree, if he tries to actually get that shot off with someone on him...it's gonna end up in the 6th row.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo has some similarities to Magic... especially with the passing...

But his body type appears to be different... he's a shade or two skinnier. As I have stated, it's gonna be hard for him to get those short shots when he's going up against real pro's night in and night out.

Might be a different story some time down the line... 2 or 3 years into his career... once he gets some NBA strength development... and if his frame can handle it.

Yeah, Magic was bigger than Lonzo is. Lonzo is definitely gonna need to get some muscle on him. I'm sure an NBA level weight training program will help with that. Hopefully he and Ingram are being held hostage in the weight room and being force fed FatBurgers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Magic was bigger than Lonzo is. Lonzo is definitely gonna need to get some muscle on him. I'm sure an NBA level weight training program will help with that. Hopefully he and Ingram are being held hostage in the weight room and being force fed FatBurgers.
The ones at Fuddruckers are bigger and better. Just saying:lol:

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean from other PG? his 6'6 and already bigger, and taller than most PG. He even showed some decent post moves in summer league, when he had a miss match.

56a68f3cc73e9.image.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball wants to pass first, so he will only take a contested jumper if he's up against the shot clock. I'm not too worried about blocks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball wants to pass first, so he will only take a contested jumper if he's up against the shot clock. I'm not too worried about blocks.

Yeah, that's my thought too. If he were a point guard that looked to score first, or even second, then I could see where there would be concern over blocked shots. But we're talking about a guy who pretty much only shoots when it's a drive to the basket or he has been left open. He's not going to be taking many contested shots.

I do think that he may need to quicken his release a little though. With his slow release, if he's not wide open, NBA level players can still recover and get there to contest the shot where most of the summer league guys can't.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Lonzo Ball will get some or many shots blocked. Big deal so did Kobe and every other player that's ever played in the NBA. Blocked shots will help Lonzo Ball become a better player and he will add that aspect of the game to his ball skills. He's a rookie and we expect there to be a learning curve. Some of these 'NON-Lakers fans are just jealous