• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week Two vs CIN Bengals

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week one result...I projected a win, we lost 16-9...the silver lining was everyone else in the DIV also lost so we're not in terrible shape position wise.

MNF in CIN...I'm in line with the national media in thinking CIN has the best collection of talent overall in the DIV...the skinny is Dalton has not really played well vs the PIT DEF scoring 13,17,7,17, and 7 in the previous 5 match ups.

It goes w/o saying that the PIT OFC has to make a huge leap from week one to have a chance in this game...I think they will play better but breaking in a new C...makes me a little uneasy...I don't like our chances in this one...a pretty aggressive front 7 @ home...Haley has to be more aggressive this week with the play calls...3rd and long all night I don't think the OL is going to hold up.

Bottomline is I'm not thinking the PIT OFC will improve that much in a week one...I'm going CIN 20, PIT 17...hope I'm wrong. Maybe the DEF can get a score or setup one to turn this one our way.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week one result...I projected a win, we lost 16-9...the silver lining was everyone else in the DIV also lost so we're not in terrible shape position wise.

MNF in CIN...I'm in line with the national media in thinking CIN has the best collection of talent overall in the DIV...the skinny is Dalton has not really played well vs the PIT DEF scoring 13,17,7,17, and 7 in the previous 5 match ups.

It goes w/o saying that the PIT OFC has to make a huge leap from week one to have a chance in this game...I think they will play better but breaking in a new C...makes me a little uneasy...I don't like our chances in this one...a pretty aggressive front 7 @ home...Haley has to be more aggressive this week with the play calls...3rd and long all night I don't think the OL is going to hold up.

Bottomline is I'm not thinking the PIT OFC will improve that much in a week one...I'm going CIN 20, PIT 17...hope I'm wrong. Maybe the DEF can get a score or setup one to turn this one our way.

Yea I'm thinking that the DEF is going to have to create turnovers for this one to even be close. I picture Atkins, Peko & Johnson dining at an "all you can eat QB buffet" on Monday. But like you said, Dalton will struggle like he always does against PIT's defense. But if PIT's O can't sustain drives, then the DEF will get gassed and start to lose the battle.

From what I am reading, Valesco isn't going to start. Which would be a mistake because Beachum does not have the size or strength to take Atkins head on for 4 quarters. I think it's more of an insurance ploy by Tomlin because they have probably been grinding Valesco all week in practice trying to get him ready, and if he doesn't grasp it in time, then Tomlin will look good by having named Beachum the starter. On a positive note, Valesco operated very well in a zone blocking scheme for 16 games last season. Should be an "easy" transition to Haley's offense.

My prediction: CIN 17 - PIT 13 (The usual AFCN low scoring contest)

It's going to come down to turnovers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm thinking that the DEF is going to have to create turnovers for this one to even be close. I picture Atkins, Peko & Johnson dining at an "all you can eat QB buffet" on Monday. But like you said, Dalton will struggle like he always does against PIT's defense. But if PIT's O can't sustain drives, then the DEF will get gassed and start to lose the battle.

From what I am reading, Valesco isn't going to start. Which would be a mistake because Beachum does not have the size or strength to take Atkins head on for 4 quarters. I think it's more of an insurance ploy by Tomlin because they have probably been grinding Valesco all week in practice trying to get him ready, and if he doesn't grasp it in time, then Tomlin will look good by having named Beachum the starter. On a positive note, Valesco operated very well in a zone blocking scheme for 16 games last season. Should be an "easy" transition to Haley's offense.

My prediction: CIN 17 - PIT 13 (The usual AFCN low scoring contest)

It's going to come down to turnovers.

I'm happy to have Valesco actually because I wasn't sold on paying Pouncey a big 2nd contract anyway...but coming off an ACL/MCL (like Miller)...he's looking at not playing a game until about this time next year at the earliest.

The good is CIN best pressure guys are inside so you would hope that Adams and Gilbert can man up on their edge guys...they have to be growing frustrated with Dunlap.

Whether its Beachum or Valesco you're not going to win many battles with Atkins, but reportedly Valesco has pretty decent history vs Peko...I think Haley will have run to Peko's side mostly.

The OFC just looked so bad that Idk how much you can fix in a week, but I do expect improvement. Paulson and or Wheaton imo must factor for PIT have a chance...Brown & Sanders are not enough.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is going to need to make some plays this weekend to pull this one out. I just have zero confidence that the O-line will hold up against Cinci's front seven. Calling this one, though...

I'm looking for Jarvis Jones to make some noise in his first start :D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is going to need to make some plays this weekend to pull this one out. I just have zero confidence that the O-line will hold up against Cinci's front seven. Calling this one, though...

I'm looking for Jarvis Jones to make some noise in his first start :D

Agreed...the OFC might need a short field, maybe two...I think the OL will play better even with a new C...DeCastro needs to play great for his own mental health I think.

I think Wheaton and Paulson are going to have to make some plays as well.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. I guess its gameday...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember to keep your expectations low... Its better to be surprised

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got AJ Green, Andy Dalton & Cinci's D starting in fantasy. I'm happy either way.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too have Cincy's D starting, and I'm losing by 3 points. They should be able to get me the win... SHOULD*... I bet Steelers D will have a good outing. Don't expect a huge game from Dalton or Green.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too have Cincy's D starting, and I'm losing by 3 points. They should be able to get me the win... SHOULD*... I bet Steelers D will have a good outing. Don't expect a huge game from Dalton or Green.

I don't know what to expect to be honest. Haven't seen Pitt's offense do a damn thing all year so far. I doubt Haley drew up a new playbook this week. D on the field all night = tired D.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to expect to be honest. Haven't seen Pitt's offense do a damn thing all year so far. I doubt Haley drew up a new playbook this week. D on the field all night = tired D.

Yea that's what I said in the other thread. If the offense can at least sustain drives then the defense shouldn't have a problem containing Dalton. I still predict a loss nonetheless! Like I said, low expectations!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there going to be a general forum thread started for tonights game??

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that's what I said in the other thread. If the offense can at least sustain drives then the defense shouldn't have a problem containing Dalton. I still predict a loss nonetheless! Like I said, low expectations!

We're all predicting a loss...how much lower can we go? You want us to predict getting blown out? lol!!

I haven't felt this gloomy about a game in a while actually...but, I'm convinced the OFC will play better than week 1 (if not, Haley needs to start packing his bags)...the problem, I have no idea who will make plays outside of Brown.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all predicting a loss...how much lower can we go? You want us to predict getting blown out? lol!!

I haven't felt this gloomy about a game in a while actually...but, I'm convinced the OFC will play better than week 1 (if not, Haley needs to start packing his bags)...the problem, I have no idea who will make plays outside of Brown.

Maybe Ben will go no-huddle and take the game into his own hands. I have a feeling Ben's patience will wear thin with Haley after tonight.

If nobody else other than Brown, maybe Ben could also just start running the ball himself. Couldn't be any worse than what Redman was doing. I can see it now, Roethlisberger 20/40 100yds passing & 150yds rushing.... :laugh3:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint about Arians was his unwillingness or inability to change play calling to suit the circumstances (remember, we had some decimated OLs over the last few years. How much Haley changes the game plan to adjust for the OL situation will be telling.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint about Arians was his unwillingness or inability to change play calling to suit the circumstances (remember, we had some decimated OLs over the last few years. How much Haley changes the game plan to adjust for the OL situation will be telling.

Yea Arians was definitely frustrating. I think Sean Kugler had a lot to do with the O-line patch work. Now that he is gone and Bicknell is here, we will have to wait and see!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Ben will go no-huddle and take the game into his own hands. I have a feeling Ben's patience will wear thin with Haley after tonight.

If nobody else other than Brown, maybe Ben could also just start running the ball himself. Couldn't be any worse than what Redman was doing. I can see it now, Roethlisberger 20/40 100yds passing & 150yds rushing.... :laugh3:

lol...a lot of players are going to be on notice tonight...10-6 was my thoughts coming in...wk 1 was really ugly...I've said I'm going to reserve judgement until after the bye.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you guys, remember when the Patriots and the Steelers didn't suck?! That was fun ;)

Good luck tonight fellas~