• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6 Miami Dolphins - Tennessee Titans Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time to take control of the game threads. A cheatriots fan creating them seems to be bad lucky.

So far, no one fired after the Jets game, nor should anyone be - if anything, it should be the DC. That said, the Dolphins did show a pulse late in the game and did some good things - had they not dug such a deep early hole, they could've made it a game towards the end. So, I think that should put to rest any bogus idea that these guys " quit" on the coaches.

There was a lot of penalties that the Jets got away with.

Had we established any kind of a running game, we would have had a chance.

Against the Titans, after the bye week - things will start to get better - the bye week will serve them well. Give them a breather - get back on track - address their issues, which can be fixed from within and come out with a better performance the rest of the way. 1-3 is not the ideal start but now is time to simply regroup and get better the rest of the way. Few as they may be, build on the good things and correct the errors. Its not over. Football is a 4 quarter game, and so is the season - the first quarter of the season didn't go as planned - 3 more to go. Its not even half time yet.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time to take control of the game threads. A cheatriots fan creating them seems to be bad lucky.

So far, no one fired after the Jets game, nor should anyone be - if anything, it should be the DC. That said, the Dolphins did show a pulse late in the game and did some good things - had they not dug such a deep early hole, they could've made it a game towards the end. So, I think that should put to rest any bogus idea that these guys " quit" on the coaches.

There was a lot of penalties that the Jets got away with.

Had we established any kind of a running game, we would have had a chance.

Against the Titans, after the bye week - things will start to get better - the bye week will serve them well. Give them a breather - get back on track - address their issues, which can be fixed from within and come out with a better performance the rest of the way. 1-3 is not the ideal start but now is time to simply regroup and get better the rest of the way. Few as they may be, build on the good things and correct the errors. Its not over. Football is a 4 quarter game, and so is the season - the first quarter of the season didn't go as planned - 3 more to go. Its not even half time yet.
Sorry bro but you are more than a little delusional. To even suggest that the coaches aren't remotely at fault for not preparing this team to play is beyond any common sense. You mentioned before that Walker is a non-biased reporter and guess what he's saying? I love your optimism but this problem needs to be fixed or they will be doomed!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call me delusional, yet I just went back to read my post and at NO point did I say the coaches weren't at fault. I am simply saying its not all on them, and ultimate blame is on the players who are on the field of play with ultimate control of the outcome of a game. Preparation may not have been good enough for the start of the game but some adjustments were made at half time to get the defense going as well as the offense - unfortunately the hole was too deep to dig out of.

I saw what James Walker said, he said some changes are necessary - no one argues that - the problems are fixable and the answers are within. Jeff Darlington of NFL.com a former Dolphins beat writer - suggested Jim Schwartz who coached Suh with the Lions - get rid of Coyle and bring in Schwartz and a lot of our problems will be fixed.

Offensively , today the problem was again no running game and no commitment to it - And Tannehill falling in love with Landry a little much - we have weapons all over the offense, no reason to fall in love with just one guy - spread it around and some crazy things will happen

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to my response, you and I go way back from the cbs sports message boards, so I know you have been following this team for a long time - so I tell you this - since the glory days of Shula how many coaches and front office personnel have we had come through the organization and haven't done much in far too long? We make changes at HC, at the coordinators position, front office, yet little to nothing changes - at some point we have to realize maybe those guys aren't the problem - maybe constantly making changes in the front office, HC and even QB isn't the answer - maybe , at some point we have to hold the players accountable and they have to do the same for themselves. That is why I still believe in Philbin as our HC and Tannehill as our QB. They take responsibility and accountability when asked the tough questions and you see them trying to get things going - but the other guys aren't following along. The Dolphins may need to make lineup changes because there are a few bad eggs on the team holding the rest of the guys back. The effort from our guys was is there, its just uneven because some guys are actually trying while others aren't. Greg Jennings is another high profile player on the team to support the staff but also point out that there are a few guys on the team that aren't necessarily on the same page. Get rid of them or relegate them to lesser roles and use guys that really want it.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mairota will be a nightmare for Fins D, Titans by 14

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Paolo....I mean, you could be right to an extent, but its been going on 4 yrs and Joe (and the front office) has had more than enough time to implement 'their kind of players' onto the team. I just find it really hard to believe, at this juncture, they're still dealing with players that seemingly don't fit their schemes. And even IF that was the case, you're telling me that its the few 'bad eggs' on this team that is making the Dolphins look so incredibly inept? Very hard for me buy that. It very well could be, that there still are a few players that need to go...and hopefully those guys will be dealt with. In my opinion, its our horrible front office and the ridiculous draft picks/free agent signings. Its our obviously 'unprepared' coaching staff, that clearly has no answer for what the opposition does each and every week. Lastly, its the morale of this team....that appears to be at an all time low. More than likely due to losses that are piling up. Not to mention dissention within the locker room. I have a sick feeling that perhaps the only thing that is going to cure this teams ailments is an entirely new coaching staff and perhaps an overhaul of our front office. Nothing will change in Tennessee, Titans will 24-14.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...I meant Titans will WIN, 24-14.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Paolo I guess I was right...not happy about it believe me as Philbin is a good guy but Philbin had 4 years and the team seems to be getting worse not better. All will be for naught if Coyle isn't turfed as well. Some people are saying Ross wanted him gone but Philbin stood by him so he had to go to. We'll see.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Day. Back from the most heated bye week for the Fins in recent times. The Miami media stayed true to themselves in overhyping the hiring of Dan Campbell and adding more negative fuel to the firing of Philbin - tirelessly reiterating how different things have been in PRACTICE for the Dolphins under Campbell thus far - But again, I will give you the famous Allen Iverion practice rant ' We are talking about practice - not a game - practice! All this hype we have been hearing about how Campbell is doing things different in practice and all that will turn out to be absolute crap if it doesn't translate in to wins - plural. The odds are stacked against Campbell as a coach hired in an interim capacity in the middle of a season according to NFL stats - A complete turn around is needed to show that this franchise is headed in the right direction. One win today defines nothing - so lets not over do it one way or another.

We promoted our secondary coach to DC - the defense has been the weakest link to the point so this move will be interesting to see how it turns out.

The first offensive and defensive drive for the fins will be very telling to if any of the changes made will actually make a difference in the LONG RUN not just today.

Fins up!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimes and Albert will play today

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes any change is a good change. I believe that the season was lost against Buffalo but if anything let's see what they got here. Maybe the changes will surprise us!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBS pre-game crew talking about all the things Dan Campbell has said and done since being named interim coach - they don't think, much like I said, that the coaching change will change too much unless the players got it done themselves because its on them - they have to take accountability and responsibility as coach Cowher said

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami will receive - unsure if they won the toss or not though

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stills, landry and Matthews starting at WR - and good to see us getting started with some runs and getting yards

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins convert on third down - thats something

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid first drive that ends in a TD. a good start - now lets see what the defense does - don't hold your breath

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the defense we have seen all season thus far

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CMON SUH!!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bone-headed to blow a timeout there to settle for a FG

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
through one quarter - Dolphins D looks like the same D of previous weeks - at least offense looks better