• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 - WAS

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons come in 4-0 off their most dominating performance in a long time...the Redskins are somewhat of a surprise also being 2-2 behind Kirk Cousins. They won a close DIV game at home vs PHI.

Injured list.

Hester (toe)...designated to IR to return...week 13 is the earliest we will see him play.

Coleman (ribs) has been practicing this week, but no word on his status yet. They it's a pain tolerance issue....sounds like he may take some snaps if no setbacks

Tamme (concussion protocol)...he wasn't cleared last week...I understand they simply repeat the steps and monitor.

Durant (elbow)...most likely out.

One common fiber here is Shananhan...now the OC in ATL, he was previously the OC in WAS before going to CLE...With Morris and Jones, the Falcons are going to face probably the best running team on the schedule....DeSean Jackson is a maybe at this point with a hammy but they have some young guys stepping up.

Keys to the game...start fast again on OFC...make Cousins beat you...in other words...need to keep the running game down under 4 yds a pop, and keep them in 3rd and long...pass rush as been okay so far...need to ramp up and they could force a turnover or two.

I see this being a close, fairly low scoring affair, but I do think ATL will win at home 26-20 or something like that.

What say you?

B

bravesfan1

well, think the falcons will def. come away with this, im thinkng 30-16

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Faguars country TV was not kind to me, so I did not get the game. However, looking at the box score, I can give some thoughts:
  • Matt Ryan's stats don't look so good today. Was it the O-line or him just having a bad day?
  • Freeman went nuts again (and also made bank for my fantasy team). I'm becoming more and more convinced that he's a star.
  • Despite the offensive struggles, the defense didn't do so bad, and they got the game winning play.
  • I heard Bryant missed two easy FGs.
Looks like we definitely could have played a better game against what is supposed to be a not very good team, but, hey, it's the NFL; any team can win any day. Falcons 5-0 now! :suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game y'all.

Heartbreaker loss for us but we battled hard and when it counted most, Falcons took it to the house.

Devonta is shifty, fast and a wonder to watch. I expect to see him continue to show up for you guys. Plays with a ton of heart.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game y'all.

Heartbreaker loss for us but we battled hard and when it counted most, Falcons took it to the house.

Devonta is shifty, fast and a wonder to watch. I expect to see him continue to show up for you guys. Plays with a ton of heart.

Not the prettiest game to watch from either side...Ryan (both Matts actually) clearly had his worst day in quite some time imo, but when the Falcons needed him the most...the 80 yd drive to give ATL the lead 19-16, he was clutch.

The surprise...ATL run DEF.

I think I mentioned to someone that Alford gets picked on a lot, but he will make plays...on the pick 6...in his postgame presser he said...he felt he was coming his way anyway, but read the eyes and 3 step drop and knew he was going to the boundary with it...WR slipped to make the throw look worse than it was, but it was wrap once he caught it.