• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 vs. Jaguars

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we feeling about this game guys? I, for one, am worried this is another team we will struggle against. I'd like to say that the defense is gonna knock Blakey Boo on his ass but I can't say that with 100% confidence. I wasn't worried about the Bears game and look how that turned out. But, with that said, I still see a win, but hopefully this is a much cleaner game than some of the other games they've played so far.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry has started off the festivities this week.

Week 5...the 3-1 Steelers host the 2-2 Jaguars. Thru 4 games it's hard to say what the '17 Jags are all about. They rip HOU a new one in a week 1 on the road, then get ripped themselves at home a week later by TN....Week 3 they smoked the Ravens and lost a close one to the Jets in OT last week.

Of course we know PIT righted a 4 yr losing streak in BAL last week. Healthwise...I guess it's Mitchell and Gilbert again...they came out of the BAL game fairly healthy.

Outlook...I was more concerned about the CHI game than I have been this one largely because they lost to CHI, and they are home in this one. Everyone wants to see the Steelers blow the doors off somebody...I'm not sure if they blow the doors off JAX, but I expect them to cover the 8.5 pts. JAX has several young studs on DEF now in the front 7. The big key to this game will be establishing the running game and keeping 3rd down a manageable number. I think Ben will struggle if he's facing 3rd and long all day vs those young pass rushers.

I think the Steelers learned their lesson vs the Bears and will be fired up to protect the home field in a AFC match up....I like them by 2 possessions...28-17.

What say you!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry has started off the festivities this week.

Week 5...the 3-1 Steelers host the 2-2 Jaguars. Thru 4 games it's hard to say what the '17 Jags are all about. They rip HOU a new one in a week 1 on the road, then get ripped themselves at home a week later by TN....Week 3 they smoked the Ravens and lost a close one to the Jets in OT last week.

Of course we know PIT righted a 4 yr losing streak in BAL last week. Healthwise...I guess it's Mitchell and Gilbert again...they came out of the BAL game fairly healthy.

Outlook...I was more concerned about the CHI game than I have been this one largely because they lost to CHI, and they are home in this one. Everyone wants to see the Steelers blow the doors off somebody...I'm not sure if they blow the doors off JAX, but I expect them to cover the 8.5 pts. JAX has several young studs on DEF now in the front 7. The big key to this game will be establishing the running game and keeping 3rd down a manageable number. I think Ben will struggle if he's facing 3rd and long all day vs those young pass rushers.

I think the Steelers learned their lesson vs the Bears and will be fired up to protect the home field in a AFC match up....I like them by 2 possessions...28-17.

What say you!

I think the Jags can be a force in the AFC but their offense is such a roller coaster, it's not a good thing. With that said, the entire AFC South is a roller coaster right now. It's anyone's game at this point. I feel the AFC North is ours for the taking and we can run away with it very easily if we play smart. This game, albeit against the Jaguars, is a staple game for me. If we are able to play well against this defense and are able to stop Fournette and get to Blakey Boo, then I believe we are able to do this all season. This is a typical game that Pittsburgh had trouble with, but I believe, with Bell coming alive last week, I think we take this game in an easy route. With that said, I predict AB will get double covered, I believe guys like Eli, JuJu and Outlaw will be more open than usual and I think we will be able to take advantage of that. This defense is tough, despite last weeks game against the Jets. The Jags offense and defense are in the top 10 in the league. Fournette is on pace to record over 1100 yards and 16 total TDs. Stopping him will be key. If we can do that, the Jags will be forced to rely on Blake Bortles' arm which is not consistent whatsoever. I may root for UCF on Saturdays, but on Sunday, is all about the Black and Yellow baby.

Steelers 30
Jaguars 17

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jags can be a force in the AFC but their offense is such a roller coaster, it's not a good thing. With that said, the entire AFC South is a roller coaster right now. It's anyone's game at this point. I feel the AFC North is ours for the taking and we can run away with it very easily if we play smart. This game, albeit against the Jaguars, is a staple game for me. If we are able to play well against this defense and are able to stop Fournette and get to Blakey Boo, then I believe we are able to do this all season. This is a typical game that Pittsburgh had trouble with, but I believe, with Bell coming alive last week, I think we take this game in an easy route. With that said, I predict AB will get double covered, I believe guys like Eli, JuJu and Outlaw will be more open than usual and I think we will be able to take advantage of that. This defense is tough, despite last weeks game against the Jets. The Jags offense and defense are in the top 10 in the league. Fournette is on pace to record over 1100 yards and 16 total TDs. Stopping him will be key. If we can do that, the Jags will be forced to rely on Blake Bortles' arm which is not consistent whatsoever. I may root for UCF on Saturdays, but on Sunday, is all about the Black and Yellow baby.

Steelers 30
Jaguars 17

I respect those young fast players on DEF. but rankings thru 4 games don't do a whole lot for me because 1 game effects the average a great deal...By week 7 or 8...you typically are a lot closer what your ranking says you are.

No doubt they will pound Fournette to see if they can find those same soft spots that the Bears found.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Jags don't have a losing record they are at .500 and have a worse record than the Steelers and historically Tomlin's teams have struggled in these kind of games. At least it's not on the road or I'd be really really nervous. However, there could be a let down after that emotional divisional road win last week. We will find out what this team is made of. With all that said I'm going with the Steelers 21-10.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Jags don't have a losing record they are at .500 and have a worse record than the Steelers and historically Tomlin's teams have struggled in these kind of games. At least it's not on the road or I'd be really really nervous. However, there could be a let down after that emotional divisional road win last week. We will find out what this team is made of. With all that said I'm going with the Steelers 21-10.

I can see the CHI game being a trap...road game vs a winless team with the Ravens the following week.

This week has some entrapment built into it as well with KC looming in two weeks, but I feel better about this one...@ home as you said, and they just lost one of these, so their antenna should be at full alert this week. I'm kinda feeling a bit of a break out game for the OFC...they're due.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the CHI game being a trap...road game vs a winless team with the Ravens the following week.

This week has some entrapment built into it as well with KC looming in two weeks, but I feel better about this one...@ home as you said, and they just lost one of these, so their antenna should be at full alert this week. I'm kinda feeling a bit of a break out game for the OFC...they're due.
Their antennas should always be at full alert each week but that hasn't stopped them from losing again and again to inferior teams during the Tomlin era. So while it wouldn't surprise me, I don't expect it and it would piss me off if they lose to the Jags. I hope the offense does break out and lays 50 on them. Ben needs to get out of his slump now that Bell is back up to full speed, so to speak.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their antennas should always be at full alert each week but that hasn't stopped them from losing again and again to inferior teams during the Tomlin era. So while it wouldn't surprise me, I don't expect it and it would piss me off if they lose to the Jags. I hope the offense does break out and lays 50 on them. Ben needs to get out of his slump now that Bell is back up to full speed, so to speak.

That's just it...you would think, but antennas as not always at full alert with any team. Tomlin's teams perform better when they are facing a big opponent, or their backs are against the wall. Against teams with losing records, we know it's not great. Fortunately the Jags I think give them some concern after losing to CHI already.

I'm hoping to see more of Connor this week...this kid needs more touches.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it...you would think, but antennas as not always at full alert with any team. Tomlin's teams perform better when they are facing a big opponent, or their backs are against the wall. Against teams with losing records, we know it's not great. Fortunately the Jags I think give them some concern after losing to CHI already.

I'm hoping to see more of Connor this week...this kid needs more touches.
Me too. It would help keep Bell fresher for later in the season plus the change of pace would keep D's back on their heels more.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the legit chances that Jacksonville pulls off a Bears-like upset? And does anyone know what the reasoning is behind us not being able to outplay below average teams? Is it coaching?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the legit chances that Jacksonville pulls off a Bears-like upset? And does anyone know what the reasoning is behind us not being able to outplay below average teams? Is it coaching?

Whatever "any given Sunday" odds are, they exist. Need to put this team away early if possible.

Tough question to answer, but I think some of it is coaching. I think you take each loss individually...in the CHI game, I felt Haley/Tomlin played the game too close to the vest...the DEF gave tried to control them with a vanilla front and a few times gave Glennon too much time and they got burnt with some key 1st downs...again too conservative.

Were they trying to keep BAL from having something new on tape? I'm sure, but at some point on OFC, and DEF they needed to be more aggressive. So yes, I put a some of the Bear game on the coaching.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
506 Sports - NFL Maps: Week 5, 2017

No game again in Harrisburg. I'm not even gonna bother, I'm getting sick of scrambling to fight to watch my own states team play. Fucking NFL, this year has been the absolute worst. All they are doing with this bullshit rule is pushing me away.

There isn't even a goddamned CONFLICT. Our game is at 1, Baltimore's game is at 4. And we get a blackout STILL.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No game again in Harrisburg. I'm not even gonna bother, I'm getting sick of scrambling to fight to watch my own states team play. Fucking NFL, this year has been the absolute worst. All they are doing with this bullshit rule is pushing me away.

There isn't even a goddamned CONFLICT. Our game is at 1, Baltimore's game is at 4. And we get a blackout STILL.

LITERALLY all around me has the Steelers game. Me? Hell no. I get stuck with Baltimore vs. Oakland as the late game. Damnit! Tell me how people in New Mexico can watch the Steelers game and everyone in North Carolina can watch the Steelers game, but us here in Charlotte, we're stuck with the Ravens/Raiders. :L:L:L:L:L:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we get the Steelers in GA...good for me, but go figure. Makes no sense you can't get PA teams in PA.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game of rushing offenses... Who's will reign supreme?

Offense... For all the hype & talent the Jags have on their defense, they are still ranked DEAD LAST in rushing defense allowing a whopping 165.5yds per game. The recipe is clearly etched in stone in that regard. Pound the f*ck outta the ball and force them to stop Bell. If Ben has to air it out on 3rd & longs then they'll be playing right into their defensive strength. Their LBs & DBs are probably the most talented groups in the league capable of wreaking havoc at any time. And their D-line is a force in the pass rush. I expect the offense to control the TOP in this game but they'll need to finish drives in the RZ. They cannot run the ball 8-10 times per drive to get into the RZ only to come away with FGs. That is no way to build momentum. If thats the case then don't be surprised to see the Jags D shift momentum in their favor continuously. Offense needs to create separation on the scoreboard early.

Defense... The key to shutting this offense down is simple, stop Fournette & force the mistake-prone Bortles to throw the ball. They shouldn't have much of a problem with that, but I have a feeling the tackling issues may rear its ugly head once again. Last week vs Baltimore I saw a lot of shoulder tackling again but they were able to get the ball carriers to the ground unlike against Chicago. Fournette is a big body runner with great strength so shoulder tackling is not going to cut it. As Mike Mitchell said during practices this week, its time to "knuckle up". Everyone knows the Jags are going to run the ball so its on the front 7 to shut it down. Heyward & Tuitt need another outstanding performance. They'll be up to the task. The LBs are where I'm most worried. Now that Deebo is healthy (illness) I'd love to see him get some playing time since he's a beast in the run game.

Injuries... Haven't done a whole lot of research this week. But I saw that Gilbert practiced FP in the 1st practice, but then sat out the 2nd (DNP). That's worrisome that he keeps suffering setbacks. Hubbard will be called on once again if Marcus cannot practice today. Mitchell, Dupree, James, & Davis were all limited on the 1st practice, but were FP the next day. Not worried about any of their availability unless I missed something.

I really hope this team can play disciplined football this week or I could see this game spiraling out of control quickly. They cannot afford a trap game against a weak AFC opponent. I'm hoping to see the group fired up this week.

Steelers 28 - Jaguars 10

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville has lost the last 3 straight against the Steelers by a combined score of 60-43. We haven't won by more than 1 score against Jacksonville since 2001. I think it's gonna be a close game, unfortunately. This is one of those games where we get in trouble or play too sloppy. We need to get Conner in this game and bust his way up the middle against that poor run defense. Bell needs to use his speed around the corners as well. Ben and AB need to communicate better and our defense needs to stand our ground. They are gonna try to run with Fournette a lot. I think eventually, they will try and rely on Bortles' arm and it just won't work.

I have us winning by a score of 24-20.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go to a Steelers bar that has the Sunday Ticket. That's how I get to see every game, even living deep in Browns country.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville has lost the last 3 straight against the Steelers by a combined score of 60-43. We haven't won by more than 1 score against Jacksonville since 2001. I think it's gonna be a close game, unfortunately. This is one of those games where we get in trouble or play too sloppy. We need to get Conner in this game and bust his way up the middle against that poor run defense. Bell needs to use his speed around the corners as well. Ben and AB need to communicate better and our defense needs to stand our ground. They are gonna try to run with Fournette a lot. I think eventually, they will try and rely on Bortles' arm and it just won't work.

Switchin up your prediction on us huh? Post #3 you had Steelers 30 - Jags 17

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switchin up your prediction on us huh? Post #3 you had Steelers 30 - Jags 17

Yeah, I just see this as a game the Steelers usually struggle in and I was confident, riding high after a Ravens won and I have now come back down to reality lol. Unfortunately, we are gonna be the ones to make this game tough on us, not the Jags.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All on the OFC imo...if Ben & co get the ball in the endzone early, I think they will cover the line...if they kick FGs again, I think it will be closer to your projection.

Being a conference game I think they will have that sense of urgency on D and will play aggressive..look for Butler to come after Bortles in 3rd and long...Hilton is on tape now as a blitzer...maybe the come more with Davis & the LBs today.