• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 vs. Jaguars

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta jump every now and then ATL....keeps the heart beating to make sure there is still life.

I remember one idiot many moons ago doing similar dancing bullshit, that dipshit didn't get to the sidelines and Cowher grabbed him and drug his ass to the sidelines. After the game they asked the WR about the thing with Cowher and the dude said, "Coach told me if I wanted to celebrate I needed to put it on the board."

I miss Cowher.....this shit would not fly on his watch!!!

I miss that era of football in general. Old school hard line type coaches are few and far between in the league now. With the guaranteed money how it is today, what really worked for Cowher and Parcells and coaches of that ilk (the power to cut a player) may not work like it did back then.

What I want more than anything is to see the OFC clicking...I don't mind dancing if you're giving me 6.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss that era of football in general. Old school hard line type coaches are few and far between in the league now. With the guaranteed money how it is today, what really worked for Cowher and Parcells and coaches of that ilk (the power to cut a player) may not work like it did back then.

What I want more than anything is to see the OFC clicking...I don't mind dancing if you're giving me 6.
Also, doesn't the current CBA prevent that old school approach. Heck, you can only have contact drills once a day/week/month or something like that now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, doesn't the current CBA prevent that old school approach. Heck, you can only have contact drills once a day/week/month or something like that now.

Yeah in terms of practice contact, yes, it is now a CBA regulated.

But the other parts of just being a hard ass over mistakes, reaming players out, even cutting players they can still do those things, but you don't see it as much.

BB pretty much runs the whole show in NE so he can do whatever he wants...he didn't cut them, but I think he got rid of 2 starters on DEF Jamie Collins, and Chandler Jones. Most HCs today wouldn't have that kind of clout to get rid of a productive starter much less two.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah in terms of practice contact, yes, it is now a CBA regulated.

But the other parts of just being a hard ass over mistakes, reaming players out, even cutting players they can still do those things, but you don't see it as much.

BB pretty much runs the whole show in NE so he can do whatever he wants...he didn't cut them, but I think he got rid of 2 starters on DEF Jamie Collins, and Chandler Jones. Most HCs today wouldn't have that kind of clout to get rid of a productive starter much less two.
This reminds me of a story Mean Joe told during the A Football Life on Chuck Noll. Noll was having his first players meeting at the beginning of his first training camp and said our goal this year is to win the SB. The starting MLB laughed and the next day he was traded to Buffalo. As I remember it, Joe said this meeting was happening as a bus was carting 3 or 4 players away from training camp that Noll had just cut on the spot.

You hardly see that hard assed approach at all anymore. All just part of the pussification of America.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of a story Mean Joe told during the A Football Life on Chuck Noll. Noll was having his first players meeting at the beginning of his first training camp and said our goal this year is to win the SB. The starting MLB laughed and the next day he was traded to Buffalo. As I remember it, Joe said this meeting was happening as a bus was carting 3 or 4 players away from training camp that Noll had just cut on the spot.

You hardly see that hard assed approach at all anymore. All just part of the pussification of America.

70s NFL was great for us as fans...I've had to opportunity to play golf in several charitable tourneys with many ex-NFL players from the 70s-80s era mostly. It was fun to hear some of them tell stories on the 19th hole about 70s football.

Ironic...one of my regular playing partners, played S in the league in the mid 80s for the Cardinals...he was a bit player, mostly ST action, but got 3 seasons in before getting cut and going into the service. He doesn't talk a lot about his time in the league but every now and then he will talk about how much more physical the game was and how abruptly it ended for players. Unless you were a starter, your job was always on the line all season long.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly!!!!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ledge, fuck that. I already jumped and am back for more. I'm black and gold till the day I die, but this diva shit with these guys absolutely sucks Bengals Brown Balls.
You jumped when you bought your first Phlyers jersey! :D

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You jumped when you bought your first Phlyers jersey! :D

What the hell is a Phlyer???? :lol: Is it similar to a Fenguin???

Right now there is more stock in hockey jerseys than football!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And just to add to this, the only SOB that should be dancing regularly on this team in Boswell.....
Since he is the only one scoring on a regular basis!!!!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to add to this, the only SOB that should be dancing regularly on this team in Boswell.....
Since he is the only one scoring on a regular basis!!!!
I was thinking about this the other day and antics aside the only player that has really shown up every week on offense has been AB. He's a fucking clown and I find him irritating as all hell but he comes to play. Every. Single. Game.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this the other day and antics aside the only player that has really shown up every week on offense has been AB. He's a fucking clown and I find him irritating as all hell but he comes to play. Every. Single. Game.

This is true, no one has a work ethic like he does. But his antics and his beliefs just make you wanna slap the shit out of the snot nosed punk.

The whole BS he spilled out of his mouth about the reason he picked #84 has really changed my views of him. IDK maybe it's just me, but he acts of if he is entitled to everything. Yea he works hard and deserves things because of his hard work, but it makes him seem more like a Me guy and not a TEAM guy.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, no one has a work ethic like he does. But his antics and his beliefs just make you wanna slap the shit out of the snot nosed punk.

The whole BS he spilled out of his mouth about the reason he picked #84 has really changed my views of him. IDK maybe it's just me, but he acts of if he is entitled to everything. Yea he works hard and deserves things because of his hard work, but it makes him seem more like a Me guy and not a TEAM guy.
Yep. And if he wasn't almost single handedly winning us games it would be a lot bigger of a problem. His production masks the issue.