• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 LOL's

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask you. I've never been to the Cocktail Party but it doesn't seem like it's really a fair deal for Georgia. You said it's 50-50. Yea, Jacksonville is near the border but Jacksonville is a major city and the closest decent sized cities to it are Valdosta, Albany and Macon before you get to Atlanta halfway up the state. Gainseville is closer than all of them much less Athens. It just doesn't seem logical that Georgia would be able to feed that game like Florida would normally. And it never seems that way watching it on TV either. Now that could be because, no offense, Georgia is constantly underperforming so their crowd is less noisy. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it's 50-50. I think it would go a long way toward better outcomes against Florida if they played every other year in Athens. I also think it would serve both Florida and Georgia to play this game the last week of the season but that's another subject.

The crowd is always half red, half blue, but of late, Florida has dominated the games and the Georgia fans don't have much to get loud about and a lot of the times, they've started to leave midway through the third quarter.

I like the idea of the game being played at a neutral field, and I'm a young guy, so the game being played in Jacksonville is all I know. I wouldn't mind them rotating the game between Jacksonville and Atlanta though, but as it stands now, I really don't mind the game being played in Jacksonville every year. The only real advantage for Florida is travel time for the team and fans.

As for being played the last game of the season, I wouldn't like that.

Georgia-Georgia Tech is also a big rivalry game us, and a much more heated rivalry than outsiders realize, and it has been played the last game of the season for as long as I can remember. Same for Florida-Florida State.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should, we're a better team, but given how Florida has dominated the rivalry of late, it's mental barrier the team needs to get over.

Honestly. UM had an almost entirely new OL and we don't have the caliber of RB's Georgia has and the most yards we've rushed for this year is against Florida. The most yards on offense this year was against Florida. Granted it isn't by much. UM has consistently been around 400-425 yards of offense each game, but the other teams we faced were Purdue, Air Force and Cincinnati, so it isn't exactly a murder's row of top flight defenses.

And the RB on UM that killed Florida was our bigger back and Georgia has multiples guys like that.

To put it in perspective -- without two gift int returns, the score was 33-3 against UM and that was with 17 new starters on the field for UM. IMO, if Georgia doesn't absolutely shoot themselves in the foot over and over, it should be a route

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ OU for having their wakeup and smell the covfefe game 4 weeks into the season!~

Last year we saved it for week 8!~

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ U$Cw

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crowd is always half red, half blue, but of late, Florida has dominated the games and the Georgia fans don't have much to get loud about and a lot of the times, they've started to leave midway through the third quarter.

I like the idea of the game being played at a neutral field, and I'm a young guy, so the game being played in Jacksonville is all I know. I wouldn't mind them rotating the game between Jacksonville and Atlanta though, but as it stands now, I really don't mind the game being played in Jacksonville every year. The only real advantage for Florida is travel time for the team and fans.

As for being played the last game of the season, I wouldn't like that.

Georgia-Georgia Tech is also a big rivalry game us, and a much more heated rivalry than outsiders realize, and it has been played the last game of the season for as long as I can remember. Same for Florida-Florida State.

Michigan-Michigan State is sometimes more heated and is certainly more personal to the players and many fans than Ohio State but Ohio State is historically more our equals and therefore our biggest rivals. That game to me belongs at the end of the season. I kind of see Georgia-Georgia Tech the same way. Although I see Florida-Florida State more as equals than GA-GT, they are still not each others main rivals IMO. I guess at the end of the day we both are used to what our team does and would rather it not change.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Stanley's fumble at the 5 yard line. Lost it on the pump fake.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you fall behind 24-7 at home to Troy at your homecoming game? They made it close at the end, but Troy dominated that game.

Tennessee got punched in the mouth early and they never recovered. Game might have been different if they could have cashed in on Georgia's interception at the 20 when it was still a 10-0 game, but when they fumbled 2 plays later and gave the ball right back to Georgia, it was all over but the crying.
Oh, we've done that before with them

Also lost to UAB for homecoming in Saban's first year

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, we've done that before with them

Also lost to UAB for homecoming in Saban's first year
Good to see an LSU fan take that in stride.

I'm in meltdown mode over UNA's crap start to the season. :/

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Mike Leach for saying, "It's like Woodstock but everybody has their clothes on" when asked what it was like on the field after their win vs USC...

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask you. I've never been to the Cocktail Party but it doesn't seem like it's really a fair deal for Georgia. You said it's 50-50. Yea, Jacksonville is near the border but Jacksonville is a major city and the closest decent sized cities to it are Valdosta, Albany and Macon before you get to Atlanta halfway up the state. Gainseville is closer than all of them much less Athens. It just doesn't seem logical that Georgia would be able to feed that game like Florida would normally. And it never seems that way watching it on TV either. Now that could be because, no offense, Georgia is constantly underperforming so their crowd is less noisy. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it's 50-50. I think it would go a long way toward better outcomes against Florida if they played every other year in Athens. I also think it would serve both Florida and Georgia to play this game the last week of the season but that's another subject.
they split the tickets 50-50.. you can not get them through your season ticket package you have to buy them extra just like you would for an away game.. sits 82000 .. you have savannah an hour and a half away.. ive been several times.. it depends on which side your on.. and they alternate it every year... east side west side .. if your on the west side that's the side the announcers are on.. it's about 5 hours from Atlanta.. trust me it truly is 50-50...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the football God's for aligning the stars for us, injuring half of the $C team and then hurting the only two threats on Oregon's team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the football God's for aligning the stars for us, injuring half of the $C team and then hurting the only two threats on Oregon's team.

Just say thank you and go about your business. The football gods are a fickle bunch and when they decide to fuck with you it hurts.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've fucked with us since the Great War broke out.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this isn't LOL worthy, it's cringe worthy and being kicked off the team worthy, but did yall see that Northern Illinois player intentionally eye gouge a San Diego State player at the bottom of a pile?

Caught this BS on highlights this mornin. This Davis quim a BYU flunky?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this isn't LOL worthy, it's cringe worthy and being kicked off the team worthy, but did yall see that Northern Illinois player intentionally eye gouge a San Diego State player at the bottom of a pile?

You are kidding yourself if you don't think this happens all the time.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding yourself if you don't think this happens all the time.

I'm sure it does, though you don't see players getting up grabbing at their eyes very often.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC as a whole, minus Bama. Bama may set a record for point differential in a season for the SEC. Not sure what it is, but they should be 3+ TD favorites the rest of the year with their schedule and sit at +122 after 2 conference games.

Meh...I'd rather play Michigan every game for the rest of the season than play Auburn or Georgia once.