• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4: Virginia Tech v Bowling Green (Sept. 22, 2012)

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their 5-star running back looked really good (Miami that is). We are going to have trouble with him for years to come. I was rooting for GT.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we play up to our potential we can win every game for the rest of the year, but we will need help from Clemson and FSU in those games and some luck too

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random observation: We scored 31 of our 37 points in the 2nd and 4th quarters when we were going with the wind (for those that were at the game, you know how windy it was). How much do you think that played into the game? I imagine it played a somewhat significant factor into both QBs throwing well below 50%. Still hard to defend LT throwing 11/26, he needs to get back into form fast if we want to beat Cinci next week.

Also, Cinci has only played 2 games this year and has a full 2 weeks to prep against us. Unless for some reason they are really rusty, they will be well-prepared when they face us.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My observations from being at the game this week:

-LT finally found a rhythm in the 2nd quarter and showed a glimmer of hope of playing like last year again. His deep balls were off but it was veryyy windy. He made better decisions for the most part, threw some balls away but still had some bad throws he has to make.

-Gregory and Coleman are our best RBs right now. Gregory has better vision than the other backs it seems.

-The line was able to run block on the edge but wasnt able to get a surge straight ahead. They were having some issues with pass blocking at times but LT handled that better this week.

- Defense played much better. DL still isnt getting pressure by itself. Fuller looked good as always. Someone asked about RVD and Cole switching back and forth a few posts back but it looked like they put RVD in for JGW and were going back and forth between the nickel package bringing Cole in for that and taking out the Whip and thats why they were running back and forth.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The finger injury at the end of the half could have affected Logan in the second half .. THink he went 2 for 7

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm setting the over/under of combine margin of defeat to clemson & fsu at 45.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm setting the over/under of combine margin of defeat to clemson & fsu at 45.

Under. I think VT will score at least 17-21 on Clemson, so no way Clemson drops 60+ on us. And we will struggle to score against FSU, but with the game in Lane I'd be surprised if FSU wins by more than 30 pts.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'll wait to see a few more games before i make any predictions .... but if our dline plays the way that they are capable of playing (the whole 2-deep as well), clemson is a very beatable team. play mostly nickel with edwards back and rvd, i think that we match up well enough with them to outscore them -- if our offense is playing better by then. their offensive line lost that game for them last night (in the second half). the only way they ever would've won that game was to outscore fsu .. they just couldn't keep doing that. clemson's defense doesn't scare me one bit, regardless of what happened last season.

fsu on the other hand ... the fact that we're in lane on a thursday and look to probably be a 14+ point dog ... i think it'll be closer than two TDs if we can play well

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random observation: We scored 31 of our 37 points in the 2nd and 4th quarters when we were going with the wind (for those that were at the game, you know how windy it was). How much do you think that played into the game? I imagine it played a somewhat significant factor into both QBs throwing well below 50%. Still hard to defend LT throwing 11/26, he needs to get back into form fast if we want to beat Cinci next week.

Also, Cinci has only played 2 games this year and has a full 2 weeks to prep against us. Unless for some reason they are really rusty, they will be well-prepared when they face us.

It was pretty windy, swirling at times as well. I saw it affected some of the kicks. Not sure how much it would affects passing though. A tight spiral should cut through most of it.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to pound Cincinnati. We have our token loss and we have found that running to the outside works.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to pound Cincinnati. We have our token loss and we have found that pitching it to the outside works.

FIFS - Fixed it for Steinspring.

Seriously, why was this not in the adjustments when we were getting blitzed every play during the PITT game? That or running more of the option pitch?

Oh...that's right...the OCs just game plan - they don't make adjustments.

/Rant Over

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was just squirting," Logan said. "All you could see was the meat underneath my finger nail and blood covering it."

:puke:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody have video or a gif of the block that Scales laid out, i think during a punt return

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody have video or a gif of the block that Scales laid out, i think during a punt return

i dont think it was scales that laid the block, i'm pretty sure it was gregory.. though the announcers were fully convinced it was scales

not as good as RVD's block, but still solid.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sure? i'm pretty sure it was #25...could be wrong though