• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4: Bears vs Lions GAME THREAD

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we got the win... but I fear the Lions did more to lose that game than the Bears did to win it. I'll take the win. Build... fella's... build.

We absolutely dominated that game, did EVERYTHING to lose it and still won.

If Cutler played this game, put up the same numbers Hoyer did and the game played out verbatim... you'd be praising Jay and how good we looked.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I figured Carolina's D was better than the Bears'.

Now I have to pick against the Bears every week til they lose again. lulz

I benched Ryan too...

And in FanDuel I played D Hopkins (0 catches) over Julio (3 TD's 300 yards).

:L

I feel your pain homes... at least the beloved got a win.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
da-bears-o.gif

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We absolutely dominated that game, did EVERYTHING to lose it and still won.

If Cutler played this game, put up the same numbers Hoyer did and the game played out verbatim... you'd be praising Jay and how good we looked.
Lol... No I'd be praising how good HE looked. You're DAMN right! LOL and so would you.
But he didn't play, the game had NOTHING to do with Jay Cutler. And I didn't say anything about him either.

I love ya richig, I'm not trying to start something...
I gotta ask- if the game was the exact opposite- the Lions won just like the Bears did and Bears lost just like the Lions did...Would you be saying the LIONS Dominated us? Or would you be saying WE SUCK even more? Be honest. There is no way you, of all people, would be coming on here praising the other team.

I didn't see domination today. I finally saw a running game, finally saw some pass protection, some guys simply making a play... and a BUNCH miscues by the Lions. That is all.

Bears win. Hope to build off it... lots to fix still.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carolinas def got carved up last week too.......I think they miss Josh Norman.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... No I'd be praising how good HE looked. You're DAMN right! LOL and so would you.
But he didn't play, the game had NOTHING to do with Jay Cutler. And I didn't say anything about him either.

I love ya richig, I'm not trying to start something...
I gotta ask- if the game was the exact opposite- the Lions won just like the Bears did and Bears lost just like the Lions did...Would you be saying the LIONS Dominated us? Or would you be saying WE SUCK even more? Be honest. There is no way you, of all people, would be coming on here praising the other team.

I didn't see domination today. I finally saw a running game, finally saw some pass protection, some guys simply making a play... and a BUNCH miscues by the Lions. That is all.

Bears win. Hope to build off it... lots to fix still.

Joey... what game were you watching? We did EVERYTHING in our power not to pull away from Detroit in that game. We did EVERYTHING to let them hang around, and we STILL won fairly damn easily. There is not A SINGLE facet that we did not beat Detroit in. You cannot POSSIBLY name one.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll clearly be doing that until early-February...

The road to 13-3 and home field advantage began today!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JoeyTourettes

I was even more correct than I thought...

Lions vs. Bears - Team Statistics - October 2, 2016 - ESPN

Please, go through the team stats. There is not ONE SINGLE statistic they beat us in, except for special team TD's lol... That is it.

Most aren't even that close.
Man, I don't want to go down this road. I'm glad they won, by my eye test I don't feel like they "dominated" as much as you seem to. They played a much better game. And I'll take it.
I feel that Detroit gave away the game a little more than the Bears beat them. I don't want to take anything away from our Bears. Happy Happy they got the win...and with our injuries I was worried.
I still think if you were a Detroit fan, you would be harping on how bad they played and NOT how much the Bears dominated them. IMO. If the Bears just lost a game with those stats you would be having an aneurysm screaming about how much they suck, and not how good the other team is. (*I've rarely seen you say that about other teams...love you man, but you know you don't)

2nd D series: PI for 16 yards to put the ball on the 4... lead to Bears TD.
2nd O Series: False Start & Illegal forward pass on back to back- Punt.
Interception: before halftime- at the CHI 13. Easily 3 points and 7-6 halftime or 10-7 halftime.
Interception: To the CHI 14- This was after a 12 play drive. If they just get FG points it's 17-9 before the punt return.

When I see the term "dominate" I think of a punishing pass rush... the Bears had 2 sacks.
Dominate means 30+ points. The score was 7-3 at halftime. and they totaled 17 points.
Dominate means multiple take aways- While the Bears had 2. They were bad give away interceptions.
Dominate means they rumble for 70+ rushing yards in the final 4 minutes to seal the game.

These are just my observations. They WON, they kids played well enough against the Lions to WIN...I'm Happy.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bored2: Ummm..... did we win because it's hard to tell from this board? :L

As banged up as the Bears were on offense and defense, they held a 7th-ranked offense (both yards and scoring) to 263 total yards, zero TD and 2 picks.

Was very pleased. Still am. C'mon guys.... smile - we won!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't want to go down this road. I'm glad they won, by my eye test I don't feel like they "dominated" as much as you seem to. They played a much better game. And I'll take it.
I feel that Detroit gave away the game a little more than the Bears beat them. I don't want to take anything away from our Bears. Happy Happy they got the win...and with our injuries I was worried.
I still think if you were a Detroit fan, you would be harping on how bad they played and NOT how much the Bears dominated them. IMO. If the Bears just lost a game with those stats you would be having an aneurysm screaming about how much they suck, and not how good the other team is. (*I've rarely seen you say that about other teams...love you man, but you know you don't)

2nd D series: PI for 16 yards to put the ball on the 4... lead to Bears TD.
2nd O Series: False Start & Illegal forward pass on back to back- Punt.
Interception: before halftime- at the CHI 13. Easily 3 points and 7-6 halftime or 10-7 halftime.
Interception: To the CHI 14- This was after a 12 play drive. If they just get FG points it's 17-9 before the punt return.

When I see the term "dominate" I think of a punishing pass rush... the Bears had 2 sacks.
Dominate means 30+ points. The score was 7-3 at halftime. and they totaled 17 points.
Dominate means multiple take aways- While the Bears had 2. They were bad give away interceptions.
Dominate means they rumble for 70+ rushing yards in the final 4 minutes to seal the game.

These are just my observations. They WON, they kids played well enough against the Lions to WIN...I'm Happy.

Joey.

Right now. Tell me ONE aspect the Bears did not win, in this football game. ONE.

You cannot. Unless you want to argue SPT's, due to the one punt return when the game was essentially out of reach with under two minutes remaining.

Your "eye test" means nothing. It is biased. Especially in your case, when a certain someone is or isn't involved.

Lions vs. Bears - Team Statistics - October 2, 2016 - ESPN

There's the final team stats from both sides. As I said, not a single statistic the Bears did not beat the Lions in. Most aren't that close How about we change the term to "beat soundly". Does that suit you better?

What would YOU, Joey... phrase a team's performance in which they beat the opponent in every single solitary aspect of the game. In every single statistic... in every facet...??? Go ahead, phrase it how ever you want.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And... that's where the game turns!

It was fun while it lasted. F this team.

Is there any doubt the Lions go down and tie the game here?

Get a damn pass rush... Christ.

How do you jump AGAIN?

Man. We do not want to take control of this game.

Come on offense.

WOW... False Start. Awful

This is awful.

This is more pissed I've been heading into half than any of the first three games.

HOW DO YOU FUCKING FALSE START RIGHT THERE

Big stop there too...

Man, one more quarter guys. It hasn't been pretty, but you've positioned yourself to put this away. Come on.

Damnit. We don't want this game. Do we?

Well...

Here comes the part where they rip our heart out
This is why I didn't feel the Bears Dominated the game. I don't want to fight with you. I respect you as a passionate Bears fan. I don't understand how this is the same guy who wants to argue about how much they "dominated" the game. Again, Glad they got the win. And that's all that matters, sorry to disagree with you. Cheers.
:suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I didn't feel the Bears Dominated the game. I don't want to fight with you. I respect you as a passionate Bears fan. I don't understand how this is the same guy who wants to argue about how much they "dominated" the game. Again, Glad they got the win. And that's all that matters, sorry to disagree with you. Cheers.

I wouldn't go as far as "dominated", but I do think they were the better team. As much as the Lions "gave it away", you have to give a lot of credit to the Bears' D. They played a great game, and pretty much shut down a high-octane offense. Aside from Detroit's two drives that ended up in INT's, they did not do jack shit. Marvin Jones Jr. wasn't much of a factor,(in fact, I just looked at his stats, and was surprised to see they were as high as they were, cuz he seemed to be completely neutralized).

The Bears Offense was in rhythm most the day. The ground game WAS dominant, as Howard picked up chunks all day. He is going to be a star. Hoyer was efficient and in control.

@richig07 has a point, in that, I think the Bears left a lot of points on the board, and were it not for a fluke punt return, the score would definitely lean towards a fairly dominant performance. Holding Detroit to 6 points is a pretty good effort. Even with the two INTs that you seem to want to chalk up to Detroit's mistakes more than the Bears' opportunities taken, Stafford only had 213 yards. That is a good effort by the D. Their best game of the year IMO.

On a side note, barring injury, I think there's a chance that Cutler has taken his last snap with the Bears.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a win is a win is a win

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bored2: Ummm..... did we win because it's hard to tell from this board? :L

As banged up as the Bears were on offense and defense, they held a 7th-ranked offense (both yards and scoring) to 263 total yards, zero TD and 2 picks.

Was very pleased. Still am. C'mon guys.... smile - we won!

We can't even get the #1 overall pick correctly... :trash: :gaah: ;)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go as far as "dominated", but I do think they were the better team. As much as the Lions "gave it away", you have to give a lot of credit to the Bears' D. They played a great game, and pretty much shut down a high-octane offense. Aside from Detroit's two drives that ended up in INT's, they did not do jack shit. Marvin Jones Jr. wasn't much of a factor,(in fact, I just looked at his stats, and was surprised to see they were as high as they were, cuz he seemed to be completely neutralized).

The Bears Offense was in rhythm most the day. The ground game WAS dominant, as Howard picked up chunks all day. He is going to be a star. Hoyer was efficient and in control.

@richig07 has a point, in that, I think the Bears left a lot of points on the board, and were it not for a fluke punt return, the score would definitely lean towards a fairly dominant performance. Holding Detroit to 6 points is a pretty good effort. Even with the two INTs that you seem to want to chalk up to Detroit's mistakes more than the Bears' opportunities taken, Stafford only had 213 yards. That is a good effort by the D. Their best game of the year IMO.

On a side note, barring injury, I think there's a chance that Cutler has taken his last snap with the Bears.

The Bears did quite a bit to keep Detroit hanging around as well. As I mentioned, there wasn't a facet of the game Detroit outplayed the Bears in. You don't have to call it "dominant". However, they outplayed them in every area you possibly could.

As far as Cutler, its possible. However, I think we have to see Hoyer play more than one good game against a poor defense. The thing is, the next two defense's we play (IND and JAX) could be even worse. So it is definitely possible Hoyer continues to play like he did Sunday, and keeps the starting job. What then worries me, is that he could be in for a very rude awakening the next two weeks vs GB and MIN. If that KC playoff game last year is any indication of he looks versus top 10 defense's... I'm certainly not looking forward to that. Say what you want about a handful of Cutler's performances, but at least he has the ability to make those throws. Where Hoyer looked utterly hopeless in that game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly! We made all of these stupid mistakes to keep Detroit around, and we still won HANDEDLY. That is how much we outplayed Detroit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears did quite a bit to keep Detroit hanging around as well. As I mentioned, there wasn't a facet of the game Detroit outplayed the Bears in. You don't have to call it "dominant". However, they outplayed them in every area you possibly could.

As far as Cutler, its possible. However, I think we have to see Hoyer play more than one good game against a poor defense. The thing is, the next two defense's we play (IND and JAX) could be even worse. So it is definitely possible Hoyer continues to play like he did Sunday, and keeps the starting job. What then worries me, is that he could be in for a very rude awakening the next two weeks vs GB and MIN. If that KC playoff game last year is any indication of he looks versus top 10 defense's... I'm certainly not looking forward to that. Say what you want about a handful of Cutler's performances, but at least he has the ability to make those throws. Where Hoyer looked utterly hopeless in that game.

To be fair, it's not like Cutler's record vs. Green Bay is exactly stellar. Hoyer couldn't be much worse than what we've seen of Jay vs. them during his tenure here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it's not like Cutler's record vs. Green Bay is exactly stellar. Hoyer couldn't be much worse than what we've seen of Jay vs. them during his tenure here.

Cutler's record is poor vs GB. However, we have seen Cutler beat some of the league's top defense's in his time here, and play very well in the process. I can't say I've ever seen Hoyer play impressively versus stout competition.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won the time of possession and pretty much dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage. Wil Sutton had a huge game in the middle. Timu showed what most of us saw last year who thought he was going to be a primary backup not a practice player, but that drop off pass to the back for a big gain with Timu in coverage pretty much explained why he was on the practice squad. Receivers around the league on the schedule are now seeing on film that these bears are going to hit you. Amos, Jones Quarty, Kwaitkowski will just plain hit you, where Freeman has seriously physical tackles.

Its hard to get excited just beating another 1-3 team who lost their superstar and featured running back and missing two key pieces from their defense leaving Royal free to roam. It was nice to get a win and see an excited bear team.