• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 ... The Broncos

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 0-2 Broncos visit Lambeau. I live in Bronco country, and want to see the Packers beat them, but worry about this game... I guess we'll see on Sunday

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the offense continue to make improvements and the defense keep doing what they're doing.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing new will be the return man with Davis being traded to the Raiders with the Pack picking up the new return guy on waivers the other day

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tremon Smith but watch out for Shepard to get his chances

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm undecided about the Davis trade. He was pretty steady, but he's an injury waiting to happen.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm undecided about the Davis trade. He was pretty steady, but he's an injury waiting to happen.
I was ready to take him out of the PR role when he failed to signal for a fair catch last week and got blasted and then got flagged for 15 yards for calling for a fair catch then blocking

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was ready to take him out of the PR role when he failed to signal for a fair catch last week and got blasted and then got flagged for 15 yards for calling for a fair catch then blocking

Yup, every time he was back to field a punt I wasn't comfortable...hopefully they'll put somebody back there that makes intelligent plays.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess im out of the loop. i didn't know Travis was traded. Crazy world we live in...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the Jason Wilde and Mark Tauscher radio show this morning that our new free agents the Smith Boys have more quarter back hits or touches so far this season that Clay Matthews had all of last year. It was like 8 touches and 3 or 4 sacks for Matthews and our new tandem has more than that already

Packers defense leads NFL in QB pressures after 2 games

According to Pro Football Focus, the Packers defense leads the entire NFL in quarterback pressures (44) after two weeks. Green Bay forced 16 pressures against Mitchell Trubisky and the Bears in Week 1, and a whopping 28 pressures against Kirk Cousins and the Vikings in Week 2.

No surprise, either, that outside linebackers Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith have been major factors. Together, the pair have 25 of the team’s 44 pressures. Za’Darius has created a league-high 15 pressures, while Preston has produced 10.

Both Smiths were offseason free agent acquisitions, signed and tasked with one job: getting after the quarterback. So far, both signings have been massive additions for a Packers defense that struggled mightily with forcing pressure last season.

Upon signing each, the Packers and GM Brian Gutekunst were banking on both players to be ascending in their career paths; to be able to step into prominent roles as key contributors for Green Bay’s defense.

In 2018, Z. Smith forced 60 pressures with the Ravens, while P. Smith forced 53 pressures with the Redskins. After just two games, both are on pace to shatter those marks.

And we can’t forget about defensive tackle Kenny Clark, who’s arguably been the best player on the entire Packers’ roster in just two short weeks. Clark has been given plenty of opportunities to rush the passer this season, and had seven pressures against the Vikings last week.

Give credit to defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, as well. Pettine’s attacking 3-4 pressure scheme has played a major part in making life hard for opposing offenses.

Thanks to Pettine’s scheme, the Packers defense has been able to win with just three or four players rushing the quarterback more often than not, which makes the amount of pressures forced even more impressive.

It’s also important to note that pressures are just as important as sacks. While they won’t necessarily count on the stat sheet, pressures have just as much impact on opposing offenses as sacks. The Packers only have six sacks this season, but they’ve done a tremendous job of affecting the quarterback.

Up next, the Packers face the Broncos in Week 3 at Lambeau Field. Green Bay should have plenty of opportunities to pressure quarterback Joe Flacco, especially because of Denver’s relatively weak offensive line.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the Jason Wilde and Mark Tauscher radio show this morning that our new free agents the Smith Boys have more quarter back hits or touches so far this season that Clay Matthews had all of last year. It was like 8 touches and 3 or 4 sacks for Matthews and our new tandem has more than that already

Packers defense leads NFL in QB pressures after 2 games

According to Pro Football Focus, the Packers defense leads the entire NFL in quarterback pressures (44) after two weeks. Green Bay forced 16 pressures against Mitchell Trubisky and the Bears in Week 1, and a whopping 28 pressures against Kirk Cousins and the Vikings in Week 2.

No surprise, either, that outside linebackers Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith have been major factors. Together, the pair have 25 of the team’s 44 pressures. Za’Darius has created a league-high 15 pressures, while Preston has produced 10.

Both Smiths were offseason free agent acquisitions, signed and tasked with one job: getting after the quarterback. So far, both signings have been massive additions for a Packers defense that struggled mightily with forcing pressure last season.

Upon signing each, the Packers and GM Brian Gutekunst were banking on both players to be ascending in their career paths; to be able to step into prominent roles as key contributors for Green Bay’s defense.

In 2018, Z. Smith forced 60 pressures with the Ravens, while P. Smith forced 53 pressures with the Redskins. After just two games, both are on pace to shatter those marks.

And we can’t forget about defensive tackle Kenny Clark, who’s arguably been the best player on the entire Packers’ roster in just two short weeks. Clark has been given plenty of opportunities to rush the passer this season, and had seven pressures against the Vikings last week.

Give credit to defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, as well. Pettine’s attacking 3-4 pressure scheme has played a major part in making life hard for opposing offenses.

Thanks to Pettine’s scheme, the Packers defense has been able to win with just three or four players rushing the quarterback more often than not, which makes the amount of pressures forced even more impressive.

It’s also important to note that pressures are just as important as sacks. While they won’t necessarily count on the stat sheet, pressures have just as much impact on opposing offenses as sacks. The Packers only have six sacks this season, but they’ve done a tremendous job of affecting the quarterback.

Up next, the Packers face the Broncos in Week 3 at Lambeau Field. Green Bay should have plenty of opportunities to pressure quarterback Joe Flacco, especially because of Denver’s relatively weak offensive line.

Let’s keep the train rolling.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Taylor is injured and won't play Sunday. Jenkins will replace him at LG. Figured he'd be starting before long but thought it would take a little longer.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Taylor is injured and won't play Sunday. Jenkins will replace him at LG. Figured he'd be starting before long but thought it would take a little longer.

Have you noticed if Jenkins is playing head and shoulders above Taylor?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the Packer's D today...

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense not as good as they thought? Looks like they are giving up way to many yards on the ground again but this time to a nobody back.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, business as usual for the D?
Yup, I'm so damn tired of guys hitting people high without wrapping up and giving up an extra 4 yards. It's an every game problem and they just don't seem to give a shit about it. Why hit them in the legs, wrap up and drive thru them when you can hit them high and hope they fall down. It's bullshit and I'm damn tired of it

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they came thru at the end which is a change from last year. The rushing yards are a little concerning for the second week in a row. Not sure what’s going on there but that could be critical if they make the playoffs. Once again, I didn’t see the game but I want to believe they are overall moving in the right direction.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I'm so damn tired of guys hitting people high without wrapping up and giving up an extra 4 yards. It's an every game problem and they just don't seem to give a shit about it. Why hit them in the legs, wrap up and drive thru them when you can hit them high and hope they fall down. It's bullshit and I'm damn tired of it

The only thing I can suggest is to stop watching the games or at least when the defense is on the field. Something isn’t being taught right or the players aren’t listening. I want to think the wrong technique is brought to their attention and told to correct it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense not as good as they thought? Looks like they are giving up way to many yards on the ground again but this time to a nobody back.
Nobody back? Did you not watch football last year?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody back? Did you not watch football last year?

Not Denver. Didn’t hear much about him but on that note I just read an article about just what I’m talking about with stopping the run. The D is kicking butt right now and I’m thrilled but we can’t ignore what might be a vulnerability. I’d rather rely on a solid run defense than getting turnovers every game.