• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3, Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers, 9/21/17, 5:25pm PDT

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts about the game:

1. This is the first time in a very long time that I've actually enjoyed watching this offense. It took us twice as many games last year to reach the point total that we have in three games. Watkins is paying dividends already and Gurley and Goff are looking better. Would like to see Higbee targeted more however but that's just me I believe.

2. As good as the offense has looked, the defense has looked bad. Some of it of course is injuries to the secondary. But Garcon lit us up. It's a good thing that the secondary has these extra few days to heal up. On a positive note, at least we held Hyde to less than a 100 yards.

3. After watching that 4th quarter implosion, I was really dreading seeing this game end up in a loss with how good the offense looked. Luckily we held when we needed to.

4. I don't care how fast he is, Tayvon Austin can't be off this roster soon enough.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts about the game:

1. This is the first time in a very long time that I've actually enjoyed watching this offense. It took us twice as many games last year to reach the point total that we have in three games. Watkins is paying dividends already and Gurley and Goff are looking better. Would like to see Higbee targeted more however but that's just me I believe.

2. As good as the offense has looked, the defense has looked bad. Some of it of course is injuries to the secondary. But Garcon lit us up. It's a good thing that the secondary has these extra few days to heal up. On a positive note, at least we held Hyde to less than a 100 yards.

3. After watching that 4th quarter implosion, I was really dreading seeing this game end up in a loss with how good the offense looked. Luckily we held when we needed to.

4. I don't care how fast he is, Tayvon Austin can't be off this roster soon enough.

:agree:
Hats off to Gurley/Goff/Watkins! We are no longer one dimensional! :clap:

Don't forget the o-line as well! Its pretty cool to see that the o-line is finally clicking and they are giving our young qb some time! Goff was able to make some pretty long down field throws while slowly scrambling to the outside! Give credit to the o-line! We might have something here! :clap:

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope SW is ok he took a shot to the head. These WRs are pretty good even minus Tavon

Tavon is doing more damage than he is good! That fumble kept San Fran in the game! If we could only somehow erase these bonehead mistakes! :L

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lead pipe lock of the week: Rams win, 23-10.

Disclaimer: The Bengals lead pipe lock last week didn't work out so well....

They won but it was a fracking shootout.....LOL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
special teams are gonna be the end of us...

Very prescient! Special teams almost killed them. Countess offsides, Turd punt muff, Cooper kickoff fumble, onsides kick successful....ARGGHHH! 17 pts and 3 lost possessions. Rams should've destroyed this team.

I was screaming at the TV for Cooper to kneel on that kickoff, was somewhat hopeful as he seemed to have a head of steam and an opening, then disaster yet again. After returning however many kickoffs and coming up short of the 25 every time, just kneel dammit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought that our defense would be a problem this early in the year?

New system. Rams struggled on defense when Gregg Williams first came back from suspension as well.

That said, there are definitely some mismatched players. Watching Barron routinely plug the wrong hole on running plays is getting old REALLY quick. Barron may fit as a 4-3 WOLB, but a 3-4 ILB needs to be a run stuffer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the third straight game, Barron looked like dogmeat. Me thinks it is time to get rid of another overpaid Fisher guy. We have some LBss that would do a way better job as an ILB in the 3-4 than Barron. I think it is time to package him and Austin and ship them Fed-Ex to New England.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the third straight game, Barron looked like dogmeat. Me thinks it is time to get rid of another overpaid Fisher guy. We have some LBss that would do a way better job as an ILB in the 3-4 than Barron. I think it is time to package him and Austin and ship them Fed-Ex to New England.

If we could find a way to dump Austin and his ridiculous salary and in return get a Bad Ass run stuffing 3-4 LB would be awesome! :pop2:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could find a way to dump Austin and his ridiculous salary and in return get a Bad Ass run stuffing 3-4 LB would be awesome! :pop2:

We'll likely have to wait until next year unfortunately. The window to send Austin to the Patriots likely ended with their trade for Dorsett. Wish they could've pulled another trade with Buffalo to get Ragland, but the Chiefs snapped him up.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's nice to see us scoring points, still not going to get to gaga over anything, just yet. We have played 2 of the worst teams in the league and Washington is average?
Our D has looked horrible, way to many big plays, and allowing way to many 3rd and long conversions! Our Oline has Pass blocked well, but the run blocking hasn't been that good, other than a couple of big gains by Gurley he had his typical 3 yards per carry, the oline is getting no push, Gurley got stuffed twice for no gain at the goal line, should have had another TD, oh well allowed Goff and Sammy to add to their stats:)

Special teams will be fine, they had a bad game where everyone excluding Hekker had something go wrong, Zuerlien had a bad kick out of bounds, but overall had a good game! Had some dumb penalties, but overall the number of penalties were down"

Biggest take away, Goff made some nice throws, Woods made up for last week, hopefully he continues to be a force, Watkins being Watkins. Ugly score, but good win!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's nice to see us scoring points, still not going to get to gaga over anything, just yet. We have played 2 of the worst teams in the league and Washington is average?
Our D has looked horrible, way to many big plays, and allowing way to many 3rd and long conversions! Our Oline has Pass blocked well, but the run blocking hasn't been that good, other than a couple of big gains by Gurley he had his typical 3 yards per carry, the oline is getting no push, Gurley got stuffed twice for no gain at the goal line, should have had another TD, oh well allowed Goff and Sammy to add to their stats:)

Special teams will be fine, they had a bad game where everyone excluding Hekker had something go wrong, Zuerlien had a bad kick out of bounds, but overall had a good game! Had some dumb penalties, but overall the number of penalties were down"

Biggest take away, Goff made some nice throws, Woods made up for last week, hopefully he continues to be a force, Watkins being Watkins. Ugly score, but good win!

Smed

I agree with you on most of this, except for the fact that last year the Rams lost to the 9ers twice. So, you can't say you can't get excited about the wins due to who they've played when last season those were losses

When they are winning games that last year they would've lost, that reason to get excited that the arrow is pointing in the right direction.

Problem now is, the offense seems to be a fit, but now the defense is a mismatch. When will they ever get both of these right?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams scored 40 points for the second time this season, after managing only two 40-point games in their previous 10 seasons combined.

Here's something for you to get excited about Smed

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lead pipe lock of the week: Rams win, 23-10.

Disclaimer: The Bengals lead pipe lock last week didn't work out so well....

I nailed the winner, the score not so much......LOL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are drawing the bigger crowd in LA for home games over the hapless, homeless Chargers!