• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Vikings

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers come into their home opener 1-0. While I never felt CLE was going to win the game, it was much closer in the 4Q than most of us expected. The Vikings also come into town 1-0 off a blowout of the Saints on MNF.

Clearly the Steelers OFC needs to start faster this week....OFC typically starts slower and around the league scores were lower in general for week 1 so I have reasonable hope they will be better this week.

MIN will be a different challenge...they have studs on both sides of the ball and Bradford is a better than average QB when he's not under duress...Butler has to stay aggressive. It will be interesting to see if MIN tries to iso VWil on Cooks in coverage vs base.

Injuries...I think Tuitt (shoulder), Hawkins (knee), Wilcox (concussion), all out of practice today. Dupree (shoulder) limited..way better news on Tuitt than some thought. I'm sure @FaCe-LeE-uS will know some more details as we get closer to game time.

Outlook...I was very impressed with the MIN DEF vs NO so I don't like the vegas line PIT +6.5 I saw the other day. I still like the Steelers to come out on top...24-20

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... They need both the O-line & Bell to step up in this game. Because if they are forced to beat the Vikes D through the air, they will be hard-pressed to find much room. O-line has their work cut out for them against this dominant front 7. If they can pave the way & Bell can suck those safeties down then Ben can take plenty of shots. And for the love of God please don't throw any more of those silly WR bubble screens. The whole empty backfield with Bell out wide should be scrapped altogether. Maybe only use it in the RZ on lesser opponents. We saw some pretty poor blocking from the WRs (S-S, Rogers & Bryant in particular) last week so I hope they step up in that area. I expect the Vikes to be a little more aggressive with their Safeties, so I doubt there will be 1 sitting 25yds off the LOS like the Browns did. Xavier Rhodes is expected to shadow AB this week. Fun fact: they grew up together & both went to the same high school.

Defense... The battle in the trenches is going to be fierce. Not a good week to be without Tuitt. Minnesota loves the ground & pound, but they are a well balanced team. After Cook racked up 130yds on the ground last week they are going to want to run the ball, and run it often. Thankfully the D-line depth is solid because they are going to be tested this week. Alualu & Walton are going to see a lot of work. Agree with ATL in that they need to keep the pressure on through 4 quarters. This is not a team to get lax against. Bradford has plenty of skill to dice this defense up if given the time to operate. Thielen & Diggs are very dynamic, and then throw in how well Rudolph controls the center of the field, this secondary is going to have their hands full if the front 7 doesn't get the job done. Davis & Shazier vs. Rudolph & Cook will be big matchups to watch. Also Hilton/Gay/Sens. vs Diggs inside. Limiting the chunk yardage will be key.

Injuries... Dupree's status is still a little hazy. His shoulder injury got a 2nd opinion and it appears as though he isn't at a high risk of further harming the injury, but still recommended to give it another week off. Dupree only talked about having to "deal with the pain" so he's wanting to play. Probably will come down to a Tomlin decision on gameday. But MT's deciding factor has always been practice participation. So we'll have to monitor closely how much he practices today & tomorrow. Nothing has been declared with Tuitt, but don't expect him to play. They dodged a bullet & will be treating him with the kid gloves. I don't expect them to even let him practice this week. He will continue to get strength tested daily to see how well his arm responds & let that dictate his participation. Hawkins' injury may be why they are holding onto Feiler. Both Hubbard & Feiler have OT abilites. Doesn't seem likely to have Hawkins back to practice this week. Wilcox was reported to have symptoms on Monday morning so his availability is at risk. Golden could be the only backup at the S position, with Gay as the emergency backup.

Stillers rarely drop their home opener, 9-1 under Tomlin. This game scares me a little more than it should though. Last week's contest left a sour taste in my mouth. I hope they focus on minimizing penalties for down and distance's sake because they will get eaten alive by the Vikes D if not. 3rd down O & D will be key.

Closely contested, but Steeler should be able to win this game.

Steelers 20 - Vikes 14

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son of a bitch....

506 Sports - NFL Maps: Week 2, 2017

On Fox, and it conflicts with the Eagles. So the state got split down the middle.

I'm 0 for 2 so far.

Freakin bar dropped the NFL tkt so I didn't get it either...I listened to the Steeler Network play by play.

I have confirmed another bar not as close by though will have the game, but toying with the NFL pass now....$99...just need to figure out when they release the replays...right after the game? next day?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... They need both the O-line & Bell to step up in this game. Because if they are forced to beat the Vikes D through the air, they will be hard-pressed to find much room. O-line has their work cut out for them against this dominant front 7. If they can pave the way & Bell can suck those safeties down then Ben can take plenty of shots. And for the love of God please don't throw any more of those silly WR bubble screens. The whole empty backfield with Bell out wide should be scrapped altogether. Maybe only use it in the RZ on lesser opponents. We saw some pretty poor blocking from the WRs (S-S, Rogers & Bryant in particular) last week so I hope they step up in that area. I expect the Vikes to be a little more aggressive with their Safeties, so I doubt there will be 1 sitting 25yds off the LOS like the Browns did. Xavier Rhodes is expected to shadow AB this week. Fun fact: they grew up together & both went to the same high school.

Defense... The battle in the trenches is going to be fierce. Not a good week to be without Tuitt. Minnesota loves the ground & pound, but they are a well balanced team. After Cook racked up 130yds on the ground last week they are going to want to run the ball, and run it often. Thankfully the D-line depth is solid because they are going to be tested this week. Alualu & Walton are going to see a lot of work. Agree with ATL in that they need to keep the pressure on through 4 quarters. This is not a team to get lax against. Bradford has plenty of skill to dice this defense up if given the time to operate. Thielen & Diggs are very dynamic, and then throw in how well Rudolph controls the center of the field, this secondary is going to have their hands full if the front 7 doesn't get the job done. Davis & Shazier vs. Rudolph & Cook will be big matchups to watch. Also Hilton/Gay/Sens. vs Diggs inside. Limiting the chunk yardage will be key.

Injuries... Dupree's status is still a little hazy. His shoulder injury got a 2nd opinion and it appears as though he isn't at a high risk of further harming the injury, but still recommended to give it another week off. Dupree only talked about having to "deal with the pain" so he's wanting to play. Probably will come down to a Tomlin decision on gameday. But MT's deciding factor has always been practice participation. So we'll have to monitor closely how much he practices today & tomorrow. Nothing has been declared with Tuitt, but don't expect him to play. They dodged a bullet & will be treating him with the kid gloves. I don't expect them to even let him practice this week. He will continue to get strength tested daily to see how well his arm responds & let that dictate his participation. Hawkins' injury may be why they are holding onto Feiler. Both Hubbard & Feiler have OT abilites. Doesn't seem likely to have Hawkins back to practice this week. Wilcox was reported to have symptoms on Monday morning so his availability is at risk. Golden could be the only backup at the S position, with Gay as the emergency backup.

Stillers rarely drop their home opener, 9-1 under Tomlin. This game scares me a little more than it should though. Last week's contest left a sour taste in my mouth. I hope they focus on minimizing penalties for down and distance's sake because they will get eaten alive by the Vikes D if not. 3rd down O & D will be key.

Closely contested, but Steeler should be able to win this game.

Steelers 20 - Vikes 14

DL...great that Tuitt won't be missing extended time...it would be nice to have him, but Alualu being a long time starter with Hargrave and LT able to rotate in no one should get gassed on that DL even with Tuitt out. If it were me I'd give Tuitt another week.

ILB...this will be a key game for the inside backers to stop the play at the point of attack...if Cook gets beyond the ILB, we start to get in hope prayer mode with Mitchell being able to clean tackles....the last thing I want to see is Mitchell catching Cooks heel dust.

I'm not as concerned about their DEF shutting the Steelers down, but I'm never one to get too excited about a Haley game plan. Even though it's only week 2, this is a bit of a statement game considering how MIN handled NO in week 1.

I think the team will be fired up and take care business on the home field.

Yeah, I s

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not taking the Vikings lightly. I don't know if the New Orleans D just sucks or if the Vikings' Offense is that good. Dalvin Cook will be the main target of our defense. They stop him, they could probably run away with the game. These are the types of games they struggle with. I'm optimistic we will take care of business, wouldn't be surprised if it's another close game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he said the same thing last week. The decision isn't his to make. So I'll believe it when I see it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it'll be a good game and good test for both.

Pitt wins, 24-17.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it'll be a good game and good test for both.

Pitt wins, 24-17.
Raiders gonna stomp the Jets this weekend?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21728552_741877576003622_8382582428860109617_n.jpg

and thats all I have to say about that

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so.

I think a 27-6 win sounds about right Maybe, 27-10.
I'm expecting a 6 sack day from Mack. Jets might as well crawl into the fetal position

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still doesn't mean he's playing. But I like his confidence.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game vs the Saints surprised me. I knew the Vikes had a good defense but they made Brees look old.

Steeler fans might want to be cautiously optimistic.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game vs the Saints surprised me. I knew the Vikes had a good defense but they made Brees look old.

Why does everybody think the saints are such a great team when in reality they suck camel balls

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does everybody think the saints are such a great team when in reality they suck camel balls

I'm with Misko on this one. Saints are a flash in the pan type team. Never well-rounded but good enough to compete with just about anyone. Their pass-first offense was their downfall last week. They played right into Minnesota's strengths.

But with Todd Haley as the Steelers OC, I'm always cautiously optimistic.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Misko on this one. Saints are a flash in the pan type team. Never well-rounded but good enough to compete with just about anyone. Their pass-first offense was their downfall last week. They played right into Minnesota's strengths.

But with Todd Haley as the Steelers OC, I'm always cautiously optimistic.
now you fellas know that I live in the heart of viking territory .. the vikes fans are bragging like they already won the game against the steelers .. its a shame what a little bit of hope will do for some people ..alot of them are already claiming a superbowl victory..