• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Monday Night Football: Bears vs Eagles (Home Opener)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean Howard or Langford, because when Howard finally got a shot it was a 7 yard run then an 8 yard run, got pulled for Langford for a 2 yard loss.
No, I meant Howard. Langford can sit fer all IGAF

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for more of this the next 2+ seasons then. And pray you get it right.

More of this for the next 2+ seasons? We just want the last 7 seasons to stop already.

Didnt you just watch a #2 pick just throttle this team? Drafting a QB works some times.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathan already scheduled for thumb surgery.

As far as where does Jeffrey go in the second half, teams are not concerned about the rest of the receivers, he is doubled at minimum.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team was in complete shambles last night...Our O-line so far has been complete garbage and this after we signed Sitton,which I would have thought would have strengthened the line...terrible.

Jay is terrible.....And don`t give me the bomb to AJ was all Jay either.....He heaved it up after AJ faked the safety so bad he had no one arouind him and Jay still threw the ball short......
Langford was terrible.(maybe o-line`s fault he has no room to run):noidea:

Defense was ok.......we were up against a rookie qb tho.I wonder what its gonna be like when play vs Rodgers and co.?

I have my doubts we win 2 maybe 3 games all season.......and it kinda looks like so far ESPN ranked us to hi at 29 to start the season.......WE BLOW!!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't put it all on Jay, I will always look back to McCown's performance under Trestman's offense as proof that sometimes Cutler played outside the offense to the detriment of the team...

The problem with this is, that McCown played his only truly good game against the worst statistical defense in NFL history. In the 2013 Dallas Cowboys. His defensive schedule was cake, and outside of that game. He was very mediocre, and was 2-3 on the season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team was in complete shambles last night...Our O-line so far has been complete garbage and this after we signed Sitton,which I would have thought would have strengthened the line...terrible.

Jay is terrible.....And don`t give me the bomb to AJ was all Jay either.....He heaved it up after AJ faked the safety so bad he had no one arouind him and Jay still threw the ball short......
Langford was terrible.(maybe o-line`s fault he has no room to run):noidea:

Defense was ok.......we were up against a rookie qb tho.I wonder what its gonna be like when play vs Rodgers and co.?

I have my doubts we win 2 maybe 3 games all season.......and it kinda looks like so far ESPN ranked us to hi at 29 to start the season.......WE BLOW!!!!

Was waiting for someone to knock Jay for the bomb to Alshon. Give me a break, lol. He was on the run AWAY from the play, turned across his body and threw right before contact falling away. It was a very good play.

And yeah... time to see what Howard can do, IMO. Only guy that looks like he may have feature back ability on the roster. He has size, strength, burst, speed... Time to give him a look.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would walk in this morning as coach...I would pull AJ, Royal, Jordan Howard and Jerrell Freeman to the side of the room, then I tell everyone else that they are not safe, and that they will have to earn their start this week.

I would add Eddie Royal to this list as well. He's been a bright spot, and clearly is one of the more intelligent guys on the team. Plays hard. He's earned his keep. As has Trevathan and Willie Young. IMO.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny? It would not shock me if we played Dallas very tough next week. Just seems its how the NFL goes. lol

That team has no choice but to play with a lot of heart come Sunday night. I think we will at least see them compete.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Eddie Royal to this list as well. He's been a bright spot, and clearly is one of the more intelligent guys on the team. Plays hard. He's earned his keep. As has Trevathan and Willie Young. IMO.

Second person mentioned actually, but if we're adding players, I'll take Willie Young too.

Trevathan needs to stay on the field. Too many injuries in preseason and now with the thumb, but ya, I like him too.

Bears a landfill fire right now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second person mentioned actually, but if we're adding players, I'll take Willie Young too.

Trevathan needs to stay on the field. Too many injuries in preseason and now with the thumb, but ya, I like him too.

Bears a landfill fire right now.

Whoa. Lol, just re-read the original post. No idea how I missed Royal's name. Sorry. :doh:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Cutler throws those INT's at the worst possible time. The guy has a strong throwing arm but has way too many brain farts. Just my two cents.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Cutler throws those INT's at the worst possible time. The guy has a strong throwing arm but has way too many brain farts. Just my two cents.

I agree.

This is how every game seems to me....

They start out horribly, either on O or D. Then they start to look somewhat competitive on D. Slowly building to a fairly dominant drive right before the half, going in to half,barely ahead or behind...then Cutler turns it over in the 3rd, their O chews up the entire 3rd qtr, finishing with a TD. We go into the 4th down by 2 scores and the shit completely fucking implodes.

Lather, rinse repeat.

Reactions: GNG

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While there is certainly a trend with this. Cutler is also under appreciated for his performance late in games as well. He had a multi-year stretch, which may have even gone well into last season. In which he had the best 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL, and has been right up there in game tying/game winning drives as well.

However, yes... he's thrown quite a few costly INT's that make you want to bang your head against a brick wall.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strong arm but under throws the deep ball and they just turn into jump balls. As far as running away, throwing as he is going down, right, he does not repeat his mechanics either.

I wont be surprised with a good showing against Dallas. They took the last game our backup was going to play in as a guaranteed win too. The bigger deal if Hoyer starts is we might actually see the running game and Kevin White will get the ball.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was waiting for someone to knock Jay for the bomb to Alshon. Give me a break, lol. He was on the run AWAY from the play, turned across his body and threw right before contact falling away. It was a very good play.

Really? I think you are exaggerating a tad...

While not ideal, I think the best you can say is what someone said earlier... He's developed some VERY bad habits due to the fact that he's been running for his life for so long... I'd submit this throw as an example of that.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this is, that McCown played his only truly good game against the worst statistical defense in NFL history. In the 2013 Dallas Cowboys. His defensive schedule was cake, and outside of that game. He was very mediocre, and was 2-3 on the season.

A bit revisionist (Maybe hoping I wouldn't go back and look?). McCown played within the offense and did well.

He was actually 3-2 in games he started... The Redskins game where Cutler first got hurt he took over in the 2nd half and we lost 45-41 Cutler was 3-8 for 28 yards and an INT when he left, McCown finished 14-20 for 204 yards and 1 TD...

Next week McCown BEATS THE PACKERS putting up 272 yards and 2 TDs (Once again 0 INTs... You'll see this nifty little trend continue BTW.)

Lions game next week is Cutler's return. He once again underplays an injury, McCown comes in and leads a go ahead drive but we ultimately lose the game to Calvin Johnson (As always seemed to happen).

Then the Ravens. We win 23-20... McCown throws for a modest 216 1 TD and 0 INT

Got smoked by the Rams (Who were a pretty darn good defense BTW) 42-21... But McCown went 36-47 for 352 2 TD and 1 INT (Yes, he finally threw one).

Lost in OT to the Vikings the next week McCown 23-36 for 355 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTS

And then yes, the Dallas game against a terrible defense. McCown 27-36 4 TDs and 0 INTS , oh, and he also ran in a 5th TD...

So I'll stand by what I said. His schedule wasn't "cake". He performed admirably and effectively withing Trestman's offense and most importantly limited turnovers (But was hardly a "Game Manager"... He put up numbers too.)... Its fine to argue that perhaps McCown was simply a better fit in Trestman's offense, but one of the knocks on Cutler has always been that he doesn't play within the offense and it was especially the knock on him under Trestman...

End of season stats

Cutler: 63.1 comp %, 226.3 yds/gm, 19 TDs, 12 INTs, QB Rating: 89.2
McCown: 66.5 comp %, 224 yds/gm, 13 TDs, 1 INT, QB Rating: 109.0

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I think you are exaggerating a tad...

While not ideal, I think the best you can say is what someone said earlier... He's developed some VERY bad habits due to the fact that he's been running for his life for so long... I'd submit this throw as an example of that.

yep, stop, jump, phenomenal catch, get hammered. A big arm quarterback would have made that to the goal line where Alshon would not have stopped or gotten hit. Its too much to ask from Cutler. Look how awkwardly Alshon went down.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, stop, jump, phenomenal catch, get hammered. A big arm quarterback would have made that to the goal line where Alshon would not have stopped or gotten hit. Its too much to ask from Cutler. Look how awkwardly Alshon went down.
60+ yards in the air while on the run, just before getting hit... But sure... It's easy. SMH. :doh::scratch:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60+ yards in the air while on the run, just before getting hit... But sure... It's easy. SMH. :doh::scratch:

He was under just as much pressure when he should have thrown the ball, two seconds before he ran, Jeffrey was open immediately. Even when its clear evidence he held on too long, you still have an excuse. He stopped running, threw the ball and Alshon was split in half like Johnny Knox was. Seriously, how many hits like this is a receiver supposed to take in a season? Elite quarterbacks dont send their receivers to the slaughter house.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was under just as much pressure when he should have thrown the ball, two seconds before he ran, Jeffrey was open immediately. Even when its clear evidence he held on too long, you still have an excuse. He stopped running, threw the ball and Alshon was split in half like Johnny Knox was. Seriously, how many hits like this is a receiver supposed to take in a season? Elite quarterbacks dont send their receivers to the slaughter house.

Stop it. It's a PA pass, by the time he finishes the fake, there is someone coming right up the gut at him. He throws it there, and his knee is wide open for the taking. Almost a guaranteed torn ACL.

It was a great play by Jay.

Criticize him for the all shit he does wrong, but let's leave the few things he does right alone.

I agree Joey completely on this one. It was a great "save" play by Jay, after more terrible line play.

The game as a whole, Cutler can fuck right off, but that play, he did all he could do, and came away with a big play.

I don't take any of your criticisms of Cutler serious, because you are sooo blatantly biased against him, that you'll find complaints, where there is none.