• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: The Mighty Lions are Coming to Lumen 4:05/1:05 FOX/ CTV

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2020 season? K I admit I get a little drunk from time to time, but Jesus Christ, dude....
I'm sure it is the Seahacks starting the 2020 season today, not the Seahawks.

home improvement work GIF by WIESEMANN 1893

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, fans booing they aren't going in from the 1y line in a blowout.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last game as a Seahawk? There's another game next week.... is it possible for someone to be more drunk than me? WTF

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last game as a Seahawk? There's another game next week.... is it possible for someone to be more drunk than me? WTF
They had been saying last HOME game earlier, but at some point stopped adding that.

One of the worst coverage on a broadcast I've seen in years.

Reminds me of the Ron Fairly days for the M's.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had been saying last HOME game earlier, but at some point stopped adding that.

One of the worst coverage on a broadcast I've seen in years.

Reminds me of the Ron Fairly days for the M's.

lol I'm assuming that's what they meant to say, but to echo your point... that was a horrendous broadcast. I mean it was hilariously bad, I was genuinely amused by it... One of the few times I didn't just mute the game, lol.

And Ron Fairly... I love how if you Google that name one of the search results is "What happened to Ron Fairly." LOL

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I'm assuming that's what they meant to say, but to echo your point... that was a horrendous broadcast. I mean it was hilariously bad, I was genuinely amused by it... One of the few times I didn't just mute the game, lol.

And Ron Fairly... I love how if you Google that name one of the search results is "What happened to Ron Fairly." LOL

Gus Johnson was Not Bad but Talib was Horrible.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one really doubted Penny's ability just his durability. He is like a sports car that does 200MPH and has crazy performance but hits one bump in the road and needs a total rebuild.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not get to watch the game today till real late matter of fact I just finished it like 30 minutes ago. I wont take away what the Hawks were able to do on offense just because they played a team in the race for the #1 over all pick in this coming draft but I also wont look past it. They beat up a bad team and showed that their is still a big gap between them and the worst in the league. The defense is depleted and it showed. Dline can't get pressure and the only players in the front 4 I would keep are Poona Ford ( Love that name ), Taylor, Green and maybe Dunlap if they would play him more! Neal's play at SS is as good as Adams for a fraction of the cost and if you ask me his added quickness makes him slightly better and of course he can catch.

This offseason what I would do to help rebuild parts of this team.
#1 Trade Bobby ( if it's just a minor knee sprain ) after resigning and restructuring his contract for a 2nd and 6th or 3rd and 5th and try to get a late round in 2023 ( 7th )
#2 Trade Jamal Adams, try and get the best you can for him. Someone still might bite for a 3rd round pick. If not how about a 4th and 6th.
#3 Trade DJ Dallas for a young CB that has also shown potential like Dallas has. Nothing major just some possible roster fodder with upside. Maybe throw in a 6th round pick if we get one from one of the trades up above to increase the talent level a little more in said CB.

FA
Sign 2nd level guys not the stars but good signings none the less. Grab a DT or two a CB or two. Always try and upgrade the Oline. I think they need to sign like 4 to 5 quality guys not stars in this up coming FA period ( 28 max age please ) not counting their own Free agent players . Then go into this draft and Draft BPA in NEED positions. Don't try and get cute and pass on say a Chubb for a Penny. You all understand what I mean by this I am sure lol. Then of course sign your FA you need to keep. This should be possible with the around 90+ million cap space we would have after the trades.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest move they need to make is get some actually talented Coaches in here. I am not saying Norton or Pete I am saying the major shit show we got almost every place else.

Also those announcers were the WORST oh my god!

Wilson still looks off but you can see he is closer now than ever before to being his old self. It was just to much to ask for someone that had broken their finger ( in three places!?!? I just heard it was broken but if it was in 3 places yeah that really explains a lot ) and had a completely ruptured tendon to come back after 3 weeks. He wont be 100% till around Late Feb early March.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one really doubted Penny's ability just his durability. He is like a sports car that does 200MPH and has crazy performance but hits one bump in the road and needs a total rebuild.

That but at the same time let's not forget his 3 great performances were against the worst rush defense, and the 5th and 9th worst ones as well. Yah they all went down a little bit from Penny, but they were all pretty shit (Houston was the worst ranked) prior to Seattle playing em.

When he went against an actual decent rush D (Rams) he didn't do much (although we only ran him 11 times lol).

Arizona is a pretty okay rush defense (at least above average) so I'll be curious to see what he does there. If he has a big game, wouldn't be surprised if someone pays him a contract above what we'd be willing to give out. Knowing our luck then he'll magically stay healthy and be a 1,000 yard rusher for the next 5 seasons.

Reactions: MrS

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just Detroit, but did anyone else hang 50+ on them this year? I don't think so, and in fact they were playing some decent ball lately. Some of my takeaways:
  • Rashaad Penny is putting together a pretty nice video resume for any prospective suitors to sign him for '22. Even with a clunker vs the Rams, totals from his last 4 games: 481 yards on 69 carries (6.97 ypc), 5 TDs. It doesn't change the reality that he's been a disappointment as a 1st round pick, but he's definitely not going out quietly and will undoubtedly be looking at another chance somewhere next season.
  • What kind of year has it been for Russell Wilson? The kind where he had surgery on his throwing hand in the middle of it. I think any kind of criticism on his play this season just has to include a discussion about that, or there's a credibility problem with whoever is doing the criticizing. He is still a top 5 QB in this league, still multiple prime years left in his career.
  • Is the Bobby Wagner era over in Seattle? I went to the game yesterday thinking it very well could be the last time on the Seattle sideline for either Russell Wilson or Pete Carroll, but it's quite possible Bobby played his last game in a Seahawks uniform. '22 is the last year of his deal, and I just don't think they let him play it out at $20M. I also don't think he's very tradeable due to his age and contract situation, so the most likely outcome in my view is they release him and turn the LB room over to Jordyn Brooks and Cody Barton. An extension would be ideal, but the money might be a problem.
  • I remain confused as to the reason(s) why we have so frequently seen DK Metcalf disappear in games this season when you have examples like yesterday of what happens when he's involved early and often. Every Sunday I watch other teams with similarly special WR talent make a point of it to put the ball in that player's hands, and we have just failed to do that too often with DK this year. Is it the scheme? Is it the HC? Is it the OC? Is it a disconnect between Russ and DK? Last season on Dec 1st, DK led the NFL in rec yards. Right now he's 28th and stands at least a fair chance of not topping 1k yards despite 1 more game added to the schedule. It's unacceptable and if not fixed, I can't see DK wanting to stay here. And I wouldn't blame him one bit.
So where do we go from here for next year? I can't see us just running it back and thinking we were just an injury here or there away from contending. Some wholesale changes are in order. I still think it's time to move on from Pete and bring someone in who will better take advantage of our passing game talent, but I guess we will find out soon enough. I don't buy the theory that Russell wants out of Seattle, but I would listen to an argument being made that he may not want to keep playing for PC. If Pete is still here next week after black Monday, then that's the 1st indicator of what direction we might be going in a potential Carroll-Wilson divorce. Should be an interesting off-season.