• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: The Mighty Lions are Coming to Lumen 4:05/1:05 FOX/ CTV

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks threw some of those 5 yard crossers this last game that hit for 8-10 yards every time. They have not thrown that close to the los with much success ( they barely ever did it ) this season but we all were screaming for it. Wilsons gloves was weird so what's the story on that everyone? I mean the fingers were cut off of his throwing hands glove. lol

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Wagner most likely missing the game this coming week - it's most likely that Brooks will pass him in tackles and will break his two week old team record.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks threw some of those 5 yard crossers this last game that hit for 8-10 yards every time. They have not thrown that close to the los with much success ( they barely ever did it ) this season but we all were screaming for it. Wilsons gloves was weird so what's the story on that everyone? I mean the fingers were cut off of his throwing hands glove. lol
it seemed to me he only through over the middle if he had a gap to throw through. a better defense takes that away with ease.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seemed to me he only through over the middle if he had a gap to throw through. a better defense takes that away with ease.
Good defenses can't stop those crossing patterns against speedy WRs. Rams and Chiefs are very successful and that's something this teams needs to start doing more of. Of course not every play but in the mix more often than throw the ball deep every other play.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defenses can't stop those crossing patterns against speedy WRs. Rams and Chiefs are very successful and that's something this teams needs to start doing more of. Of course not every play but in the mix more often than throw the ball deep every other play.
I dont think he has the height to make those throws regularly, teams just have to close the gaps and he cant see his WRs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he has the height to make those throws regularly, teams just have to close the gaps and he cant see his WRs.
That's true so we need an offensive minded coach that'll work to RW's strength. Those crossing patterns can be big chunk plays.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is interesting: NFL QB Passing Heat Maps

brees is only an inch or two taller but his throws are more evenly distributed while you can see wilson throws outside quite a bit more than he does inside. teams dont have to defend the middle of the field and it has killed our offense especially when run game is not productive.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah and running DK on the sprint crosser is a weapon! he can out round anyone and we have only seen them use that close crosser maybe 5 times in 2 years! I never see enough action in our shallow crossing game and this is what they need to do to break the umbrella defense.

You run DK on that Shallow crossing route and have success, this then makes the backers look for it. Then when you run it again the linebackers will suck up to the LoS to try and stop DK underneath and Lockett will be wide open on the deep/medium crosser in the open area vacated by the Linebackers.