• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 15...@ JAX

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those still following the hometown pro football team.

Hankerson was waived injured this week, Willie Moe went season ending IR...again.

There is strong talk most of the week about the GM/asst GM on a go forward basis...with a bunch of PSLs still to be sold for this new stadium and a lot of fans holding Dimitroff's feet to the fire...if they don't close out strong and that might mean win out...chances are both are gone.

JAX...I think ATL, has more talent across the board, but if they can't get Bortles on the ground, this will be a close game...have no clue on the outcome at this point, but I expect Ryan to play well and the OFC to show more than they have the past two months.

We shall see.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game today (I live near Jax). Pretty good stuff today.

Personally, I think Jacksonville is better than their record implies. Matt Ryan looked a little better today, although he still missed some plays. Freeman performed fairly well. The defense was solid as well.

I doubt we're making the Playoffs though.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even if we somehow win out we would still probably miss the playoffs since Seattle and Minnesota only need one more to get to 10 wins. I agree that Jacksonville is probably a little better than their record indicates but they aren't necessarily a team that can compete for a Super Bowl yet. They have come a long way in a short period of time but they need a few more pieces.

It was nice to finally see ATL get a win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even if we somehow win out we would still probably miss the playoffs since Seattle and Minnesota only need one more to get to 10 wins. I agree that Jacksonville is probably a little better than their record indicates but they aren't necessarily a team that can compete for a Super Bowl yet. They have come a long way in a short period of time but they need a few more pieces.

It was nice to finally see ATL get a win.

Yep, any win was good. Especially for Ryan.

Idk if Matt is giving patterns away but he's getting a lot more balls batted down lately to be a 6'-4" QB. With Hankerson out of the mix, Shanny has been forced to get Roddy back involved...the old man came thru with some big catches.

Even though the production was not there...I like the run balance.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, any win was good. Especially for Ryan.

Idk if Matt is giving patterns away but he's getting a lot more balls batted down lately to be a 6'-4" QB. With Hankerson out of the mix, Shanny has been forced to get Roddy back involved...the old man came thru with some big catches.

Even though the production was not there...I like the run balance.
He has been telegraphing a lot of passes this year and he has basically looked at one read (Julio) all year. I can see how that is happening a lot more for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been telegraphing a lot of passes this year and he has basically looked at one read (Julio) all year. I can see how that is happening a lot more for him.

Definitely the 1st read...that's for sure...98% of the time it seems.

Off topic.

Been struggling with an upcoming purchase I posed on a A/V forum and got mixed thoughts from the techie crowd...I know this is probably a personal preference thing, you seem more tech savvy than most...your thoughts?

Basically a TV purchase for a sunroom space we are finishing up. Space will likely be used everyday. The most used seats will be 17-18' away from the TV, about 12' for the other chairs...budget is under $2k but ideally would like to spend $1500.

1. SUHD....55", $1600...this is the latest and greatest 4k TV that is not an OLED set, recent price drop has me somewhat interested in this set that was $2200-2400 a few mos ago.
  2. UHD...55", $1000, probably the most well featured TV
  3. UHD......65", $1500...very good picture, entry level smart TV, has everything we would use and more
  4. 1080p....65", $800...the current technology
I'm leaning towards the 65" because I already have that screen size (1080p plama) in the loft area and from 14-15' away it works for my aging eyes. At the same time I can see the 55" just fine really.

I'm torn spending the extra money on a 4k set. DirectV/cable will probably come out with a station or two just for advertising purposes to say they have ultra HD. Main stream programming in 4k res is probably going to be in the streaming variety for the next decade plus.

My brother in law says the extra $200 to get the 4k set in the 55" is a no brainer.

What would you do?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the 1st read...that's for sure...98% of the time it seems.

Off topic.

Been struggling with an upcoming purchase I posed on a A/V forum and got mixed thoughts from the techie crowd...I know this is probably a personal preference thing, you seem more tech savvy than most...your thoughts?

Basically a TV purchase for a sunroom space we are finishing up. Space will likely be used everyday. The most used seats will be 17-18' away from the TV, about 12' for the other chairs...budget is under $2k but ideally would like to spend $1500.

1. SUHD....55", $1600...this is the latest and greatest 4k TV that is not an OLED set, recent price drop has me somewhat interested in this set that was $2200-2400 a few mos ago.
  2. UHD...55", $1000, probably the most well featured TV
  3. UHD......65", $1500...very good picture, entry level smart TV, has everything we would use and more
  4. 1080p....65", $800...the current technology
I'm leaning towards the 65" because I already have that screen size (1080p plama) in the loft area and from 14-15' away it works for my aging eyes. At the same time I can see the 55" just fine really.

I'm torn spending the extra money on a 4k set. DirectV/cable will probably come out with a station or two just for advertising purposes to say they have ultra HD. Main stream programming in 4k res is probably going to be in the streaming variety for the next decade plus.

My brother in law says the extra $200 to get the 4k set in the 55" is a no brainer.

What would you do?
I have a feeling the 4K sets won't be a standard until it's almost time to upgrade. Direct TV also came out with 3D channels not too long ago and it never really caught on but I could see 4K eventually getting there because it has to do with overall quality. If it were me I'd just look for a decently priced LED that has the size you're looking for. This will likely save you quite a bit of money for now. I have a not-so-smart TV and I usually just use my XBOX for streaming services because it can be a pain to do it through just the TV. If you have a device that already accesses the streaming services (DVD player, XBOX, PS4, Roku, Chromecast, etc.) I'd just go with a regular old TV because you're not really getting anything you don't already have. I guess I'd go with option #4.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the 4K sets won't be a standard until it's almost time to upgrade. Direct TV also came out with 3D channels not too long ago and it never really caught on but I could see 4K eventually getting there because it has to do with overall quality. If it were me I'd just look for a decently priced LED that has the size you're looking for. This will likely save you quite a bit of money for now. I have a not-so-smart TV and I usually just use my XBOX for streaming services because it can be a pain to do it through just the TV. If you have a device that already accesses the streaming services (DVD player, XBOX, PS4, Roku, Chromecast, etc.) I'd just go with a regular old TV because you're not really getting anything you don't already have. I guess I'd go with option #4.

Thanks...it figures, the most common sense approach.

I asked the Best Buy and HHGregg sales guys to "sell me" on 4k TV...just to pick their brain...the Bestbuy guy did the best job imo because he was the most honest...he said, unlike 720p to 1080pm double the resolution is double that of 1080 and is fairly easy to see.

If the increased resolution means anything you most likely will seek out the programming to take advantage of the newer technology, but as you said, he doesn't see it ever being truly mainstream anytime soon. 3D and imo SmartTV are both busts if you will. The lower end Smart TVs the remotes are very cumbersome to navigate the web, and stream content.

I have a couple more days before Christmas to make up my mind...if the streaming cost don't add any incremental cost to what I'm already spending on Cable/netflix account, I do think I would appreciate the increased resolution from what I saw in the store....I'm leaning towards 3, but part of me is willing to wait til spring to see where the 65" UHD tv prices are by then...but another part of me wants this to be SB party space.

Most likely option 3 or 4....thanks again.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...it figures, the most common sense approach.

I asked the Best Buy and HHGregg sales guys to "sell me" on 4k TV...just to pick their brain...the Bestbuy guy did the best job imo because he was the most honest...he said, unlike 720p to 1080pm double the resolution is double that of 1080 and is fairly easy to see.

If the increased resolution means anything you most likely will seek out the programming to take advantage of the newer technology, but as you said, he doesn't see it ever being truly mainstream anytime soon. 3D and imo SmartTV are both busts if you will. The lower end Smart TVs the remotes are very cumbersome to navigate the web, and stream content.

I have a couple more days before Christmas to make up my mind...if the streaming cost don't add any incremental cost to what I'm already spending on Cable/netflix account, I do think I would appreciate the increased resolution from what I saw in the store....I'm leaning towards 3, but part of me is willing to wait til spring to see where the 65" UHD tv prices are by then...but another part of me wants this to be SB party space.

Most likely option 3 or 4....thanks again.
Another thing to think about is whether your HDMIs, cable box, and other devices are actually running 1080p. A 4K TV doesn't do anything for you if you can't actually watch anything in 4K. You might be able to spend some extra money for the resolution to be scaled up but for the most part you'd be watching 1080p programming on a 4K set.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to think about is whether your HDMIs, cable box, and other devices are actually running 1080p. A 4K TV doesn't do anything for you if you can't actually watch anything in 4K. You might be able to spend some extra money for the resolution to be scaled up but for the most part you'd be watching 1080p programming on a 4K set.

1080p...that part I'm sure is coming thru in max res...it's very good, don't get me wrong...but there is a noticeable difference.

I'm not there yet, but at some point, I'm probably going to cut the cord and ditch cable for 100% streaming which does have some 4k content now.

I have an iphone6 but not one to chase technology normallynso I'll probably end up with the LED unless a great offer is made.