• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13...@ Bengals ***MNF***

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say Juju Fuckin Ward.......

We Dey.......

Paybacks are a mother fucker!!!!!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you didn't condone cheap plays?

I don't, but you heard AB.

Fuck Burfict the cvnt had it coming.
A good hit on the dirtiest prick in football.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if that hit was against any other player I would have been angry about it.

Against Burfict though? Knock his ass out of the league for the greater good. You might save 2-3 careers by getting his stupid ape-ass off the field.

The taunting was bush-league and very unlike JuJu. That surprised me. Especially after Shazier.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a rainy night in Cincinnati…

PIT wins 23-20 featuring some bizarre plays(Jackson #22, Dupree #48???), and lots of hard hitting.

The Steelers notched #10 and 6 consecutive vs CIN in a fierce battle with a determined Bengals team. Congrats to Tomlin and staff for making some real halftime adjustments.

Taking a moment…prayers go out to our own Ryan Shazier especially, but also Vontaze Burfict and Joe Mixon of the Bengals. All were knocked out of the game on big hits…the early reports are positive for Ryan. Burfict will almost certainly go into Concussion Protocol, but I expect he will be okay, same with Mixon.

Per my norm, below are my grades OFC, DEF, ST.

OFC…3 of 5

The 1st half it looked as if Haley had met his match once again. Pick, then drive after drive resulted in nothing. A sack killed another drive, Ben hit a few other times. One big pass play by Bell and the recipient of one of several PI calls is the reason they had anything on the board.

2nd half, the OL got their act together...he still dropped one I thought he should’ve had, but Ben has to be developing more confidence in Bryant and he’s delivering. He made 2 or 3 big catches in the game. Jackson makes a huge mistake not pushing Bell out of bounds, but I’ll take it.

4th and 1, with 12:39 on the clock in the 4th quarter, down 10 points from his own 36 yd line. Tomlin makes the call of the game…let’s go! They execute the play flawlessly and Bell makes it easily. Even though the drive only resulted in a FG, it made a one possession game with roughly 9 mins to go. That kept the run game in lay and his full slate of plays. If they had not gotten anything from that drive and they got the ball back still down 2 possessions, CIN is able to play nickel and tee off on Ben.

Side note…I admit I did and imo you’re not a Steeler fan if you didn’t smile on the Juju hit put on Burfict. The taunting I didn’t care for, but I don’t think he thought he was hurt badly at first.

Iloka made AB pay on his TD catch, but fortunately he was okay.

DEF…3 of 5

Also a tale of two halves. The quick hitting passes kept the DL from getting much pressure on Dalton. Credit the playcalling for keeping PIT off balance with Joe Mixon and the quick passes. When they finally got them in 3rd and long Sensabaugh puts on some of the worst CB play I’ve seen. Butler/Tomlin had enough of that…rookie Sutton gets his job in the 2nd half. Yeah he gave up a 1st down, but play tighten up on that side…curious to see if Sens gets back in there or will Sutton hold it down until Joe comes back.

They got more heat on Dalton in the 2nd half. No picks from him this time, but they did a much better job getting off the field on 3rd down.

Dirty Red was playing well in Shazier’s absence and he goes down…in comes Foyt who I thought made a blunder on 3rd down play, but otherwise held his head up okay. Please tell me Dupree has the hearing of a dog and heard a whistle that no one else heard.

ST…4 of 5

Boswell just keeps doing what he does. Glad he’s kicking for the Steelers. If not for JJ Wilcox this group would have gotten a 5.

Outlook

Although surgery has been ruled out for Shazier…I think it’s safe to say he’s going to miss some time if not the rest of this season. We hope that’s not the case, but we’ll see how that sorts out…wishing the best for him.

This win keeps PIT in the #1 seed position via a tie breaker over NE. The Steelers now turn their attention to another DIV rival. The Ravens who are currently holding the 6th WC position with a game lead on the Chargers. By my math, beat the Ravens and the Steelers will clinch the DIV. I said this was the season to sweep the Ravens…hopefully they can deliver.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is when you have to be happy to be playing Marvin Lewis and the Bengals. Once up 17, they begin the process of playing not to lose..... All the energy they had is now gone.

Some curious calls on 3rd down and short in the 2nd half, but overall I thought CIN played it like they should've on OFC...they kept the running game active with Bernard even after Mixon went out, good balance.

The turning point in the game imo was PIT getting that 1st down on the 4th down play...from that point on, the Steeler OL controlled the LOS.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some curious calls on 3rd down and short in the 2nd half, but overall I thought CIN played it like they should've on OFC...they kept the running game active with Bernard even after Mixon went out, good balance.

The turning point in the game imo was PIT getting that 1st down on the 4th down play...from that point on, the Steeler OL controlled the LOS.

Honestly, I thought the Bengals choked a lot down the stretch. AJ Green drops two passes that would have been first downs and Brandon LaFell dropped one that would have been a first down. What more could Dalton do in that case? Had they completed those passes, they could have kept Pittsburgh off the field. But as you said, once they were able to get on the field, they controlled the line, the D got tired and the game was done.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to read you guys make qualifiers for dirty behavior, when you've told me in the past that the Steelers don't stand for this shit. Whether Burfict deserved it or not, it was a bullshit play to taunt a player he just hit illegally.

FWIW - I think Burfict had it coming. You can only do so many things before getting a target on your back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought the Bengals choked a lot down the stretch. AJ Green drops two passes that would have been first downs and Brandon LaFell dropped one that would have been a first down. What more could Dalton do in that case? Had they completed those passes, they could have kept Pittsburgh off the field. But as you said, once they were able to get on the field, they controlled the line, the D got tired and the game was done.

Idk if I would call it choking...those balls should have been caught but when they happened was a factor in the outcome.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to read you guys make qualifiers for dirty behavior, when you've told me in the past that the Steelers don't stand for this shit. Whether Burfict deserved it or not, it was a bullshit play to taunt a player he just hit illegally.

FWIW - I think Burfict had it coming. You can only do so many things before getting a target on your back.

We're human...

Personally I don't wish Burfict any harm. But, for a guy that has been at the center of repeated fines, etc for his over the line play to get a little of his own medicine just seems like he had it coming eventual.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not any dumber than Antonio Brown I guess. What a dumb comment by Brown on Juju illegal block.

At any rate, I am praying Shazier winds up okay. Never want to see a young man hurt like that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not any dumber than Antonio Brown I guess. What a dumb comment by Brown on Juju illegal block.

At any rate, I am praying Shazier winds up okay. Never want to see a young man hurt like that.
The Karma comment?

Are you implying that Burfict is innocent of any past transgressions?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems reasonable.

Honestly, as much as I pray Shazier is okay and returns to 100% shortly, I think he should be suspended for a game due to leading with the crown of his helmet on a tackle. He got hurt because of that, and the league needs to take those types of tackles serious even if the player he hit was 100% fine with no real issue. Those kinds of hits can paralyze or possible kill the tackler. Crown of helmet should not be used period. Grazing helmets hard but face up...shit happens in a fast pace game. Facemasks to helmets, incidental contact.

Shazier did the same thing a couple years ago to Bernard when he knocked him unconscious. The only difference this time, he didn't hit the WR in the head or neck area, instead he had his head and neck smashed.

If you are going to protect the person getting hit, you need to protect the person doing the hitting. You punish the tackler everytime he puts his head down to make a tackle, eventually, you will get guys to stop doing that.

Iloka deserved to suspended as well. I fully agree.

The only dirty hit I ever remember Burfict doing to a Steeler was Brown in that playoff game, and that hit could have killed Brown if he hadn't pulled up last second. Definitely deserved to be suspended. However, that is the only hit I can remember, not sure why all the hate for Burfict. The tackle on Bell that ended his one season was pure accident on a clean tackle, just unfortunate for the way Bell got folded under Burfict.