• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11: Virginia Tech vs. Florida State (Nov. 8, 2012) Coming to a Lane near you

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a bad feeling our O-line just gets blown up. Hopefully we can get some kind of running game going, but I won't be holding my breath. Mistakes on the defensive and special teams side of the ball will absolutely kill us, so must eliminate.

FSU 31
VT 14

Yeah I agree about the O-line. LT will get a taste of what it's like to have NO help on offense. So far he's had plenty of time to throw most plays. I hope Leal makes an appearance just to see what he can do

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only game FSU has played outside the state of Florida was NC State, and they lost it. They've only played 3 away games total so far, and have looked shaky in each. I think the freezing weather will also play a factor for them Florida boys.

FSU - 17
Hokies - 20

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new depth chart is out. Lots of points of interest:
- Tweedy is now listed as the 1st string whip, ahead of Vandyke. Beamer talked about how well he's been doing on ST, and needing his speed against FSU.
- JGW is no longer listed at whip, even as a reserve. He is listed as the 2nd team Rover, ahead of Cole.
- JR Collins is no longer listed at DE, even as a reserve. He is listed as the 2nd team nose DT (backing up DHop). This bumped Harley from nose DT to the tackle spot (backing up Maddy/AHop).
- back-filling Collins's old DE spot... Wilson moved to the end position from stud end and is co-listed with Marshall as 1st team. Along with this, Dadi moved up to 2nd string at stud end. Won't mind seeing him on the field a bit more when Gayle needs a spell.
- Via is no longer listed as 1st string at either C (Farris) or RG (Benedict). This is good. Not sure why he's not starting over Wang at LG, though.
- Knowles and Fuller continue to be listed as co-1st team with Roberts and Davis, so that was not a 1-week move.
- JC is still listed as the 1st string TB... so it doesn't seem like the lack of carries last week is the coaches losing confidence (which would be silly). He did get a lot of snaps I think. I wonder if the carries thing just goes back to Logan's reads.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Tweedy is now listed as the 1st string whip, ahead of Vandyke. Beamer talked about how well he's been doing on ST, and needing his speed against FSU.
Not sure why we haven't moved either to Backer but whatever.
- JGW is no longer listed at whip, even as a reserve. He is listed as the 2nd team Rover, ahead of Cole.
Not sure what to think of that one. He was ok at best at whip and I'm not sure why he's being moved to rover.

- JR Collins is no longer listed at DE, even as a reserve. He is listed as the 2nd team nose DT (backing up DHop). This bumped Harley from nose DT to the tackle spot (backing up Maddy/AHop).
He's been moved inside before, so I guess it adds more speed to our backup DT position. Ok fair enough

- back-filling Collins's old DE spot... Wilson moved to the end position from stud end and is co-listed with Marshall as 1st team. Along with this, Dadi moved up to 2nd string at stud end. Won't mind seeing him on the field a bit more when Gayle needs a spell.
Good to see Dadi move up. Everytime he's in he seems to make plays.

- Via is no longer listed as 1st string at either C (Farris) or RG (Benedict). This is good. Not sure why he's not starting over Wang at LG, though.
I agree. Wang and Arkema just seem to struggle. Via holds his own so I would like to see him moved to LG as well.

- Knowles and Fuller continue to be listed as co-1st team with Roberts and Davis, so that was not a 1-week move.
- JC is still listed as the 1st string TB... so it doesn't seem like the lack of carries last week is the coaches losing confidence (which would be silly). He did get a lot of snaps I think. I wonder if the carries thing just goes back to Logan's reads.
I think we all hope JC gets more carries.

In addition to the above changes, according to hokiesports, Martin Scales got moved to costarter at FB with Phillips. Interested to see if that means anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but I'm play in a detroit area flag football league and use youtube and I always use hokie football to get pumped up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never understood why he hasn't gotten much playing time on D this year. I thought he did a solid job last year filling for injured players. Considering how much we've struggled, its shocking to me we've waited this long to pluck him from special teams. Whatever I guess. All year this team has made head scratching moves on both sides of the ball.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier in the year, i set the over/under of total margin of defeat between clemson and fsu games at 45. Still on track for that.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to the above changes, according to hokiesports, Martin Scales got moved to costarter at FB with Phillips. Interested to see if that means anything.

I believe that change was made before the Miami game.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
45-13 FSU. Wilder will run all over the place like Shell did in the Pitt game

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently 81 is a mess right now. May be a late arriving crowd.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really excited about tonights game fellas. I really hope we show up and be the team that we thought we were preseason, but I don't see it.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really excited about tonights game fellas. I really hope we show up and be the team that we thought we were preseason, but I don't see it.
We are who we thought we were, and we let them off the hook!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, went to the Skins game last weekend and they fucking played Enter Sandman when they entered the field. That shit pissed me off a little bit.