• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11 Titans...TNF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the party but just got home yesterday evening. Got to watch the game live at my Uncle's house thankfully. Wasn't excited about their chances but I was pleasantly surprised.

Coaching... Another sloppy first half of football, but overall the boys came out to play. Great job by Tomlin to be aggressive in the 1st half & get the ball back after using 3 timeouts. Hasn't always been an area of strength for him. Well I don't think we need anymore evidence that Todd Haley is garbage. They roll out the no-huddle taking Haley out of the equation and they storm the field scoring a TD in about 2.5 minutes. Then they go back to the huddle and net zero yards on 3 separate drives??? Putrid display of football. Haley seemed to redeem himself a little in the 2nd half. I liked the gutsy play-action call on the goal line that setup the wide open JJ TD. I was questioning why he abandoned the run game, but the passing game was heating up so I guess I can get over it. He was still garbage in possession downs (4/12). The defensive scheme was perfect, but lack of execution hindered it early on. They got it sorted out though and Butler's scheme punished the Titans. Mariota was being constantly harrassed and he crumbled. They held the Titans to 3/11 on 3rd downs. That was huge. That was the 5th game in a row the Steelers haven't allowed more than 17 points. Another fun fact, that marks 27 consecutive games without allowing a TD to an opponent's first offensive possession - the longest active streak in the NFL. B+

Offense... After the 1st drive the offense was once again a mess. Key drops on 3rd downs, penalties, fumble, errant throws. It turned ugly quickly. Something still feels very off about Martavis. All the talent in the world yet rarely lives up to it. Same could be said to the entire offense though. Martavis needs to get right fast if he wants to help this team out down the stretch. O-line had a rough game by their standards, but they stood tall when it mattered most. 2nd half protection was better. Heard that Ben gave the offense a pep talk at halftime by calling out the offensive unit to pick it up for the D. The challenge was accepted. Congrats to Ben on not only a great night altogether, but he became the 9th player in NFL history to have 4k career completions (joined Favre, P Manning, Brees, Brayd, Marino, E Manning, Elway & Rivers), and also surpassed Warren Moon for the 8th-most passing yards in NFL history. He was absolutely on fire in the 2nd half. He went 20/23 for 185yds & 3 TDs in the 2nd half. He was perfectly dialed in & Haley was content to keep letting him throw. Nothing like a red hot QB to cover up a terrible OC. If they can get more production like that then this offense will be untouchable. Bell had a relatively quiet night, but he was a mere bystander & wasn't needed. B-

Defense... Overall dominating performance on the stat sheets. The secondary was pretty shaky sans Mitchell & Haden. Titans converted 3/4 3rd downs in the 1st quarter alone, and then stung them with the 75yd TD to open the 2nd half. Could have looked worse if it weren't for Walker's dropped TD. After a strong start to the season Artie Burns is starting to display more inconsistencies. Getting hard to defend a lot of the inexplicable stuff that he does. That 3rd & 6 play where he stopped playing when the ball was in the air to his receiver was ridiculous. He had no idea what was going on until it was too late. Bad tackling was once again a theme in the 1st half. Butler has got to do something about the horrid arm tackling nonsense. Still the unit registered 5 Sacks, 4 INTs, 9 QB hits, and 6 passes defensed. Heyward was an animal once again with 2 sacks, 3 tackles, 2 TFLs, and 3 QB hits. If he doesn't make the pro bowl this year then there is something very wrong with the NFL. B

ST... Boz was a stellar 4/4 with 1 50-yarder. Berry was once again punting with authority. Had a long of 59 yds! Few of his punts pinned them deep. The blocked FG was a great play by Watt. He dismantled that O-lineman. Longest return of the night came on a kickoff that was returned 36yds. I can stomach 1 decent return. A

Overall... The overall performance wasn't a polished product by any means, but this dominating win had a different feel to it. It was more of a complete performance from all 3 phases, instead of the usual reliance on 1 or 2 vs all 3. We finally got a glimpse of what this team CAN be. Now if we could only just see it for 1 complete game we may have ourselves a contender. Even if it comes to fruition I will reserve my doubts so long as Todd Haley is in the building. B+

Injuries

Had a brief scare when Heyward went down. Thankfully he only had the wind knocked out of him and returned. Chickillo left with an ankle injury but also returned. Just a "bumps & bruises" type of game.

Outlook... 10 days of prep before the Packers come into town. I have Packers fans in the family that aren't very excited about their "dumpster fire coming into town" (their words not mine). We all know what that means... Trap game. Feels stupid even talking about it like we are a bunch of superstitious bandwagon fans, but this is the life that we have grown accustomed to being a Steelers fan under the Tomlin regime. As ATL noted, we have the benefit of a primetime game to keep the lapse from being as big as it was in, say, week 3 against Da Bears. But the possibility is still present. Tomlin needs to make a statement in this game if he wants to lock this team in mentally. Let's keep this going.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in time-out all weekend. Apparently, trash talk on other teams boards in not allowed. :L:L:L:L:L

Anyway, great Steelers win Thursday night. I hope this offense is back and there are no more hiccups. We need home-field this year. It's the best chance we'll get to get #7.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in time-out all weekend. Apparently, trash talk on other teams boards in not allowed. :L:L:L:L:L

Anyway, great Steelers win Thursday night. I hope this offense is back and there are no more hiccups. We need home-field this year. It's the best chance we'll get to get #7.
It's pretty easy to ruffle feathers on team forums. Best to keep those comments to the NFL general to avoid this sort of shit. Some forums have "Smack Talk" threads but they are more intended for harmless fun. My opinion is if you get rustled that easily then you shouldnt be on a sports forum/blog in the first place, let alone the internet. The internet is an unfriendly place to those that get offended easily. But in the Hoop's case, they shouldn't have a smack talk thread if they can't handle the smack talk, friendly or not.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty easy to ruffle feathers on team forums. Best to keep those comments to the NFL general to avoid this sort of shit. Some forums have "Smack Talk" threads but they are more intended for harmless fun. My opinion is if you get rustled that easily then you shouldnt be on a sports forum/blog in the first place, let alone the internet. The internet is an unfriendly place to those that get offended easily. But in the Hoop's case, they shouldn't have a smack talk thread if they can't handle the smack talk, friendly or not.

Exactly. Sports fans trash talk. People on the internet talk shit. Mix them together and you got a merry band of shit talking fools. It comes with the territory. In my case, I was told to move my trash talk to the trash talk thread and I did but that obviously wasn't good enough. I then said on the Bengals forum that the wins by Jacksonville and Chicago over us were jokes but so was the entire history of the Bengals and I guess that was considered trolling. Whatever. It is what it is. I'll be careful who I joke around with now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Sports fans trash talk. People on the internet talk shit. Mix them together and you got a merry band of shit talking fools. It comes with the territory. In my case, I was told to move my trash talk to the trash talk thread and I did but that obviously wasn't good enough. I then said on the Bengals forum that the wins by Jacksonville and Chicago over us were jokes but so was the entire history of the Bengals and I guess that was considered trolling. Whatever. It is what it is. I'll be careful who I joke around with now.
Like I said, just steer clear of the individual team forums. People hide in those for a reason because they are thin-skinned.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, just steer clear of the individual team forums. People hide in those for a reason because they are thin-skinned.

In all fairness, we don't tolerate much trash talk by others in our threads...except the Banter Thread...so I try not to be abusive on other teams' boards.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, we don't tolerate much trash talk by others in our threads...except the Banter Thread...so I try not to be abusive on other teams' boards.
True. But we don't hide in here. Guess that's what I was really trying to say. But I thrive on the banter...

7Ma3o.gif