• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1: Virginia Tech Hokies vs Alabama Crimson Tide @ Atlanta, GA (8/31/2103)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 bucks says he plays against VT

Violation of team rules. It says he can be back as soon as a week. So umm yeah.

What's yer beef here?

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No beef.... yet, as I have no idea what he did.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No beef.... yet, as I have no idea what he did.

Probably something to do with attitude, but that's just a wild guess. Saban said "he made a mistake".

If it is serious, he would be suspended for longer. Saban doesn't play around. Just had a player come back from 30 day suspension, so 1 week means it was probably minor.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, cause giving a guy, who is not in a battle for a starting spot, a week off in the preseason sure is a punishment!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fyi - I read somewhere that while VT is considered the home team for this game, we will be dressing in all white (can't 100% confirm this though).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, cause giving a guy, who is not in a battle for a starting spot, a week off in the preseason sure is a punishment!

You don't even know what he did, and they don't have to suspend him at all. The only rumor I've heard was that he was out past curfew.

Saban doesn't play around.

And he is in a battle for the starting spot.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even know what he did, and they don't have to suspend him at all. The only rumor I've heard was that he was out past curfew.

Saban doesn't play around.

And he is in a battle for the starting spot.

No matter what he did, the punishment is weak...if you're going to punish him in the preseason, punish him at practice work him til he almost falls out, if your going to suspend him, suspend him from a game. Those two things will make him think twice about doing whatever he did a second time.

Giving him a week off from practice doesn't really seem to teach a lesson, "as long as I break some minor rule, in the preseason, I get a week off to rest, recover, and play video games? Deal!"

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fyi - I read somewhere that while VT is considered the home team for this game, we will be dressing in all white (can't 100% confirm this though).

change the white to maroon, and i'll be happy....are we getting maroon pants this year??

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what he did, the punishment is weak...if you're going to punish him in the preseason, punish him at practice work him til he almost falls out, if your going to suspend him, suspend him from a game. Those two things will make him think twice about doing whatever he did a second time.

Giving him a week off from practice doesn't really seem to teach a lesson, "as long as I break some minor rule, in the preseason, I get a week off to rest, recover, and play video games? Deal!"

It also gives him an opportunity to slip down the depth chart. There's a shit ton of competition going on right now and if these guys want to play they better be working on football on their own, suspended or not. Otherwise, they don't need to be there anymore anyway. Saban has shown he doesn't mess around, if it was bad he would be missing serious time. It's not like him not playing against VT would be some huge blow anyway.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also gives him an opportunity to slip down the depth chart. There's a shit ton of competition going on right now and if these guys want to play they better be working on football on their own, suspended or not. Otherwise, they don't need to be there anymore anyway. Saban has shown he doesn't mess around, if it was bad he would be missing serious time. It's not like him not playing against VT would be some huge blow anyway.

this is not my opinion based solely on the fact that we open against each other. I'd say the same thing no matter who the team, or coach was, and no matter if we were or were not playing against them, the guy is not going to lose his starting gig, so its really just a time to let him rest up and heal a little bit...just my opinion. I will give Saban credit though, he runs a tighter ship than the rest of the sec

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
change the white to maroon, and i'll be happy....are we getting maroon pants this year??

Yea - I know - better than the orange uniforms I guess. Also I think he equipment guy did hint that we will sport maroon pants at some point this year.

I thought the Priest kid was a bonafide starter for you guys? Is there a better option?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - I know - better than the orange uniforms I guess. Also I think he equipment guy did hint that we will sport maroon pants at some point this year.

I thought the Priest kid was a bonafide starter for you guys? Is there a better option?

He got a lot of playing time last season, especially on special teams, but he hasn't been labeled a starter just yet that I've seen. Bama has some good depth at LB and most (aside from the new guise) got significant playing time last season too. Don't get me wrong, DePriest is a damn good player, but I'm not overly concerned about it. If it were McCarron we were talking about I'd probably be pretty worried lol. QB is one position that the depth is very unproven, not sure the quality just yet.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not my opinion based solely on the fact that we open against each other. I'd say the same thing no matter who the team, or coach was, and no matter if we were or were not playing against them, the guy is not going to lose his starting gig, so its really just a time to let him rest up and heal a little bit...just my opinion. I will give Saban credit though, he runs a tighter ship than the rest of the sec

I understand, and I wasn't taking a shot at VT either (incase it came across that way). Bama's had damn fine players get in Saban's doghouse and basically disappear. Attitude and leadership seem to go as far with Saban as physical attributes do and I'm not sure DePriest has the kind of attitude Saban wants to see out there as of right now. Hopefully he gets his shit together, kid is way too talented to not see significant playing time.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a lot of playing time last season, especially on special teams, but he hasn't been labeled a starter just yet that I've seen. Bama has some good depth at LB and most (aside from the new guise) got significant playing time last season too. Don't get me wrong, DePriest is a damn good player, but I'm not overly concerned about it. If it were McCarron we were talking about I'd probably be pretty worried lol. QB is one position that the depth is very unproven, not sure the quality just yet.

so you're saying we should take McCarron out on the opening snap?:evil:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're saying we should take McCarron out on the opening snap?:evil:

Sure, he's turrible. Y'all would be doing US a favor by taking him out, Bama's 2nd string is waay better anyway.

:whistle:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alabama ranked number 1 in both polls.

VT ranked 28th and 30th, it appears.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91