• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1: Virginia Tech Hokies vs Alabama Crimson Tide @ Atlanta, GA (8/31/2103)

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True - but what makes this game interesting is we should have a good line this year on D that will hopefulyl get some push.

I hope so. That would certainly take some pressure off the offense.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres my take from a neutral fan...logan Thomas isn't all that great of a pocket passer or just passer in general. had bad games vs mediocre teams last year like cincinnatti..much like denard robinson of Michigan last year...so I imagine Alabama is going to spy him and load up to stop the run.

also im not a big fan of these kickoff classics.. seems to be more of a home game for Alabama than a neutral site...I guess same thing would be for VT at meadowlands or something. seems to me Alabama enjoys these neutral site matchups.. not a rough away crowd. chances are much better if it was @ Virginia tech. best of luck to you guys but I say Thomas has to have over 250 yards and 3 tds to have a chance in game

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres my take from a neutral fan...logan Thomas isn't all that great of a pocket passer or just passer in general. had bad games vs mediocre teams last year like cincinnatti..much like denard robinson of Michigan last year...so I imagine Alabama is going to spy him and load up to stop the run.

also im not a big fan of these kickoff classics.. seems to be more of a home game for Alabama than a neutral site...I guess same thing would be for VT at meadowlands or something. seems to me Alabama enjoys these neutral site matchups.. not a rough away crowd. chances are much better if it was @ Virginia tech. best of luck to you guys but I say Thomas has to have over 250 yards and 3 tds to have a chance in game

Nice to get input from a non biased body. I agree with the stat line and I think that Logan will be a better passer, not necessarily a great one but a better one. I'm sure they will force him to win the game for us and if we had more experience in the WR corp I would like the chances better but every year there is a surprise freshman or two, maybe this year it will be one of our guys.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another pretty funny gif from TKP

beamer-smash.gif

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't seen that one yet, good stuff.

Having said that, stop it. :pout:

We need some level of motivation! :) With all of the weaknesses / gaps VT has going into this game, it is tough to think think we can do too much. The only thing we have here is fostering a "nothing to lose" mentality.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need some level of motivation! :) With all of the weaknesses / gaps VT has going into this game, it is tough to think think we can do too much. The only thing we have here is fostering a "nothing to lose" mentality.

I'm sure y'all will come in looking to make a statement, because of that I think this could be a great game. I imagine this is going to be one physical football game. Everybody's gonna be looking for a little contact to start the season out right. After all the spring drills and practices, I'm sure everybody will be happy just to get to hit somebody that's not on there own team lol.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are swirling that Hokie WR, Joel Caleb, is suspended for the Bama game.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is out on both teams that we know of so far?

VT: Caleb, and most likely Exum....anyone else?

Bama:?

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Exum - 2 mos and the jury is out on Caleb.

Also I brought up the Music City bowl game in the VT-Bama thread on the CFB board - oh man. Some of the Bama fans have their panties all in a bunch. Pretty hilarous.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The battle for Exum's spot will be a fun one to watch this camp. Wouldn't be surprised if Facyson won it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The battle for Exum's spot will be a fun one to watch this camp. Wouldn't be surprised if Facyson won it.

They better get someone ready because Bama will be testing that guy early and often.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning should be improved and will give him a run for his money, but I can see that battle going either way. Sounds like Facyson had a very good first day.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning should be improved and will give him a run for his money, but I can see that battle going either way. Sounds like Facyson had a very good first day.

They both have their pluses and minuses. Manning has put on 30 lbs since arriving and has some playing experience, while Facyson seems to be an unbelievable athlete. I have a feeling our DB's will need to be excellent open field tacklers against Bama, so I'd go with the best tackler! With that said, wouldn't it make more sense for Bud to put Kyle back at Rover in the nickle package and place Kendall at CB? I've always been pleased with Kyle's open field tackling, but not so much his man-on-man coverage abilities.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't it make more sense for Bud to put Kyle back at Rover in the nickle package and place Kendall at CB? I've always been pleased with Kyle's open field tackling, but not so much his man-on-man coverage abilities.

Well, right or wrong, that ship has sailed. Kendall worked with Kyle all summer to learn the nickle responsibilities. They'll want to leave him there until he's mastered that now. And this is better for Kyle. He needs to show improved coverage abilities in his last season prior to the draft.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are there still tickets available to this game through VT?

Or is Stub Hub the way to go?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think VT sold their allotment, but don't quote me on that.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 bucks says he plays against VT

Last edited by a moderator: