• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go. A garbage time TD.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe a little soured by this performance tonight.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your kinda douchy. The point is he has had a bad game but he surely has shown some good things for us. Not this game!!! Do I need to hold your hand everytime we break down a player??? Quit acting like I am claiming he has had a great game!!!

Maybe if Hamilton didn’t drop half the passes thrown to him I would have more faith in him. He’s done tonight the same thing he did last year. Drops passes when the team desperately needs him not too.

How is that judging him off 1 play? And what I’ve notified is you can call out players when they suck(as you’ve done with Flacco tonight) but when it’s one of your boys the moment someone says something you’re instantly there to throw a fit complaining that’s it’s only “1 play” it’s not fair to judge them harshly.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, glad to see we fired Vance Joseph for that.

Apparently all Carr needed to look like his former amazing self was to play a Vic Fangio Defense. 0 sacks, 0 turnovers, and almost 400 yards given up. Awesome.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster not good enough
The top tier players on D did nothing
Red zone issues . Fangio out coached Hamilton’s drop was huge for an offense that had not scored a TD all year. Very disappointing effort. That trick play wasnt even executed correctly

And our highest paid Olineman leaves the game 15 minutes in. Can’t solve that RT

Hamilton is going to get ripped a new one. It’s crap plays like that that keep the team crappy. It’s unacceptable

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice Fangio on the sidelines hunched over looking demoralized quite often.

Is his kidney stone gone?

Not alot of confidence oozing tonight

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death by inches.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drop And the 98 yard drive were back breakers in my eyes

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat: Joe Flacco has already completed more throws in the middle of the field than any Broncos quarterback in the last three years.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy stat: Joe Flacco has already completed more throws in the middle of the field than any Broncos quarterback in the last three years.

I had to work and I haven't had a chance to watch the game. Going off of the plays that I've seen, Flacco was not the problem. We needed better play form the O-Line and the receivers to score some points. And we needed better playcalling from the DC to stop drives.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Hamilton didn’t drop half the passes thrown to him I would have more faith in him. He’s done tonight the same thing he did last year. Drops passes when the team desperately needs him not too.

How is that judging him off 1 play? And what I’ve notified is you can call out players when they suck(as you’ve done with Flacco tonight) but when it’s one of your boys the moment someone says something you’re instantly there to throw a fit complaining that’s it’s only “1 play” it’s not fair to judge them harshly.

Is that what you noticed? Flacco has sucked for 10 years minus 1. Hamilton sucked for one game.

Get pissed!! Go crazy!! Throw the remote!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster not good enough
The top tier players on D did nothing
Red zone issues . Fangio out coached Hamilton’s drop was huge for an offense that had not scored a TD all year. Very disappointing effort. That trick play wasnt even executed correctly

And our highest paid Olineman leaves the game 15 minutes in. Can’t solve that RT

Hamilton is going to get ripped a new one. It’s crap plays like that that keep the team crappy. It’s unacceptable

To be honest dropping a pass doesn’t usually get ya ripped in football beaides with fans. But from a coaching standpoint There isn’t a need for it. The player clearly knows what he did wrong and his confidence is already down because of it. Missing assignments and dumb penalties not giving 100% is what will get ya ripped.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a painful display last night. I'm still shocked that our defense couldn't muster up more pressure on Carr. The offense was wildly inconsistent. Gruden clearly out coached Fangio in this one. I only hope that this was a severe wake up call for the Broncos. In hindsight, this team needed more pre-season play to get ready for week one. Injuries and lack of depth are a real issue for this team. We're arguably further away from competitiveness in the NFL than many thought.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed very unprepared. Sluggish to the line. No urgency or leadership by Flacco. Poor execution. Bad special teams. No fire or emotion. Courtland Sutton was one of the few bright spots. Fant played like a rookie. He will be good but he has a lot of learning. ILB play wasn’t good. Jewell made a ton of tackles which is great but nobody really came up and punched Jacobs in the mouth all night. Everyone let the ball carrier come to them. Yiadom looked like Roby all over. No pressure on the QB. At least our kicker looked good. OL collpased. Callhan and James already hurt and missing valuable time.

Beat in every phase of the game. Let the Oakland crowd feed into us. Played scared. No fire in that game. On to the next. We may score a field goal vs the Bears.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question
Was McManus suppose to kick that ball out of the end zone or did the coaches think now was a good time to try out the weakest part of the team.

If the latter , gotta say “I’m done “

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the negatives that came out of last nights game there were a couple positives. The Broncos did show some ability to be explosive in the passing game, and the offense did not turn over the ball, although they were luck as Flacco had some issues with be ball coming out.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not our nite I watched until the middle of the third Quater.

We needed more preseason for starters and no backups killed us.

Raiders were quick throwing early and when they looked to be going for short-run the went deep. got to say that was brilliant of chuckey

Depth of this team is scary bad . We may be in for a long season after all .

I am really not sure yet of anything now .

I have learned to take one game as nothing to prove other than what is was Oakland getting one last chance to be on Monday night football and act like rabbied fans

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question
Was McManus suppose to kick that ball out of the end zone or did the coaches think now was a good time to try out the weakest part of the team.

If the latter , gotta say “I’m done “

I got the feeling that the plan was to try to get a good special teams play and pin the Raiders inside their 15 ..

I don't think it was an error on McManus' part