• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if that were strictly the case, it wouldn't be so heavy up front.. i think homer making it so expensive in the first couple years (27 mil by july 1st, 2013) was set up so that the preds couldn't afford it

also, i think chy asked this, they're allowed to go 10% over the cap in the summer

I don't disagree but maybe Poile new that they couldn't sign weber so with this type of offer he can now go to his season ticket holders and say they couldn't afford the deal and decided to reload with young players. Its an easier sell than letting him walk for nothing next year. Who knows.

In any case other fans are making Homer out to be a dick and I'm fine with that if he blocked the rags from trading for him!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get him, congratulations Flyers. This guy is the real deal. He's big and mean, his slap shot is ridiculously good, he's good in his own end, even better in the offensive zone and he's a leader. The guy is also clutch, he scores big goals in playoff games and shuts opposing forwards down. I've wanted him on the Sharks since his first year in the league.

I can't believe my favorite player in the league is a Philthy Flyer. :D

(j/k, congrats again if you do get him.....at least he's in the Eastern Conference now)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but maybe Poile new that they couldn't sign weber so with this type of offer he can now go to his season ticket holders and say they couldn't afford the deal and decided to reload with young players. Its an easier sell than letting him walk for nothing next year. Who knows.

In any case other fans are making Homer out to be a dick and I'm fine with that if he blocked the rags from trading for him
!

exxxxxactly.. worst case he's in nashville forever.. not w/ the pens.. not w/ the rags.. not w/ the wings.. the preds.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In any case other fans are making Homer out to be a dick and I'm fine with that if he blocked the rags from trading for him!

Probably the same fans that call Burke a dick for not making moves.Homer has proven that he will do whatever it takes to improve the team.

The Suter and Parise offers didn't work out,and boom now he goes for Weber.

The Preds were slow on the trade offers,so Homer decides to go all in.Call or fold.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Probably the same fans that call Burke a dick for not making moves.Homer has proven that he will do whatever it takes to improve the team.

The Suter and Parise offers didn't work out,and boom now he goes for Weber.

The Preds were slow on the trade offers,so Homer decides to go all in.Call or fold.

Exactly and if I'm Poile I'm smiling inside as one way or another he did his best and this gets resolved now.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. Correct me if I'm wrong here in understanding this potential mess for Nashville. If the Preds match the Flyers offer, they have him long term, if they trade him after one year, they have to pay like 27 or so million? It sounds to me that the Preds are better off walking and taking 4 first rounders. Am I understanding this correctly?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. Correct me if I'm wrong here in understanding this potential mess for Nashville. If the Preds match the Flyers offer, they have him long term, if they trade him after one year, they have to pay like 27 or so million? It sounds to me that the Preds are better off walking and taking 4 first rounders. Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, they would retarded to trade him after paying him that much money the first year. That would make zero sense.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they would retarded to trade him after paying him that much money the first year. That would make zero sense.

It sounds to me that this situation would be kind of awkward if the Preds matched since Weber did not sign long term before. If I'm reading into this like it sounds, to me it sounds like Weber wanted out but was being professional about this right along w/o going public. Kind of feel bad for Poille. I can't imagine Nashville matching this offer by the Flyers. In other words, I'm going to buy me a Weber jersey next week.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh OK i am finally able to comment wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo IF HE SIGNS HOMER HAS THE BIGGEST DICK IN THE WORLD!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iF HE DOESNT SIGN HOMETR STILL ROCKS FOR NOT LETTING ANYONE ELSE GET WEBBER

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, whats up las?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nashville is aiming extremely high and will NOT be getting both Coots AND Schenn.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nashville is aiming extremely high and will NOT be getting both Coots AND Schenn.

^^^Agree

I also don't think that after giving up their 4 1st rounders (if Pred don't match),that anyone like Coots,Schenn,Read or Voracek will be used to get back any of those picks.

Why give up young guys that have already proven themselves to reaquire late round picks?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Agree

I also don't think that after giving up their 4 1st rounders (if Pred don't match),that anyone like Coots,Schenn,Read or Voracek will be used to get back any of those picks.

Why give up young guys that have already proven themselves to reaquire late round picks?

Read Gust and Rinaldo am i raping their team to much with this trade