• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Webb

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think - Lock or bubble. The 4 are set. If they keep 5 CBs- its between him and Underwood. Underwood played in front of him this week in practice. Definitely one to watch tomorrow

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think - Lock or bubble. The 4 are set. If they keep 5 CBs- its between him and Underwood. Underwood played in front of him this week in practice. Definitely one to watch tomorrow

I think they keep Webb just because they drafted him where they did..... Thus is the story of the Cowboys.

I know alot are high on him.... I'm not. Like I've said I watched him throughout his college career...... At best a 3rd corner is all he will ever be and will have to be coached up to that..... IMO never going to be a starter in this league... barring a major injury bug

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they keep Webb just because they drafted him where they did..... Thus is the story of the Cowboys.

I know alot are high on him.... I'm not. Like I've said I watched him throughout his college career...... At best a 3rd corner is all he will ever be and will have to be coached up to that..... IMO never going to be a starter in this league... barring a major injury bug
exactly what I w as thinking. he will be on the team no matter what this year, because of where they drafted him. If he sucks in camp (not saying he will) they will make excuses for him & keep him on the team just to not be wrong. (this year anyways)

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly what I w as thinking. he will be on the team no matter what this year, because of where they drafted him. If he sucks in camp (not saying he will) they will make excuses for him & keep him on the team just to not be wrong. (this year anyways)
Barrett Jones from Alabama went the pick before him. I has hoping he would make it to us. When he was still there at the start of the fourth round, I wish we had been aggressive and moved up. He may not be an all pro, but he will be one of those 8-10 year solid starters and we could have used him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He makes the team, and to be honest was he ever meant to be more than 3rd CB? You have Carr and Mo, if you drafted him to ever be anything more than a 3rd CB than you were dead wrong. Just my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett Jones from Alabama went the pick before him. I has hoping he would make it to us. When he was still there at the start of the fourth round, I wish we had been aggressive and moved up. He may not be an all pro, but he will be one of those 8-10 year solid starters and we could have used him

Talked with a few scouts in Dallas and they were not high on him at all, it was told to me that he was not even a consideration to be drafted at any point.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wanting Jones as well, but the Cowboys didn't like Jones & wasn't gonna draft him even if he did fall to us. I don't know what it was the Cowboys didn't like about him, but he was getting drafted by the boys.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wanting Jones as well, but the Cowboys didn't like Jones & wasn't gonna draft him even if he did fall to us. I don't know what it was the Cowboys didn't like about him, but he was getting drafted by the boys.

I heard it was the foot issue I believe, I can ask to get a refresher, but I believe they were afraid of his foot.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it was the foot issue I believe, I can ask to get a refresher, but I believe they were afraid of his foot.

I heard that too but was frustrated because it was inconsistent with what they've been doing. They've gotten credit for drafting better, but in reality, the kids they hit on were either 1st rounders or medical risks. Carter, Murray and Lee were talented kids who slid because of injury risk. B Jones was considered by most to be a 2nd- early 3rd talent and at least the equal of Fredrick.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"inconsistent with what they've been doing"

How so? They showed they won't shy away from college injuries with the picks of Lee, Murray and Carter. They didn't like Jones's game enough to bite. It happens. Pittsburgh didn't have Mike Jenkins draftable and Dallas took him in round one.

Opinions vary.

I just hope Callahan is accountable should this line not be much improved from last season. It's as if he just needed a center of his likings and he was good with what he had already on the roster. NOW....they think they need a guard to keep Fredrick at center????

This COULD (bolded for the redskin readers...lol) be a concern and we're all in on Callahan's opinion this year.

:nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea back the the Mouse ears we had plenty of discussion on what was needed on the OL some of us have been calling for a center for YEARS along with G and the powers that be kept putting it off until it was a class 5 hurricane disaster.
They finally pulled the plug and started the rebuilding but IMHO were not committed enough to fix the problem and tried the little dutch boy approach with Livings and Mac B. Then only drafted 1 OL in this years draft.

I am not bashing any specific player but there had to be at least 1 more lineman that could be drafted early on the board before the 4th round.

when most fans can see the issue and the Team does not respond ( IMHO they failed badly) faith only goes so far in the coaching staff. They have a problem at G and know they have a problem get it fixed be it Waters or someone else and plan to draft a G next year.

Go Cowboys

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you think Barrett Jones think Kyle Kosier's mini me.
Can play across the line.... but not a pro bowler at any.

At best he was going to be a 6th man. Our line sicked so bad Kosier was a starter but he wasnt brought to Dallas to be one. Speaks volumes of our line at the time and even more about KK's heart

That's just not a player you risk a high draft pick on.... lower round sure... not 3rd or above.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea back the the Mouse ears we had plenty of discussion on what was needed on the OL some of us have been calling for a center for YEARS along with G and the powers that be kept putting it off until it was a class 5 hurricane disaster.
They finally pulled the plug and started the rebuilding but IMHO were not committed enough to fix the problem and tried the little dutch boy approach with Livings and Mac B. Then only drafted 1 OL in this years draft.

I am not bashing any specific player but there had to be at least 1 more lineman that could be drafted early on the board before the 4th round.

when most fans can see the issue and the Team does not respond ( IMHO they failed badly) faith only goes so far in the coaching staff. They have a problem at G and know they have a problem get it fixed be it Waters or someone else and plan to draft a G next year.

Go Cowboys

As I read this I kept thinking back to all the other 2nd to 4th round OLmen Dallas picked and had to jettison because they sucked. Is Jerry gun shy on drafting along the OL. Maybe Garrett and now Callahan has had to convince Jerry to spend the picks on Smith and Frederick.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I read this I kept thinking back to all the other 2nd to 4th round OLmen Dallas picked and had to jettison because they sucked. Is Jerry gun shy on drafting along the OL. Maybe Garrett and now Callahan has had to convince Jerry to spend the picks on Smith and Frederick.

I really dont think he is Manster..... Not at all
I think he is deferring to Callahan who knows why types of guys fit his system.

And I am 100% for that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I am 100% for that.

That kind of what I'm saying. If not for Garrett and Callahan in his ear, is he drafting these linemen? Hell there was a time I feared every lineman he picked would be a washout. I know it early but I like the last two 1st rd linemen we got.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I am 100% for that.

I can see your point twist

and Yea I have faith in Callahan but I did not know it was going to have to be faith like Moses had :whistle:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see your point twist

and Yea I have faith in Callahan but I did not know it was going to have to be faith like Moses had :whistle:

no cach could walk in here and switch what we had over night.... it aint moses belief.... faith though

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man it's been two games.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and its been 2 bad ones for him.