• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

weak Sec teams so far

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all this conference yapping makes for good entertainment on the hoop, I'll be glad when the :shortbus: riders finally figure out it is about TEAMS, not conferences!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M won't be 15-20 without an upset of @Clemson, Bama, or @ GEORGIA

Sure they will. 3-4 loss teams make the top 20. A&M lost 4 last year and was 16. They did upset LSU and some closes losses but they can make top 20 with 3-4 losses.

I do agree they have to win 1 of those 5 tough games though. They have a brutal schedule

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M won't be 15-20 without an upset of @Clemson, Bama, or @ GEORGIA
They should if they don't lose any of the rest of 'em. 9-3 should be good enough to get them in the top 15-20....unless the herd mentality/idiot pollsters overly reward some undefeated/one loss teams that haven't played anyone worth a damn.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they will. 3-4 loss teams make the top 20. A&M lost 4 last year and was 16. They did upset LSU and some closes losses but they can make top 20 with 3-4 losses
:ninja:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arkansas - struggling with portland st

tennessee- lol i can’t stop laughing

ole miss again lol lost to memphis

miss st 10 pts over the raging cajuns? smh

kentucky? border line close game vs toledo. they wouldn’t beat many power 5 teams if any.

south carolina currently losing vs NC

summary: half the conference is weak no wonder bama only gets challenged once or twice a year
As an SEC Homer, I agree with your take. Throw in Mizzou, and it wasn't a good day for the middle to bottom of the SEC, that's for sure. Damn, UTjr, they just keep embarrassing the crap out of us.

Arky, Ole Miss shouldn't surprise anyone. UTjr is a joke, not much more to say there. Was surprised at Ky, MSU, and USCjr, and particularly Mizzou. Let's not forget that UF looked like hot garbage in week 0.

All that said and admitted, I stayed up and watched your game. USC didn't look very good ... an interception in the endzone to stop a threat from a Mountain West team. Now, with QB1 out, you guys may lost 3 or 4 of your next 5. So, yeah, middle to low SEC was hot garbage, but USC and PAC hardly has room to talk.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one of the impressive Pac-12 victories made you puff your chest up. Or was it just the fact that your shit team doesn't play until everyone is sound asleep. Add Vandy in there and you just listed all the SEC teams USC could beat, although I would need to spot you 7 against Mrs State for you to eek out a win.
Hahahaahahah I hope that was intentional

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. The SEC is overrated.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaahahah I hope that was intentional

It's my usual go to insult. We might struggle sometimes with Ole Miss, but we got the number for the Mrs.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all this conference yapping makes for good entertainment on the hoop, I'll be glad when the :shortbus: riders finally figure out it is about TEAMS, not conferences!
Yes, it's about teams, but I would have thought the CFP would have made it clear that perceived conference strength makes a difference. I mean there is a reason an SEC team has been in the CFP each year (with one year having 2 teams) and then the PAC has regularly been left out. I pull for all other SEC teams when they play OOC, even Auburn who I despise. Being part of the strongest conference, or a strong conference will assist down the line when they are making hard decisions.

Now, I am for going to 6 or 8, with automatic qualifiers. While that will ensure that each P5 conference gets a team in the CFP, the argument as to perceived strength will still apply for the other 3 teams, and would want the SEC to be the conference getting 2 in each year, unless it's Auburn.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's about teams, but I would have thought the CFP would have made it clear that perceived conference strength makes a difference. I mean there is a reason an SEC team has been in the CFP each year (with one year having 2 teams) and then the PAC has regularly been left out. I pull for all other SEC teams when they play OOC, even Auburn who I despise. Being part of the strongest conference, or a strong conference will assist down the line when they are making hard decisions.

Now, I am for going to 6 or 8, with automatic qualifiers. While that will ensure that each P5 conference gets a team in the CFP, the argument as to perceived strength will still apply for the other 3 teams, and would want the SEC to be the conference getting 2 in each year, unless it's Auburn.

Yes and, all need to play the same schedules: 10 conference games, no FCS games. Even out the playing field would be ideal

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and, all need to play the same schedules: 10 conference games, no FCS games. Even out the playing field would be ideal

None of us need to be playing 10 conference games. We need more games between power conferences, not less.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us need to be playing 10 conference games. We need more games between power conferences, not less.
Agree but it tain't gonna happen as long as all the P5s are wanting the majority of their OOC games to be home games. The math won't work.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure you ain't a Bammer?
There are many of us Dawg fans who hate Auburn more than the Nerds, MSUjr (that's UF) or UTjr. Count me in that group. I hope they lose every game they play. I've felt that way for years - mainly since those bastages turned their water cannons on me in the stands in 1986. I also have a son that goes to Bama, so that has helped cement the hate.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you only played an SEC schedule, you would understand. I kid, I kid.

Not going to happen. You guys need to get to 14 teams and divisions. That's more likely than the SEC and ACC voluntarily playing 9 IC games.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. First, no one plays 10 conference games, even the Big12 who posted that we should only plays 9 ... they have 10 teams and they don't play themselves although some may play with themselves. Yes, I am in third grade.

UGA has a great OOC schedule for the next decade and a half or so. Kind of blows next year, but thereafter we man up as we've mostly done OOC. I think going to a 6 or 8 game CFP with auto-qualifiers would encourage those types of better OOC games. I look forwards to it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but it tain't gonna happen as long as all the P5s are wanting the majority of their OOC games to be home games. The math won't work.

If everybody played 8 and did the 9th against a P5 opponent from another conference, and everything else stayed the same, there would be the same number of home games.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early, damn you guys & your instant gratification.

It's all fun & games until 2 SEC teams are in the Playoffs.... again

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then we agree that the two teams that played that night were not likely the top teams of their respective league.

I don't know why there are so many Washington fans on here salty about where Oregon is ranked. After all they beat you guys last year, return 10 starters on offense and lost to the same Auburn team you guys lost to last year. I am not seeing why you guys think you are significantly better.