• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Should Sign CJ2K

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explosive back, one of my favorites in the league. He's been released by the Titans today. Jackson can't stay healthy, we need some speed and quickness out of the backfield, with an improve O-Line, Johnson will fit in. Make it happen, TD!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Just kidding.

CJ still has something left and I've always liked his toughness inside the Ts for a speed guy. I like what he brings...Quizz is not that speed guy. Like him better than Sjax...but they still have about $2.3 mil of his bonus remaining, I think you have to give him one more year to see if he can be healthy.

IMO CJ needs 20 touches a game as RB to be an impact player...I think when you have JJ & Roddy, you're going to be slanted more to the pass...I like the player, don't know if I love the fit.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think you undermine his value if you limit his touches to even the 15 range.

I don't like Jacquizz Rodgers as the #2 guy. His style of play works for other clubs and other schemes but it doesn't seem to be effective in Atlanta. I think we should be in the market for a new #2 sometime soon.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quizz...I'm with you, but I really like the guy...he's just not what you expect for his stature I guess. He's a good 3rd RB. If Sjax can return to 70% of his peak form, Quizz and Snelling are okay...OFC will be fine, but I do wonder where all of those targets to Tony G in the middle of the field are going to go.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Snelling. He has always done well when called upon. He can pound it and catch pretty well which is something we weren't used to with Turner around.

I'm beginning to think with these regime a speed guy at #2 isn't what we need. We never got anywhere with Norwood or Rodgers. I think we should start looking for someone who is more of a jack of all trades (being able to catch is very important) along with prototypical size at that position.

We let Chase Coffman go a few days ago (our old backup) which leaves Levine Toilolo as the only TE on the roster. I don't think he is ready to play outside of the red zone yet. This seems like a good indication that we will be looking for someone in the draft (possibly 2nd or 3rd round if we want top talent).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I'm hearing locally...it's win in the playoffs or Smitty is likely done. A lot of people are now feeling he can't beat Payton...if they get swept by NO this year that might be his ticket out of town.

I get the sense that TD is not quite as far out on the ledge, (was allowed to bring in Pioli) but even he needs them to have a turnaround so I'm sure he will be looking for another security blanket, TE for Matt. I like the big kid Toilolo, but I think they will look at drafting another TE.

Of course I don't know anything, but I really get the sense TD will try to trade up to #2 if HOU takes Bortles and the local talk I'm hearing is QB. As long as ATL retains their 2nd round pick and can get a decent OT I think he's going to roll the dice for Clowney.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind taking Clowney but going OT seems safer at that position. I think Clowney will do well in the NFL but I worry about durability.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 straight 1,000+ yard rushing seasons. That's #1 for active RB's and he's been in the league for 6 years. I really think that is what we need.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is when the Falcons will select:

• Round 1 – No. 6 overall
  • Round 2 – No. 37 overall
  • Round 3 – No. 68 overall
  • Round 4 – No. 103 overall
  • Round 4 – No. 139 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 5 – No. 147 overall
  • Round 6 – No. 182 overall
  • Round 7 – No. 220 overall
  • Round 7 – No. 253 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 7 – No. 255 overall (compensatory)
I think with this many picks, TD is going to try and swing something for Clowney.

I agree the OT might be the safer pick...I really like Robinson...Martin, Matthews, Robinson, or Lewan all probably start for ATL next year on the right side, and most likely all are future starting LTs.

But...I'm willing to take my chances on guys like LaWaun James, Morgan Moses, Antonio Richardson, Kouandjio at the top of the 2nd if I could also land Clowney.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 straight 1,000+ yard rushing seasons. That's #1 for active RB's and he's been in the league for 6 years. I really think that is what we need.

Well...the 1,000 yds seasons don't really carry much weight now in the 16 gm season era, but his YPC is still near 4 (3.9), proving he's still a productive RB.

The problem is this is the 1st yr under 4 yds per carry in his career...Is he better than Sjax? I think so. Is he on the downside of the bell curve? I think so.

It comes down to money...how much do you want to guarantee CJ?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...the 1,000 yds seasons don't really carry much weight now in the 16 gm season era, but his YPC is still near 4 (3.9), proving he's still a productive RB.

The problem is this is the 1st yr under 4 yds per carry in his career...Is he better than Sjax? I think so. Is he on the downside of the bell curve? I think so.

It comes down to money...how much do you want to guarantee CJ?

I just wish we would have explored this rather than giving SJax the money, he's on the wrong side of his career, going downhill. CJ can be as well, but he's still one of the fastest backs in the league, I'm not sure how much we'd even need to dish out to get him here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish we would have explored this rather than giving SJax the money, he's on the wrong side of his career, going downhill. CJ can be as well, but he's still one of the fastest backs in the league, I'm not sure how much we'd even need to dish out to get him here.

Sjax...I thought the same thing, but I also admit to thinking he would be an upgrade over Turner and he wasn't. One of those many splashy TD FA pickups that hasn't worked so far.

CJ...I'm curious to see how much guaranteed money he's going to get...anything over $10 mil I think would be a lot. If Jackson were not already in place I could embrace CJ a lot more, but I'm kinda banking on Sjax not wanting to finish out his career in the dim lights...he should have a bounce back year.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our running game had a few various negative forces working against us. SJax had the injuries and our offensive line was subpar. We fed him the ball more than 16 times once all season but a lot of that is playing from behind and under performance.

Turner's presence used to be a large staple of our offense to keep the defense honest. If we sure up the offensive line we will be able to go back to that if Jackson can stay healthy but he is more of a rental until we draft, trade, or pick up a new guy in free agency. I don't think we have the depth to be able to get one in the draft anytime soon. I could see us going for a RB in free agency after this next season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL...somebody really made a huge mistake I think its was Smitty.

McClure retired, Clabo was released. They (Smitty imo) thought Konz would slide over to C, and Reynolds and Holmes were ready to play....before anybody got hurt, he was planing on putting 3 new starters with zero NFL starting experience at their respective position in front of Matt Ryan...this was on a team that was a game away from the SB the previous year.

Keep in mind this was pre-injury to Baker...What playoff team from the previous year does that?

Even before Baker went down, they looked weak in training camp on the right side and BAL actually called them out as soft. So....I have to give Sjax some kind of a break because the OL was in shambles all year and it never got better. Smitty rescued the ship from the sinking, stinking, Petrino mess and that's the only thing imo that saved his job LY.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sjax...I thought the same thing, but I also admit to thinking he would be an upgrade over Turner and he wasn't. One of those many splashy TD FA pickups that hasn't worked so far.

CJ...I'm curious to see how much guaranteed money he's going to get...anything over $10 mil I think would be a lot. If Jackson were not already in place I could embrace CJ a lot more, but I'm kinda banking on Sjax not wanting to finish out his career in the dim lights...he should have a bounce back year.

Well Jackson has had more health problems than CJ. But yes, the O-Line was a huge factor in having no success with RB's.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would ask for too much money, and we still need to fix the rest of our O-line and pass-rush problems.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons failing hard in their attempt at scoring a homerun in this offseason to take over the saints. Lets see if it works with Clowney. But saints will be ready to try something different against Clowney. The saints defense has always responded to falcons defense anyway.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons failing hard in their attempt at scoring a homerun in this offseason to take over the saints. Lets see if it works with Clowney. But saints will be ready to try something different against Clowney. The saints defense has always responded to falcons defense anyway.

IDK if CJ (2k was a long time ago) was really the answer to beating NO...I think ATL will have a much improved record, but not sure about a much improved team yet. If Sjax has anything left, this will be the yr to prove it. I think CAR comes back to the back a little bit with the changes at WR...Saints should win the DIV again but I would expect a split with ATL this year.