• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We got him!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And does anyone still think that Dana only has one year left to turn things around?.....LOL!

My suspicion is that if Dana does not produce next year, Bradley gets the job. Until proven otherwise, I think every coaching hire in the last two years has been by Luck. I think he knows that Dana is not really HC material and has been getting coaches in who make him successful.

Dana came in and brought in coaches he was familiar with. Now we are getting coaches with WVU ties, and Oliver luck ties. And BTW, I like what I see.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And does anyone still think that Dana only has one year left to turn things around?.....LOL!

Just spent the weekend in Morgantown. Everyone is buzzing about the hire. This was another Luck hire.

Looks like a plan is in place.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Luck will just keep adding coaches after DH is fired.

If it comes to that...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Luck will just keep adding coaches after DH is fired.

If it comes to that...

Not sure how you get a good read on a coach if you are the one doing all the hiring on his staff? Nothing links these guys to Luck except they all went to WVU...Bradley and Luck have no history as far as i can tell. Guess I am just wondering where all the speculation comes from and the fact why we as fans would not want Luck gone as well if he is this hands on with the staff and moves? Plus how do we move into the future if we have to babysit our coach and the how he handles the staff. I mean if all this speculation is correct how do you give DH credit for the successes/or failures when he is being led down this path by admin moves? I do not mind if the guy fails but if he is being held on a leash then I think this sets a bad precedence going forward.

Luck needs to stay the money guy, not staff builder.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only question with the hiring of Bradley, is why is a guy with that resume being hired as an unspecified position coach, and Gibson as DC??? Luck DEFINATELY made this hire, and told him if he shitcans Holgorsen, he has the job.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spent the weekend in Morgantown. Everyone is buzzing about the hire. This was another Luck hire.

Looks like a plan is in place.

I for one am not buying it...I find it hard to beleive that Luck or Dana for that matter would foster an enviroment of another "Coach in Waiting" scenario...Dana strkes me as a man that would quit on the spot if that was the situation...

It would divide thecoaching staff and players ...just like it did when Dana was hired...at that would make the program NATIONAL fools to let that happen twice...within 5 years!!!..

I think it is what it is...there was a huge opportunity to get an Excellent coach on baord and they went and got him!...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am not buying it...I find it hard to beleive that Luck or Dana for that matter would foster an enviroment of another "Coach in Waiting" scenario...Dana strkes me as a man that would quit on the spot if that was the situation...

It would divide thecoaching staff and players ...just like it did when Dana was hired...at that would make the program NATIONAL fools to let that happen twice...within 5 years!!!..

I think it is what it is...there was a huge opportunity to get an Excellent coach on baord and they went and got him!...

I don't quite see this as an HCIW deal, but rather a if Dana fails and we only have 20,000 fans by the end of the year, Dana will go and Bradley will be a leading candidate for the job. Even if Dana sees it this way, no way he is going to give up the guaranteed cash and walk. He can retire comfortably on just what he will make this year.

I am of the belief that Luck feels he made a mistake in hiring Dana as HC and teh HCIW program he tried. At this point, he is trying to save face and is bringing in enough help to make Dana succeed. If Dana does well, watch for Bradley to be out of here in a year. If we have another 4-8 0r 5-7 season, I expect that Bradley will be our coach in 2015. I have no problem with that.

I also find it interesting that Bradley is not coming in as DC, a job which he has better qualifications than Gibby. So if our Defense does bad, they can't blame Bradley.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite see this as an HCIW deal, but rather a if Dana fails and we only have 20,000 fans by the end of the year, Dana will go and Bradley will be a leading candidate for the job. Even if Dana sees it this way, no way he is going to give up the guaranteed cash and walk. He can retire comfortably on just what he will make this year.

I am of the belief that Luck feels he made a mistake in hiring Dana as HC and teh HCIW program he tried. At this point, he is trying to save face and is bringing in enough help to make Dana succeed. If Dana does well, watch for Bradley to be out of here in a year. If we have another 4-8 0r 5-7 season, I expect that Bradley will be our coach in 2015. I have no problem with that.

I also find it interesting that Bradley is not coming in as DC, a job which he has better qualifications than Gibby. So if our Defense does bad, they can't blame Bradley.

I understand your point of view..but it makes no sense really...what Coach or what person would want to work in an enviroment that the person next to him is there to take his or her job if they fail...and who says Bradley is the right guy to be HC any how?...he has been a career assistant coach for 20 plus years!....if he was that in demand several schools would have brought him in already...there certainly hasn't been a shortage of jobs out there...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you get a good read on a coach if you are the one doing all the hiring on his staff? Nothing links these guys to Luck except they all went to WVU...Bradley and Luck have no history as far as i can tell. Guess I am just wondering where all the speculation comes from and the fact why we as fans would not want Luck gone as well if he is this hands on with the staff and moves? Plus how do we move into the future if we have to babysit our coach and the how he handles the staff. I mean if all this speculation is correct how do you give DH credit for the successes/or failures when he is being led down this path by admin moves? I do not mind if the guy fails but if he is being held on a leash then I think this sets a bad precedence going forward.

Luck needs to stay the money guy, not staff builder.

From what I was told, Luck has been very involved with the hiring and process of managing this team since last spring. The Crook hire was the start of it.

I was told that Gibby and Bradley are friendly, and Bradley wanted to work with him. He will act as a mentor to both Gibson and Holgorsen.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dana has pride enough to walk away from making millions of dollars?

DeForest's first and only year leading the defense lead to more coaching changes. The kids have seen all of this chaos over the last three years. IMO, bringing a guy as energetic as a well respected as Bradley helps WVU look like they have settled the situation. Not look like National Fools.

But, make no mistake... just as I told you on this board a few months ago... there are several deep pockets pressuring Luck. That is why Luck has become more involved than any other AD should be.

Bill Stewart was supposed to be a mentor to Holgorsen. Now it appears Bradley will fill this role.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only question with the hiring of Bradley, is why is a guy with that resume being hired as an unspecified position coach, and Gibson as DC??? Luck DEFINATELY made this hire, and told him if he shitcans Holgorsen, he has the job.

Alot of folk asking that same question and in Lucks mind this may well be another HCIW situation but no way on Earth are we ever going to know that for sure after what happened with Stewart/DH, Luck would never let that go public.

As far as why Gibson? My take? Recruiting, plain n simple. Gibson has proven himself as a fine recruiter WITHOUT the DC title and promotion. He has that now and the WVU DC can sit in mom n dads living room rather than the position coach. Bradley can do the same thing with the partial HC badge and his record that speaks for itself and the PA/NJ/MD history he has with HS programs.

I know this, those few souls that still give a crap about Pitt football are squirming right now. Between this move and Franklin at Penn State and that Meyer fellow in Columnus,the panthers will be known as that basketball school that also has a football program.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you let the guys with big pockets make decisions they are usually bad...:L

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I am not saying I agree with it. Nor do I want to infer that what I was told is gospel.

My friends who spoke to me are also deep pockets... but, they may be full of shit for all I know...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends who spoke to me are also deep pockets... but, they may be full of shit for all I know...

:laugh3:

I think if Ollie is calling the shots like some might think, then he should be held just as responsible for our failures...I mean it is pratical to wonder why we would trust Ollies picks for positions when the head guy he picked has not worked out so far.

I think most of this is speculation by a fanbase desperate for a winner and one that just likes to start sh$t...lol Not saying your friend is this, but none of these guys had ever worked or for the most part associated with Luck, so not sure why he would pick these particular coaches to lead WVU.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

I think if Ollie is calling the shots like some might think, then he should be held just as responsible for our failures...I mean it is pratical to wonder why we would trust Ollies picks for positions when the head guy he picked has not worked out so far.

I think most of this is speculation by a fanbase desperate for a winner and one that just likes to start sh$t...lol Not saying your friend is this, but none of these guys had ever worked or for the most part associated with Luck, so not sure why he would pick these particular coaches to lead WVU.

One has to assume Crook is at WVU because of Luck. Crook has no connection to WVU; however, he grew up in WV.

Gibby, Seider and Cogdell are all either former WVU coaches (Gibby and Seider), or former WVU players in the latter two. None of these three have any connection to Dana. Gibby worked with Patterson at Pitt for one year. However, Gibby and Seider are both known for being great recruiters... Seider did a great job at WVU as a GA.

I could see how Luck would be instrumental in getting these three back to WVU.

Galloway was a holdover... the lone wolf... from Stewart's staff to Dana's. I could see Dana approaching him about coming back. And, Mitchell was a defensive coach at TT when Dana was there. These are the only two additions with a connection to Dana's past.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has to assume Crook is at WVU because of Luck. Crook has no connection to WVU; however, he grew up in WV.

Gibby, Seider and Cogdell are all either former WVU coaches (Gibby and Seider), or former WVU players in the latter two. None of these three have any connection to Dana. Gibby worked with Patterson at Pitt for one year. However, Gibby and Seider are both known for being great recruiters... Seider did a great job at WVU as a GA.

I could see how Luck would be instrumental in getting these three back to WVU.

Galloway was a holdover... the lone wolf... from Stewart's staff to Dana's. I could see Dana approaching him about coming back. And, Mitchell was a defensive coach at TT when Dana was there. These are the only two additions with a connection to Dana's past.

Here is my thinking on this...if Tom Bradley is the upstanding man he is portrayed to be I find it highly unlikely he would take a job licking his chops that he hopes the guy he is working for fails!.because in esssence he fails as well..I would suggest he is a huge safety net in case Gibson is in over his head like Deforest was ...my guess he will be influencing the defense more than Gibson will be doing this year...as far as the other hires I think Dana and I am sure Lucks influence saw that trying to open new recruiting grounds was not going to be as seamless as first thought when jumping conferences so they adjusted there thinking hired guys with east coastrecruiting ties that have established themselves in areas that Wv has always been successful in and also ties to the school since I am certain as Dana has grown tired of watching Asst Coaches with no ties jump to other schools within two years...it makes sense...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my thinking on this...if Tom Bradley is the upstanding man he is portrayed to be I find it highly unlikely he would take a job licking his chops that he hopes the guy he is working for fails!.because in esssence he fails as well..I would suggest he is a huge safety net in case Gibson is in over his head like Deforest was ...my guess he will be influencing the defense more than Gibson will be doing this year...as far as the other hires I think Dana and I am sure Lucks influence saw that trying to open new recruiting grounds was not going to be as seamless as first thought when jumping conferences so they adjusted there thinking hired guys with east coastrecruiting ties that have established themselves in areas that Wv has always been successful in and also ties to the school since I am certain as Dana has grown tired of watching Asst Coaches with no ties jump to other schools within two years...it makes sense...

My take is that luck is trying to put a staff in place that will help Dana win. Bradley brings respect. If he does well, the team should do well. That could get him an HC gig somewhere. If Dana blows it then we have someone who could step in with good continuity. I'll label him HCIWJICDFU Bradley for now.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll label him HCIWJICDFU

I was thinking along those same lines, Luck has a nice "security blanket" in Bradley who could have had several HC gigs in the past but many thought he would be the guy after Paterno before the Sandusky stuff.
I like that one better than security blanket though :laugh3:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Twitter…

Mike Casazza ‏@mikecasazza 27m
Just filed story on Tom Bradley's contract. Includes clause that terminates contract in event of Dana Holgorsen's "voluntary retirement."